ULTRA-THREAD 2.0

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
Megalon-5
JXSDF Technician

Re: ULTRA-THREAD 2.0

Post by Megalon-5 »

Hokmuto wrote:The newest episode was VERY dialogue driven, so, obviously, I didn't understand a thing. I felt Zero sacrificing himself felt really forced. Also, why couldn't Thunder Killer be the one with 2 episodes instead of Galaktron? So, overall, the episode was decent.
If you had the subs, I guarantee your opinion would change.

After several weeks of being so-so, Geed's finally gettin' good and not a moment too soon. Kei's shot from being an uninteresting Juggler clone to a terrifyingly competent villain, the stakes have been raised incredibly and Galactron, despite being reused again, is handled well.

All in all, a REALLY solid episode and one of the show's best. I hope part 2 holds up!

GreenScar
Monarch Researcher

Post by GreenScar »

Very solid episode. Definitely a step in the right direction. Zero's sacrifice was very moving but the preview for next week's episode kinda takes away the impact of it. Either way, I'm satisfied overall.
:g2k: :godzilla: :g64: :spacegodzilla: :mechagodzilla: :gigan: :monsterx:

Top 5 Toho Kaiju I hope show up in the Monsterverse -https://youtu.be/ay28_lPFHvg

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Great episode, probably the best in this series to be honest. Actually something important for the humans to do, a deep emotional core, and some great action at the end. I'm also glad they figured out who Belial is. The only thing now is we actually need some development from riku.

I'm also happy to see Galactron back. He's a pretty cool monster though now he's lacking his original mystery.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

Megalon-5 wrote:
Hokmuto wrote:The newest episode was VERY dialogue driven, so, obviously, I didn't understand a thing. I felt Zero sacrificing himself felt really forced. Also, why couldn't Thunder Killer be the one with 2 episodes instead of Galaktron? So, overall, the episode was decent.
If you had the subs, I guarantee your opinion would change.

After several weeks of being so-so, Geed's finally gettin' good and not a moment too soon. Kei's shot from being an uninteresting Juggler clone to a terrifyingly competent villain, the stakes have been raised incredibly and Galactron, despite being reused again, is handled well.

All in all, a REALLY solid episode and one of the show's best. I hope part 2 holds up!
You were very right. I just saw the episode with subtitles and yeah, it a great episode. I understand the dialogue so now I understand why Zero sacrificed himself, and why it fit more with Galactron than with Thunder Killer as well as understanding how evil this new villain is. Such a great episode!

If you are wondering where I saw the English sub version, here is the vid:

Long Live The King

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Hmm, now thinking about it I feel like the roles of Thunder King and Galactron should have been switched.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

Thread is dead.
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Until tomorrow.

When are the next Geed scans meant to be out, by the way?
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Ultra suits now in stage shows
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

So, changing topics a little bit away from Geed, anybody want to throw out some ideas for the next "gimmick?" I'm hoping the next series shies away from Ultra fusions like Orb and Geed have done. Something I've talked with our fearless TK overlords about in Discord has been a "warrior" gimmick with the basic Ultraman being somewhat samurai-like in design that balances speed and power. Then a strength-based Spartan design and a speed-based Aztec design. Each could easily use the traditional weapons that makes each warrior unique (katana for basic, shield/spear for Spartan and bow and arrow/Macuahuitl for Aztec). Still have a new, non-fusion Ultra that could come with a variety of weapons to sell off in the "BUY THESE TOYS!!!" moments.

Then, of course, you could have some more powerful gimmicks like a modern day soldier one (Ultra with a gun...?) and Native American Indian warrior. There's a lot of fun that could be done with an Ultra that uses various warriors throughout history as a basis for his forms.

So yeah. Just throwing that idea out there.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Next Ultra will probably still use the fusion gimmick, but use the combined powers of Ultras and kaiju/seijin, rather than just Ultras.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I honesty would really dig the idea of kaiju fusing with Ultraman, but it's already sortve been done with C using the cyber parts.

Anyways, I actually haven't watched the most recent episode, but I'm happy to see Skull gomora again. I have the figure and the more I look at it the more I really like the design.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Birdman wrote:Next Ultra will probably still use the fusion gimmick, but use the combined powers of Ultras and kaiju/seijin, rather than just Ultras.
That is inevitable.

GreenScar
Monarch Researcher

Post by GreenScar »

Just saw the new episode and I'm liking were it's going. Leito is turning into a decent character and Fukuide is definitely one of the better bad guys. While I like the design of Zero Beyond, the transformation process is extremely bloated. Also, it seems a little OP. Hopefully they limit how much he uses it. Waiting for Riku to get some better character development.

Added in 16 hours 1 minute 25 seconds:
Kinda hoping Skull Gomora gets an EX form. It would make sense with Beyond being a thing now.

Top 5 Toho Kaiju I hope show up in the Monsterverse -https://youtu.be/ay28_lPFHvg

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

I too would like if they would go away from fusion Ultras. A more classic main Ultra would be great. Plus a secondary Ultra, an artificial super-hero created by humans.
Or in general, some new, independent heroes like Mirror Knight and Glenfire that appear during the shows would be very interesting.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Fusion Rise: Ultraman Orb Spacium Zeperion! Ultraman Mebius! Ultraman Geed: Brave Challenger!

Hikari
GPN Volunteer

Post by Hikari »

Alright, now this is pretty interesting.
May or may have not just came here for the Ultra-Thread.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

GreenScar
Monarch Researcher

Post by GreenScar »

Cool, I was worried that Geed's new form was going to be a combination of his two other forms, like what they did with Zero Beyond. Also, can't wait to see Zetton/King Joe combo.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

BADO IS BACK BOYS

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

Birdman wrote:BADO IS BACK BOYS

Its cool seeing him back, but I hate it when they just take the head of the alien and put it in civilian clothes. Its super lazy.
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.