ULTRA-THREAD 2.0

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Re: ULTRA-THREAD 2.0

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

You'd probably have an aneurysm if you went back and played a PS1 game. Last time I checked sub par graphics don't make a game shit. Reminds me of the PS3/360 days when all the kids just wanted shiny new graphics.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Yiiiikes.

The game looks cool. Kids that young really don't care about graphics, and even if they did, they don't look as bad as they're being made out to look. As long as the game is bright, colorful, and fun, with their favorite characters, the kid will be happy for a day before they pick up another expensive toy :lol:
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:You'd probably have an aneurysm if you went back and played a PS1 game. Last time I checked sub par graphics don't make a game poop. Reminds me of the PS3/360 days when all the kids just wanted shiny new graphics.
I play PS1 games all of the time. RE2, RE3, Silent Hill, Castlevania SotN, Mega Man X4, Mega Man 8, Final Fantasy VII-IX, Persona, Persona 2, etc.

Nevertheless, the graphics shouldn't look that bad just because it's a kids game. That's all I'm saying.
Last edited by Kaiju no Kami on Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

So what do you know. I inavertently caused a few pages of bickering.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

LegendZilla wrote:So what do you know. I inavertently caused a few pages of bickering.
This would be far from the first time you've done that in this thread.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

LegendZilla wrote:So what do you know. I inavertently caused a few pages of bickering.
Isn't that the pont of a discussion board though?

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

It just struck me that Gyango and Bemular were the same monsters :lol:
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

MaxRebo320 wrote:
This would be far from the first time you've done that in this thread.
Or on the entire forum, frankly.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

R/B scans, boys and girls!

Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Neronga's a really pleasant surprise. Gubira...I love the monster to death, but we've seen him three shows in a row now. Unless they want to turn him into the next hero monster like Gomora, give him a rest. Dada's alright, but why no Baltan? :-|

Then again, there IS a Baltan crystal...and according to episode summaries, an upcoming one will involve a group of aliens wanting to have a Halloween party...so there's still be a chance (Give us Ghos and Steal at the party while we're at it).

Added in 2 days 2 hours 19 minutes 50 seconds:
Well, no Baltan sadly, but somebody else is coming to town for Halloween...
Last edited by MaxRebo320 on Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Advice for anyone trying to find Ultraman, Toku is having a deal until Halloween where if you sign up with the promo code HALLO-TOKU, you get 9 months of your subscription for $2.

RIP Evan.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Advice for anyone trying to find Ultraman, Toku is having a deal until Halloween where if you sign up with the promo code HALLO-TOKU, you get 9 months of your subscription for $2.
A fantastic deal, IMO. They've got every show Crunchyroll has and loads more. Every Ultraman fan should have TOKU.

Millenial88
Interpol Agent

Post by Millenial88 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Advice for anyone trying to find Ultraman, Toku is having a deal until Halloween where if you sign up with the promo code HALLO-TOKU, you get 9 months of your subscription for $2.
A fantastic deal, IMO. They've got every show Crunchyroll has and loads more. Every Ultraman fan should have TOKU.
A good thing, especially in the event that this whole partnership with CR officially crumbles.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

As cool as that sounds, I'm good. I don't need any more streaming services. Just give me the series on disc.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

Millenial88 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
A good thing, especially in the event that this whole partnership with CR officially crumbles.
Funny you should mention that.

https://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic- ... iring-soon

So yeah: Leo, 80, Max, & Mebius will all be leaving CR on the 14th due to their licenses expiring.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Aw, Crunchy lost the licenses? Will we finally get damn episodes on DVD finally?
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

Nice that they waited untiL TWO DAYS before their license ends to tell us. If I had known that, I would have made sure to have watched Max and Mebius over the summer. Just another reason why physical media will always be superior to digital.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

I kind of hope it was Crunchyroll that broke their ties with Tsuburaya and not the other way around, because pulling from a pretty recognizable streaming platform like Crunchyroll in favor of a real third-party one that hardly anybody knows about like Toku would be a dumb move. Unless they have something real big planned, like Amazon or Netflix. But Tsuburaya aren't exactly known for their stellar US marketing/distributing (Until they partnered with Crunchyroll), so who knows.

A fusion form that will apparently appear in the R/B movie. Notice the copper-colored Ultra. I was thinking it may be Asahi's Ultra, making it a combo of the three siblings. But then a listing for an "Ultrawoman Grigio" emerged...are they the same? Is Saki Grigio? Two female Ultras in one show???!!

http://www.greattoysonline.com/gto/inde ... s_id=88111

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

At least we have some idea who Grigio/Giallo might be. No idea who Toregia is.

http://www.greattoysonline.com/gto/inde ... s_id=88113
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Birdman wrote:At least we have some idea who Grigio/Giallo might be. No idea who Toregia is.

http://www.greattoysonline.com/gto/inde ... s_id=88113
Oh wow, totally missed that one. It's possible both will be movie-exclusives, but I feel if Saki is Ultrawoman Grigio, she might be appearing in the show itself. But we'll see. I just wish we'd get this show subbed on a regular basis like all of the Rider and Sentai shows do (By 2 - 3 groups no less).

A bit OT, but I recently watched The ☆ Ultraman and reviewed it, for anyone who's interested. 'twas a great show.
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.co ... -ultraman/
Last edited by MaxRebo320 on Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.