The Cloverfield Thread

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Re: The Cloverfield Thread

Post by miguelnuva »

LamangoKaijura wrote:
Tyrannoraptor wrote:I was thinking what it would be like if Cloverfield monster as an adult tries to gobble up any kaiju alive.
You need to stop this cloverfield vore trip you've been on for like, 3 years.
The monster is called a newborn/baby by JJ, Matt Reeves and the monster artist designer. JJ later implies it's physicality an adult and mentally a child. Reeves implies the.monater is crawling and adults wpuld be bipedal.

Also Clover was not mutated by slusho. Seabed nectar was an ingrident in slusho that made everyone want slusho but it most likely came from the parasites if anything.

Clover was always that size.
You also say Toho was going to use Cybersaur in a movie. And that's wrong.

Clover was 'LIKE A BABY IN A NEW WORLD' it's not to be taken literally.
I think you have me confused with someone else. I've never said anything about Toho using Cybersaur in a film. What I posted about Clover being a baby is from 3 different people who created the film.

Added in 1 minute 19 seconds:
Tyrannoraptor wrote:
Ryguy wrote:
Tyrannoraptor wrote:But I wasn't expecting the cloud level to show that this Cloverfield monster was excessively/overly as big as nearly the height of the entire troposphere (...while the Cloverfield monster in the first film was a newborn baby)!
Well for one, not only was the city already covered in thick fog as seen earlier in the movie, but the "baby" in the first film wasn't naturally that huge: it was mutated by the Slusho stuff, as I believe has been confirmed elsewhere. There is no adult in this context: the "baby" was the only individual of its species to reach such a size
But it has been mentioned somewhere that the creature in the end of the film, "Cloverfield Paradox" was the adult one then i've also been thinking what if the adult of its species once smaller that the larger size was also mutated by Slusho stuff? So if this is not the adult of its species either, then how would you think the adult would look like?
There is no way for the monster to get access to slusho.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

The cloverfield monster didn't drink slusho, it drank seabed nectar. It was the secret ingredient in slusho that made it such a popular drink

Tyrannoraptor
Monsterland Worker

Post by Tyrannoraptor »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Tyrannoraptor wrote:I was thinking what it would be like if Cloverfield monster as an adult tries to gobble up any kaiju alive.
The one in the first film was never a baby, it just acted like a lost infant animal. I wish people would stop spreading this.
But i thought Matt Reeves &/or J.J Abrams just mentioned that the creature in the film is a lost infant looking for its mother!
Last edited by Tyrannoraptor on Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

It's legit not a baby. They literally say 'It's LIKE a baby, lost in a new world'. Just like people saying 'GMK's heart means he's immortal' No, it means Godzilla, as a concept, will never die.
And Jesus weeps for liars.
From the Unmade creations thread.
Last edited by LamangoKaijura on Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Tyrannoraptor
Monsterland Worker

Post by Tyrannoraptor »

LamangoKaijura wrote:It's legit not a baby. They literally say 'It's LIKE a baby, lost in a new world'. Just like people saying 'GMK's heart means he's immortal' No, it means Godzilla, as a concept, will never die.
But didn't Matt Reeves or J.J Abrams just mentioned that Cloverfield monster being a baby was looking for its mother?

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Tyrannoraptor wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:It's legit not a baby. They literally say 'It's LIKE a baby, lost in a new world'. Just like people saying 'GMK's heart means he's immortal' No, it means Godzilla, as a concept, will never die.
But didn't Matt Reeves or J.J Abrams just mentioned that Cloverfield monster being a baby was looking for its mother?
No, they mention 'It's LIKE a baby looking for its mother'.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:What are you talking about arm!?
Best line in the movie. :lol:
Wanted to use it for an in 5 second video but Netflix is like "no recording footage".

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

So a post from 2016 based on a plot for an unmade movie which may or may not be true. The version of Bio Godzilla I read did mention Cybersaurs, now that is likely a fake plot that I know now but please don't hold a post from 2016 that even I didn't remember off the top my head. I don't appreciate how your two post came off as attacks either when I've done nothing to you so

I can find several sources that say Clover was a baby in 2008 from Reeves, JJ and the monster designer can you provide one source that says like a baby.

And just to prove I didn't make up the Cybersaur rumor

http://forums.kaijuphile.com/showthread.php?t=3096
https://avgk04.deviantart.com/art/Lost- ... -429322946

You can also check page 43 and before, don't know why you would associate me with Cybersaur being in BioGodzilla and bring it into the cloverfield thread.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Tyrannoraptor
Monsterland Worker

Post by Tyrannoraptor »

LamangoKaijura wrote:
Tyrannoraptor wrote:
No, they mention 'It's LIKE a baby looking for its mother'.
oh so you mean its merely acting like a baby looking for its mother.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

I can find several sources that say Clover was a baby in 2008 from Reeves, JJ and the monster designer can you provide one source that says like a baby.
"It's like a baby, lost and looking for it's mother" is what J.J. says in the god damn DVD specials and commentary.

Mr. Xeno
Futurian

Post by Mr. Xeno »

That whole baby thing doesn't even matter anyway. You should only ever consult the film itself for that kind of information, otherwise it's not cannon.
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.

LegendaryMonster
GPN Volunteer

Post by LegendaryMonster »

I’m sticking with the fact that it’s a baby since I’ve heard that several times from the priducers director and creature designer. It just makes sense too
Spoiler:
especially given how large the one in paradox was.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

LamangoKaijura wrote:
You need to stop this cloverfield vore trip you've been on for like, 3 years.
I agree so much with this, it's so cringey.

Added in 1 minute 13 seconds:
Mr. Xeno wrote:That whole baby thing doesn't even matter anyway. You should only ever consult the film itself for that kind of information, otherwise it's not cannon.
I kind of second this notion. I mean, it's tricky though because the film gives you SO little to go on though. I've always felt the first monster was indeed a baby, because he REALLY does act like one (especially when you see it from the Helicopter POV). But again it's tricky to not take filmmaker's opinions into consideration.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Alright, so maybe it's not that big but what if(and that's a big if) it is breaching cloud barrier level. And I mean like breaching the atmosphere cloud barrier level not building cloud barrier level.
Last edited by ernesth100 on Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

Mr. Xeno
Futurian

Post by Mr. Xeno »

Maritonic wrote:I kind of second this notion. I mean, it's tricky though because the film gives you SO little to go on though. I've always felt the first monster was indeed a baby, because he REALLY does act like one (especially when you see it from the Helicopter POV). But again it's tricky to not take filmmaker's opinions into consideration.
Yeah, but the lack of any direct explanation for what was going on was sort of the point of Cloverfield, or at least I thought so. It's about a group of everyday people just getting thrown into a disaster, rather than being about a bunch of scientists and reporters figuring out every little detail. It's the perspective that the overwhelming majority of us would see should an actual monster attack occur. The baby comments honestly just feel like the creators throwing the fans some discussion material to keep them interested in the film.
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Mr. Xeno wrote:
Maritonic wrote:I kind of second this notion. I mean, it's tricky though because the film gives you SO little to go on though. I've always felt the first monster was indeed a baby, because he REALLY does act like one (especially when you see it from the Helicopter POV). But again it's tricky to not take filmmaker's opinions into consideration.
Yeah, but the lack of any direct explanation for what was going on was sort of the point of Cloverfield, or at least I thought so. It's about a group of everyday people just getting thrown into a disaster, rather than being about a bunch of scientists and reporters figuring out every little detail. It's the perspective that the overwhelming majority of us would see should an actual monster attack occur. The baby comments honestly just feel like the creators throwing the fans some discussion material to keep them interested in the film.
Oh I agree completely. That very perspective is the main reason I love the first film so much. I was simply saying I don't begrudge people from taking out-of-film comments into context when there is so little to go on.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Well, if Paradox is a prequel, you'd be like a baby too if you were suddenly warped into this dimension and people are running around screaming and shooting at you.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

LamangoKaijura wrote:Well, if Paradox is a prequel, you'd be like a baby too if you were suddenly warped into this dimension and people are running around screaming and shooting at you.
I thought it was pretty obvious Paradox wasn't a prequel.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Mr. Xeno wrote:That whole baby thing doesn't even matter anyway. You should only ever consult the film itself for that kind of information, otherwise it's not cannon.
As a Star Wars fan I've been conditioned to accept things outside the film as long as it's not contradiction to said film.

I believe the final verdict is Clover at best is mentally a baby as he was in the ocean for thounsands of years.

Added in 3 minutes 34 seconds:
Maritonic wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:Well, if Paradox is a prequel, you'd be like a baby too if you were suddenly warped into this dimension and people are running around screaming and shooting at you.
Paradox likely brought the monster from 2008 over to the paradox world or it sent the 2008 clover to his earth thousands of years in the past. The arg from the 2008 film should really be kept if possible.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

Maritonic wrote:
A presequel? I mean... it happens after the three previous events so far, and it is what caused those said events to happen. The timeline is a bit wibbly wobbly.