ULTRA-THREAD 2.0

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Re: ULTRA-THREAD 2.0

Post by Gothicserpent »

Prepare for Gubila......again
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Birdman wrote:
Millenial88 wrote:Knight Fang is honestly ‘second-to-final episode’ tier imposing.
Here’s hoping the show doesn’t blow its creativity load so quickly.
I hate to crush your hopes, but this is a timeline of the first 11 episodes.
He wasn't hoping it was a final villain, he was saying that it's a kaiju that looks like it would be a final boss. He's also hoping that the show doesn't have all it's best designed monsters in the first few episodes.

(And I'm hoping I got all that right! :) )

Millenial88
Interpol Agent

Post by Millenial88 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Birdman wrote:
Millenial88 wrote:Knight Fang is honestly ‘second-to-final episode’ tier imposing.
Here’s hoping the show doesn’t blow its creativity load so quickly.
I hate to crush your hopes, but this is a timeline of the first 11 episodes.
He wasn't hoping it was a final villain, he was saying that it's a kaiju that looks like it would be a final boss. He's also hoping that the show doesn't have all it's best designed monsters in the first few episodes.

(And I'm hoping I got all that right! :) )
99.99%

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Loving the new kaiju. That first one reminds me of the old school Zarkorr from the '90s. REALLY glad to see Gymaira returning, he was my second favorite 80 kaiju. Now if they'd bring back Mechagillas and Margodon.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

Another show where the main character uses powers from the previous characters? Ugh.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Kaiju no Kami wrote:Another show where the main character uses powers from the previous characters? Ugh.
We have no confirmation of that yet.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

So yeah, I'm a little late to the party, but I'm really liking what I'm seeing. Taiga being Taro's son is the weakest link (Seriously, enough offsprings of past Ultras already), but Titus being from U-40 is too damn cool and something I never expected to see again. As for Taiga being gay...I would love to see a (confirmed) gay Ultra, but I doubt that's the case here. And if it were, I'd find it a little upsetting that he needs to be understood and accepted for his sexuality on a "perfect world" like the Land of Light. Surely they would have accepted anyone of any orientation long before we did.
MM Raids Again wrote:REALLY glad to see Gymaira returning, he was my second favorite 80 kaiju. Now if they'd bring back Mechagillas and Margodon.
Or Noislar, especially considering they have a perfectly good suit for him.
Same applies to Peguila, Banila, Aboras, Guyros, Kettle and Snowgon. But I'm sure we're just gonna get Mecha Gomora again.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Loganrules115
Interpol Agent

Post by Loganrules115 »

Netflix's Ultraman didn't give the best of first impressions, but it seems to get better as it goes along.
Planet X did nothing wrong. :xilien:

Millenial88
Interpol Agent

Post by Millenial88 »

Honestly, Titus and Fuma look a lot more appealing thanks to their side profiles

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^It's cool to see Jonias back. Makes me wonder if we'll hear a sample of his theme.

Darth Kiryu
JXSDF Technician

Post by Darth Kiryu »

Still not sure about Titus, but Fuma is looking great!

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Ultraman Taiga Official Trailer
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

TheDolphinKaijuGod
GPN Volunteer

Post by TheDolphinKaijuGod »

Well, that looks awfully decent.

Sad that they apparently aren't getting rid of the Power Rangers shit though
Resized Image 

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

TheDolphinKaijuGod wrote:Well, that looks awfully decent.

Sad that they apparently aren't getting rid of the Power Rangers poop though
Power Rangers poop?

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

He's referring to the gimmicks, and as long as Bandai has part-ownership of Tsuburaya, they're not gonna go anytime soon. Just be glad they haven't given into them fully like Toei has.

Millenial88
Interpol Agent

Post by Millenial88 »

Birdman wrote:He's referring to the gimmicks, and as long as Bandai has part-ownership of Tsuburaya, they're not gonna go anytime soon. Just be glad they haven't given into them fully like Toei has.
The 20-second integrated commercials henshin sequences drag down the proceedings already. I can’t imagine how Toei bows down to them.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Millenial88 wrote:
Birdman wrote:He's referring to the gimmicks, and as long as Bandai has part-ownership of Tsuburaya, they're not gonna go anytime soon. Just be glad they haven't given into them fully like Toei has.
The 20-second integrated commercials henshin sequences drag down the proceedings already. I can’t imagine how Toei bows down to them.
Would you rather we had to deal with the abnoxiously loud and ridiculous plentiful gimmicks Kamen Rider has as well?

Ultraman had moved on and it's not turning back. Accept that or find something else.

Millenial88
Interpol Agent

Post by Millenial88 »

Birdman wrote:
Millenial88 wrote:
Would you rather we had to deal with the abnoxiously loud and ridiculous plentiful gimmicks Kamen Rider has as well?

Ultraman had moved on and it's not turning back. Accept that or find something else.
I’m not attacking it, just pointing it out.

If anything, the fact that Ultraman isn’t as garish as Sentai/KR in terms of gimmicks makes me like it even more than I already do

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

Frankly, as long as the gimmicks don't run the writing the show, they're fine. Kamen Rider Gaim is a perfect example of a show that can utilize its gimmick while still being top notch in the writing department. Same goes for Build despite the last 9 episodes being a tad lackluster. Also, Orb is one of the best Ultra series out there and that has a gimmick.

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

I just wish the transformations were shorter.
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.