ULTRA-THREAD 2.0

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Re: ULTRA-THREAD 2.0

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Well I mean there was a rumour going round on the Ultra Wiki that Dark Zagi, Dark Lugiel, Ultraman Belial and other Dark Ultras would be in the movie, but I didn't really give it any credit since most of the stuff on wikis are inaccurate.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

80% sure they saw that poster above and added the information :P

I re-watched the Ginga S movie trailer again, and the lady who has the golden robes and mirror mentions what I thought is "Dark Ultra". Whether or not she confuses ALL Ultra's as Dark beings for which ever reason or there is in-fact, Dark Ultra's in this movie. Just theory popping right now.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

thats poster looks a bit rough if its real. What ups with the perfectly square picture of lighting at the top
Resized Image

Megalon-5
JXSDF Technician

Post by Megalon-5 »

IIRC, it's a shop by this one Chinese Facebook group.

Been watching some 80 recently. Gotta say, even if the unique angle has been dropped, it's pretty damn good.

mikenes
EDF Instructor

Post by mikenes »

Yeah, 80's special effects are good. I also like the monster designs.

Megalon-5
JXSDF Technician

Post by Megalon-5 »

The special effects honestly blow anything Toei was doing in the 80's and 90's imo. I like the monsters too, even if they seem a little "plain" after the last three-four shows had the crazy, insane stuff like Dreamgilas, Bemstar, Mochiron, Silver Bloome, etc.

Orgasmatron
G-Grasper

Post by Orgasmatron »

Megalon-5 wrote:The special effects honestly blow anything Toei was doing in the 80's and 90's imo. I like the monsters too, even if they seem a little "plain" after the last three-four shows had the crazy, insane stuff like Dreamgilas, Bemstar, Mochiron, Silver Bloome, etc.
i feel like it had far less memorable monsters than the series prior to it

im not saying it didnt have some neat monsters, salamandora and mecha gillas are awesome, its just theyre much rarer
formerly known as Godzilla1964

Megalon-5
JXSDF Technician

Post by Megalon-5 »

Orgasmatron wrote:i feel like it had far less memorable monsters than the series prior to it
Yeah, I'd have to agree. Though when they're good, they're really good. Though I don't really mind the monsters being so plain (since I love the plain looking guys from Return of Ultraman), but they seem to lack that pizzazz a lot of other monsters have.

pta917
Xilien Halfling

Post by pta917 »

So I'm watching episode 6 of Leo and Dan is trying to run him over...this training sessions are crazy!!!
I would like to hear them with Rocky music.
Davros wrote:This is my ultimate victory, Doctor! The destruction of REALITY ITSELF!

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

pta917 wrote:So I'm watching episode 6 of Leo and Dan is trying to run him over...this training sessions are crazy!!!
I would like to hear them with Rocky music.
I always got the impression that Dan was jealous that Gen could transform and he couldn't. Which is why he treats him so terribly.
Last edited by Gothicserpent on Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

Megalon-5
JXSDF Technician

Post by Megalon-5 »

Ooo, I never thought of it that way Gothicserpent, good theory.

My theory as to why Dan was so harsh is kinda similar: Basically, Dan sees how rash Gen/Leo is and the consequences of Gen/Leo losing to the MOTW (equipment destroyed, people killed, cities demolished, etc). He's at his breaking point and he's taking it out on Gen with the hard training.

Biogoji
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Biogoji »

So anyone know where you can find the whole of Tiga subbed. I found it on youtube but it's missing a few episodes.

Edit: Also does anyone know what Zetton II from Return's powers are?

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

Spoilers for the end of Leo
Spoiler:
Did anyone else think the finale for Leo was pretty bad? While Black End had a cool design, he wasn't much of a threat to Leo in combat and the build up to the fight was pretty weak. I feel like Commander Black should have entered the fray at some point instead of being killed by having a bunch of kids slightly nudge into him. Then Leo somehow blows up an entire planet with a single fireball.

But what really rubbed me the wrong way was how he just abandons poor Tooru at the end. I know that the series ran on this macho man BS about "Becoming a man", but the kid had been through so much. He's had almost everyone he loves killed, been traumatized multiple times, and now his best friend in the world just leaves him. It felt really out of character for Gen to do that, seeing how kind hearted he's been in the entire series. And it's not like he returned to The Ultra Planet, he just sails out into the ocean on a boat. It was a terrible ending to a mostly decent show.
Last edited by Gothicserpent on Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

Biogoji
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Biogoji »

Gothicserpent wrote:Did anyone else think the finale for Leo was pretty bad? While Black End had a cool design, he wasn't much of a threat to Leo in combat and the build up to the fight was pretty weak. I feel like Commander Black should have entered the fray at some point instead of being killed by having a bunch of kids slightly nudge into him. Then Leo somehow blows up an entire planet with a single fireball.

But what really rubbed me the wrong way was how he just abandons poor Tooru at the end. I know that the series ran on this macho man BS about "Becoming a man", but the kid had been through so much. He's had almost everyone he loves killed, been traumatized multiple times, and now his best friend in the world just leaves him. It felt really out of character for Gen to do that, seeing how kind hearted he's been in the entire series. And it's not like he returned to The Ultra Planet, he just sails out into the ocean on a boat. It was a terrible ending to a mostly decent show.
Spoiler Alert I just started watching Leo today.

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

Crap, I'm sorry. I really wasn't thinking....
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"OKAY"

Megalon-5
JXSDF Technician

Post by Megalon-5 »

Spoiler:
Gothicserpent wrote:Did anyone else think the finale for Leo was pretty bad? While Black End had a cool design, he wasn't much of a threat to Leo in combat and the build up to the fight was pretty weak. I feel like Commander Black should have entered the fray at some point instead of being killed by having a bunch of kids slightly nudge into him. Then Leo somehow blows up an entire planet with a single fireball.
But what really rubbed me the wrong way was how he just abandons poor Tooru at the end. I know that the series ran on this macho man BS about "Becoming a man", but the kid had been through so much. He's had almost everyone he loves killed, been traumatized multiple times, and now his best friend in the world just leaves him. It felt really out of character for Gen to do that, seeing how kind hearted he's been in the entire series. And it's not like he returned to The Ultra Planet, he just sails out into the ocean on a boat. It was a terrible ending to a mostly decent show.[/quote]
Spoiler:
Honestly, I liked the finale and found it more entertaining than a few finales from the same time period (Return's comes to mind). I'll fully admit though, that it could've been WAY better. If it was a two-parter, and if Gen didn't pull the "oh, I'm gonna travel the Earth without you Tohru" deal at the end, it would've been perfect.
Of the Showa timeline shows I've seen, I'd rate the finales in this order (not counting Mebius)

1. Seven
2. Ultraman
3. Leo
4. Ace
5. Taro
6. Return of Ultraman

Biogoji
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Biogoji »

Gothicserpent wrote:Crap, I'm sorry. I really wasn't thinking....
Nah it's ok at least I won't be excepting a amazing ending.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Ginga S: Episode 16 is up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRW0ZbA6hIk
Spoiler:
What goes around comes around Exceller. It was pretty cool to see the Dark Lugiel suit again and his ability to force Hikaru and Shou out of their Ultra bodies. It was better then Ginga's season finale, but man I really wanted more. They could have extended the finale another episode and I think it would have felt better.
Looking forward to see if they extended the Ginga series or move on to something else in the mean time.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

pta917
Xilien Halfling

Post by pta917 »

It's an ok episode and the fight could have been better, in a way very similar to Five King.
Davros wrote:This is my ultimate victory, Doctor! The destruction of REALITY ITSELF!

mikenes
EDF Instructor

Post by mikenes »

SpaceG92 wrote:Ginga S: Episode 16 is up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRW0ZbA6hIk

Looking forward to see if they extended the Ginga series or move on to something else in the mean time.
I agree. I guess we will get to hear some news in the coming months, probably at or a little after the movie's premiere.

***edit*** By the way, someone has Ultraman Leo AND Ultraman 80 in 480p on Nyaa for those of you that have been looking for it!

I have watched the first two episodes of Leo. I liked the serious tone. I have read about how the show is a mixed bag from some of you guys. I know that the monster designs are silliest in this show out of all the Ultra shows. That part I'm not looking forward to...