PROJECT NEMESIS

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
MrGameguycolor
G-Force Lieutenant

PROJECT NEMESIS

Postby MrGameguycolor » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:20 pm

Written by Jeremy Robinson who also wrote UPRISING & ISLAND 731 is kaiju book series.
There are currently 2 books out as eBooks & paperbacks with a 3rd one named PROJECT 731 being written.
Recently, there has been leaked images of the 1st 2 books getting hard copies illustrated by Cheung Chung Tat, who has also done some Godzilla work.

I haven't read them yet, but heard there's some very gruesome things about these books.
So hell, I think I'm going to order me some copies.
Originally known as TourettesGigan.

A guy named Peter who is part guy, part game
But 100% Mecha Kaiju Monster

Fear me, I am MattG

https://fat.gfycat.com/DisgustingIdealJay.webm

MrGameguycolor
G-Force Lieutenant

Re: PROJECT NEMESIS

Postby MrGameguycolor » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:36 pm

*Never Mind*
Last edited by MrGameguycolor on Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Originally known as TourettesGigan.

A guy named Peter who is part guy, part game
But 100% Mecha Kaiju Monster

Fear me, I am MattG

https://fat.gfycat.com/DisgustingIdealJay.webm

MandaSaurus
Keizer

Postby MandaSaurus » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:55 am

Haven't read any of these, but a kaiju fan, perhaps I should...

The One and Only
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby The One and Only » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:31 pm

Love that cover to PROJECT MAIGO. Can't wait for PROJECT 731. Am excited for it like Ted Kennedy at a whorehouse with an open bar. Any thoughts to what Jon Hudson ,and the Department of Homeland Security Fusion Center-Paranormal Division's team will be dealing with this round Seeing the
Spoiler:
third novel, PROJECT 731, is a definite, full on tie-in to ISLAND 731 I'm guessing another refugee creation from that dreaded island. Also, it might have something to do with the Zoomb's stocking up on the kaiju sized mind control devices used to help win the day in Maigo, and we find out the Zoomb Corporation's involvement in the goings on at Island 731. Or else, or on top of thing, the problems, or catastrophes might be a better word, with the B.F.S.(Big skreeonking Spiders) created in ISLAND 731 causing all sorts of havoc. And even mutating to kaiju size.
Last edited by The One and Only on Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A wraith man ! A ghost ! A evil spirit-and it ain't cool !"

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Kwaidan

Postby Tyrant_Lizard_King » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:33 pm

So Island 731 is in the same continuity then?
Rocker, Dinosaur nut, Cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, of you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Image Image

The One and Only
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby The One and Only » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:59 pm

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:So Island 731 is in the same continuity then?

Yes my brother from another mother. Early on in PROJECT MAIGO a couple of the survivors from ISLAND 731 encounter Jon Hudson and Sarah Collins in the course of an investigation. And end up playing a part in the victory over General Gordon and his kaiju "children" in the book.

The One and Only
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby The One and Only » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:30 pm

Nemesis will be showing up in issue 108 of G-FAN. Battling the magazine's kaiju mascot, G-FANTIS.
And the Goddess of Vengeance is back this November for PROJECT 731. Here's the cover featuring the Queen of the Monsters ,and the legacy of ISLAND 731 .
http://www.facebook.com/Godess.of.Vengence/photos/a.250392058463236.1073741831.157553277747115/367706810065093/?type=1&theater

miguelnuva
Keizer

Postby miguelnuva » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:58 am

Two questions.

1. Do I need to read Island 731 or can I just start with Nemesis.

2. When are the hardback versions coming out?
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

The One and Only
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby The One and Only » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:18 pm

miguelnuva wrote:Two questions.

1. Do I need to read Island 731 or can I just start with Nemesis.

2. When are the hardback versions coming out?

Island 731 happens before Nemesis, but it isn't required reading before the first kaiju thriller. You'll be fine.

The One and Only
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby The One and Only » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:40 pm

The novel's summary which quoting the author is, "ISLAND 731 + PROJECT NEMESIS=PROJECT 731 AND A WHOLE LOT OF HOLY $#!T !!!"
http://www.jeremyrobinsononline.com/tag/project-731/feed/

The One and Only
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby The One and Only » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:57 pm

Living Corpse wrote:Any word when it's coming in book form? I like to have an actual book instead of using a Kindle app.

It's out today(Dec. 10) in paperback. Check out Amazon.com to order the puppy.

The One and Only
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby The One and Only » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:59 pm

Living Corpse wrote:So I finished Project 731.

Man that cliffhanger, it's leaving us for an Avengers/Destroy All Monsters type sequel in the Nemesis saga. Wondering if the creature they hinted killed the original Nemesis is gonna show up. I feel like this book, while still good, was a step down from Project Maigo. That being said, the Tsuchi are horrible. It's rare that a monster that is just an animal is worse than monsters that are evil (like the siblings in Project Maigo), normally the ones that are animals are not as bad as the evil ones (look at Showa Godzilla films to see what I mean) but here is an exception. It'd be like if the hungry Baragon was worse than the evil King Ghidorah and I mean that in a good way.

Looking forward to the prequel with Nemesis Prime and the big crossover event hinted in Project 731.

Just ordered the book from Amazon, and should get it soon enough. But if you Tsuchi was bad enough, check out the genesis of the beast in Island 731, but even its creator make the chimera look nice.

SuperSaiyan4Godzilla
Super Saurian

Postby SuperSaiyan4Godzilla » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:56 pm

I read Kronos by Robinson, and I found it fairly lackluster. I'm hesitant to read another one of his books. How are these novels compared to his other works?
"But, I that am not shap'd for sportive trick nor made to court an amorous looking glass. I that am rudely stamp'd and want love's majesty to strut before and wanton, ambling nymph."

Click here to join the Official TK Forums Facebook Group!

MothraFreak's boyfriend.

steven
Samurai

Postby steven » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:40 am

SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:I read Kronos by Robinson, and I found it fairly lackluster. I'm hesitant to read another one of his books. How are these novels compared to his other works?

Well the fact that they are interesting humans in a kaiju story alone should justify the purchase among other things like a truly menorable monster with character depth and a story that could appeal to a non kaiju fan

The One and Only
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby The One and Only » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:55 am

Just finished Project 731, and quite a fun filled read. Anyone here whose read it caught the joke relating to the Legendary Godzilla film during Nemesis's battle with the Tsuchi ? Also just ordered Raising The Past which tells the tale of
Spoiler:
the Astos getting their summons to our world. And the discovery of Ferox's existence, and their manipulation of humanity through the Atlanteans. Also does anyone know what the symbol on the Atlantean's chest is supposed to be ? It reminds me of the hydrogen molecule emblem Dr. Manhattan sports on his forehead.
Can't wait to see what's coming down the pipe next with Hudson and company's
Spoiler:
search for Atlantis. And the new status quo regarding Nemesis ,and her new collaborator.
Oh what fun we'll be having kaiju fans.

Kaijunator
Kwaidan

Postby Kaijunator » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:01 am

Does anyone else think that the kaiju on the front of the three covers looks like the Big G?
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)

Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.

TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!
Resized Image

Beef Bigshot
Keizer

Postby Beef Bigshot » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:34 pm

Man these were good books. I love how dark many parts are and the dynamics of the characters. Cant wait for the 3rd one to come out
Resized Image

daveblackeye15
Interpol Agent

Postby daveblackeye15 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:28 pm

Sounds like I should get into these after all.

Jacob Kaiju X
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Jacob Kaiju X » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:39 pm

Beef Bigshot wrote:Man these were good books. I love how dark many parts are and the dynamics of the characters. Cant wait for the 3rd one to come out

The third one is out

daveblackeye15
Interpol Agent

Postby daveblackeye15 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:34 pm

So there's three books dealing with monsters plus Island 731? So basically four books for this monster world? Wanna buy them all at once in one package.

Return to “Monster Manor”