The Cloverfield Thread

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
Tyrannoraptor
Samurai

Re: The Cloverfield Thread

Postby Tyrannoraptor » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:42 pm

PRIMEVAL wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:Well, if Paradox is a prequel, you'd be like a baby too if you were suddenly warped into this dimension and people are running around screaming and shooting at you.

I thought it was pretty obvious Paradox wasn't a prequel.

A presequel? I mean... it happens after the three previous events so far, and it is what caused those said events to happen. The timeline is a bit wibbly wobbly.

I've just doubted that Cloverfield monster is an overgrown baby.
Last edited by Tyrannoraptor on Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Tohosaurus » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:25 pm

I am guessing that Comic-Con had no additional details on this supposed "real" Cloverfield (2008) sequel?

I wish they'd translate and publish the manga in English.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

The One and Only
EDF Soldier

Postby The One and Only » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:19 pm

Tohosaurus wrote:I am guessing that Comic-Con had no additional details on this supposed "real" Cloverfield (2008) sequel?

Surprised they hadn't done that years ago. I always thought IDW would be the guys to do that in wake of the original. Strike while the iron was still hot if you will.

Anyhoo, interesting fan-flick set in the CLOVERFIELD multiverse entitled, MEGAN . It features the daughter of John Goodman's lovable, but bat guano crazy prophet of doom from 10 CLOVERFIELD LANE.
https://bloody-disgusting.com/videos/3513351/video-cloverfield-universe-fan-film-megan-surprisingly-exceptional/
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

PRIMEVAL
Futurian

Postby PRIMEVAL » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:43 am

The One and Only wrote:
Tohosaurus wrote:I am guessing that Comic-Con had no additional details on this supposed "real" Cloverfield (2008) sequel?

Surprised they hadn't done that years ago. I always thought IDW would be the guys to do that in wake of the original. Strike while the iron was still hot if you will.

Anyhoo, interesting fan-flick set in the CLOVERFIELD multiverse entitled, MEGAN . It features the daughter of John Goodman's lovable, but bat guano crazy prophet of doom from 10 CLOVERFIELD LANE.
https://bloody-disgusting.com/videos/3513351/video-cloverfield-universe-fan-film-megan-surprisingly-exceptional/

Those 5 minutes were far more entertaining that the entirety of PARADOX... impressive.

_JNavs_
Kwaidan

Postby _JNavs_ » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:56 pm

Giving the film a rewatch right now, this is a classic in the making tbh. It is such a good monster film, and the theme is iconic.

Plus the reviews are pretty solid across the board.
Sith Apprentice.

Return to “Monster Manor”