PROJECT NEMESIS

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Re: PROJECT NEMESIS

Postby Showa Gyaos » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:51 pm

I've read Project Nemesis and Project Maigo. They're decent, and I could see these as low budget Science Fiction fare. I'm not sure when I'll pick up the comic series (if I ever do). Robinson knows how to write. That's for sure.
godzilla898 wrote:While I'm here I might as well plug Colossal Kaiju Combat, an in-development kaiju fighting game by Sunstone Games. The next upcoming release is Fall of Nemesis, featuring the main monster of this series! It's still a work in progress, but with a dev team including Simon Strange (remember the Pipeworks Godzilla games?) and Matt Frank, there's some amazing stuff on the way. Fall of Nemesis will not only feature multiple playable monsters (including Nemesis herself) but also a voiced story mode featuring the Big N! Grab your copy today! /end plug

Must...resist....making quips about trading cards....
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.

Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Living Corpse
Kwaidan

Postby Living Corpse » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:00 pm

Getting 3 skreeonking kaiju novels in one year. Apocalypse Machine, Unity, and knowing Project Legion is coming out in October.

daveblackeye15
Interpol Agent

Postby daveblackeye15 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:52 pm

Just hope they're fun. Curious what sets Unity apart from Machine, heck I wonder what sets Machine from Nemesis since I don't plan to read the sample chapters.

The One and Only
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby The One and Only » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:02 pm

daveblackeye15 wrote:Just hope they're fun. Curious what sets Unity apart from Machine, heck I wonder what sets Machine from Nemesis since I don't plan to read the sample chapters.

According to Jeremy Robinson, UNITY is it's own thing ,apart from APOCALYPSE MACHINE, and the NEMESIS SAGA. His pitch for the trilogy of novels under UNITY is "Red Dawn meets RoboTech." There will be daikaiju as the cover says for UNITY ,and mecha to boot. All designed by Nemesis' mid-wife, Matt Frank. Also Robinson had threw it out there that PROJECT LEGION will be the last of the Nemesis series for awhile. :freak:
"A wraith man ! A ghost ! A evil spirit-and it ain't cool !"

The One and Only
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby The One and Only » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:58 pm

Jeremy Robinson's puppet doppelganger fires off an epic rap about the author. Humbly titled...KING OF THE MONSTERS !!!

daveblackeye15
Interpol Agent

Postby daveblackeye15 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:40 pm

Here's something of a picture for Unity.

Hmmm I don't know if it's a good sign that the mech's shape made me think of Bayformers. Then again my main beef with those movies is the hard to see action, humans and humor.

daveblackeye15
Interpol Agent

Postby daveblackeye15 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:34 pm

Anyway issue 4 of the comic came out and I think it's my favorite. Nice quiet moments, got a better feel for the human characters and Nemesis has reached her biggest size at last.

The One and Only
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby The One and Only » Mon May 09, 2016 6:01 pm

Tokyo Lives Podcast covers the first entry to Jeremy Robinson's Kaiju Thriller series, PROJECT NEMESIS.
http://tokyolivespodcast.com/episodes/2016/5/3/episode-07-jeremy-robinsons-project-nemesis

The cover to the opening bookend to Jeremy Robinson's next kaiju franchise, UNITY.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153743527854755

daveblackeye15
Interpol Agent

Postby daveblackeye15 » Thu May 12, 2016 12:26 pm

Can't wait for issue 6 and Unity. Still need to get Machine.

The One and Only
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby The One and Only » Wed May 18, 2016 9:11 pm

American Gothic Press this August 10th will be taking us to ISLAND 731. Courtesy of Jeremy Robinson, and Kane Gilmore sharing writing duties, and GODZILLA:Rulers of Earth artist Jeff Zornow.
http://www.kaijubattle.net/other-kaiju-comics/island-731-1-coming-from-american-gothic-press

daveblackeye15
Interpol Agent

Postby daveblackeye15 » Fri May 20, 2016 12:08 am

Can't wait for Island 731 too. Hopefully Project Maigo is gonna be done too.

Komenja
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Komenja » Sat May 21, 2016 9:05 pm

I get the feeling that the Island 731 comic is being made to set up Mark, Lily, and Joliet as characters for a Project Maigo comic. The first two had roles in that story, and all three had much more impact in later books.

An Island 731 comic itself is pretty awesome, though. Can't wait to see someone draw all the weird creatures!
I was just thinking that the only thing missing right about now was a giant crocodile...
Resized Image
ToxicLove wrote: How will we ever sell Godzilla Unit 731 playsets?

Living Corpse
Kwaidan

Postby Living Corpse » Sat May 21, 2016 10:59 pm

Isn't Unity coming out in June?

daveblackeye15
Interpol Agent

Postby daveblackeye15 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:53 pm

I heard June too, I'm excited. Maybe help fill that Pacific Rim hole.

Dracosaurian
Interpol Agent

Postby Dracosaurian » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:30 am

The One and Only wrote:American Gothic Press this August 10th will be taking us to ISLAND 731. Courtesy of Jeremy Robinson, and Kane Gilmore sharing writing duties, and GODZILLA:Rulers of Earth artist Jeff Zornow.
http://www.kaijubattle.net/other-kaiju-comics/island-731-1-coming-from-american-gothic-press

This is great !!! :D

The One and Only
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby The One and Only » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:20 pm

Check out the first two chapters of Jeremy Robinson's next Kaiju Thriller, UNITY.
http://bewareofmonsters.com/unity/

UltraChuck13
Ronin

Postby UltraChuck13 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:50 am

I just finished the first book yesterday, putting it down only to go to work. I don't usually read fiction (I get bored very easily), but I could not put it down. I ordered Project Maigo yesterday, and am super pumped about reading the rest of the series.

Komenja
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Komenja » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:06 pm

UltraChuck13 wrote:I just finished the first book yesterday, putting it down only to go to work. I don't usually read fiction (I get bored very easily), but I could not put it down. I ordered Project Maigo yesterday, and am super pumped about reading the rest of the series.

Oh dude, you are in for a treat. Project Maigo is amaaaazing! I'd also recommend Island 731, as two characters who show up in Maigo first appear in that book, and the third Nemesis book Project 731 has loads of stuff that build off Island 731.
I was just thinking that the only thing missing right about now was a giant crocodile...
Resized Image
ToxicLove wrote: How will we ever sell Godzilla Unit 731 playsets?

Living Corpse
Kwaidan

Postby Living Corpse » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:14 am

daveblackeye15
Interpol Agent

Postby daveblackeye15 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:21 am

I read the first chapter and I plan to buy it but I am a little annoyed Robinson kind of breaks the 'show don't tell' with letting us know how tough the main character is. I mean I got a monster story I've been working on too and one of the important characters hits similiar beats in back story. Orphaned due to a tragedy, trouble kid, lots of foster parents but all that is learned gradually. I mean I'm sure the monster action will make me forget all this.

Return to “Monster Manor”