Power Rangers/Super Sentai Thread

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: Power Rangers/Super Sentai Thread

Post by LegendZilla »

^Will you be fine with masterpiece zords as long as we get what you want to see from Hasbro as well?

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

Hasbro will be making a new film:
https://www.cnet.com/news/power-rangers ... existence/

Will it be a squeal, a reboot, or a mix we'll just have to wait and see?

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Wasn't it confirmed as a sequel to the Legendary film?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Godzillian wrote:Wasn't it confirmed as a sequel to the Legendary film?
Legendary had nothing to do with Power Rangers.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Godzillian wrote:Wasn't it confirmed as a sequel to the Legendary film?
Legendary had nothing to do with Power Rangers.
Could've have swore they did, oh well. It was confirmed as a sequel though from what I've read so that's neat

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

Nothing is confirmed. There’s been no announcement. I think it was a poor choice of wording by Hasbro and the Licensing article.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

Mr. Yellow wrote:Nothing is confirmed. There’s been no announcement. I think it was a poor choice of wording by Hasbro and the Licensing article.
http://news.tokunation.com/2018/08/08/h ... ovie-54512

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

And? Tokunation is simply reiterating what the article said. They were very careful not to make any assumptions like other places have done.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

Mr. Yellow wrote:And? Tokunation is simply reiterating what the article said. They were very careful not to make any assumptions like other places have done.
Yes, but the point is that Hasbro is making a sequel to last year's movie. You were saying there was no announcement, but there is the proof that there was.
Last edited by Kaiju no Kami on Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Kaiju no Kami wrote:
Mr. Yellow wrote:And? Tokunation is simply reiterating what the article said. They were very careful not to make any assumptions like other places have done.
Yes, but the point is that Hasbro is making a sequel to last year's movie. You were saying there was no announcement, but there is the proof that there was.
But Hasbro said "follow-up," which does not necessarily mean sequel. Tokunation presents the interpretation that it will be a sequel as just that: an interpretation.
Last edited by eabaker on Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

The article wasn’t any sort of an announcement, it was just a blurb in a licensing article. It the. Started being blown out of proportion.

I’m all for a sequel and another movie, but that’s not what we’re look at, not yet anyway.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

In case you guys didn't hear, Discotek has licensed the Metal Heroes show Juspion for a BD release next year.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Surprised not see news about this on the thread. POWER RANGERS:Legacy Wars. A video game featuring the Rangers from the various teams throughout the ages and multiverse. Including the 2017 movie team, and the modern Rita Repulsa. And last but not least, characters from STREET FIGHTER V getting into the mix as well.
Trailer.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Jeff-Goldblum2
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum2 »

It seems like a fun idea and i'm glad they are willing to accept the 2017 Rangers as part of the bigger franchise.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

http://news.tokunation.com/2018/10/08/2 ... iled-56085

This sounds interesting. I am hoping for the best.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

POWER RANGERS LEGACY WARS:Street Fighter Showdown short film.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Christ, they released Jetman? I'm still trying to get through Gingaman...
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

LamangoKaijura wrote:Christ, they released Jetman? I'm still trying to get through Gingaman...
Yep. Gaoranger comes out in Dec too. Though, at this point, they could stop and I wouldn't care since I now have essentially the best of the franchise.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Kaiju no Kami wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:Christ, they released Jetman? I'm still trying to get through Gingaman...
Yep. Gaoranger comes out in Dec too. Though, at this point, they could stop and I wouldn't care since I now have essentially the best of the franchise.
Well they could start going backwards now. :dizzy:
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.