Power Rangers/Super Sentai Thread

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Re: The Power Rangers/Sentai Thread

Post by darthzilla99 »

Part of the no explantion is that this is not the "first episode" in the storyline. (Saban thought it would be better ratings wise to start with an action packed episode). And turns out his decision was correct as this made more than 2 million views. Let's see if he can keep it coming. It was posted on Henshin Justice unlimited and I will try to find it. Edit: http://forums.henshinjustice.com/showth ... 16&page=36

Acting wise I thought it was better acting then what we have seen in a long time though that's not saying much. The only PR season that had alright acting was Time Force really. As much as I love MMPR, that had the worst acting in the series IMO.

Also, the violence factor is back. The monster's arms got cut off by the Megazord, something disney would not have let.
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by goji1986 »

darthzilla99 wrote:Part of the no explantion is that this is not the "first episode" in the storyline. (Saban thought it would be better ratings wise to start with an action packed episode). And turns out his decision was correct as this made more than 2 million views. Let's see if he can keep it coming. It was posted on Henshin Justice unlimited and I will try to find it. Edit: http://forums.henshinjustice.com/showth ... 16&page=36

Acting wise I thought it was better acting then what we have seen in a long time though that's not saying much. The only PR season that had alright acting was Time Force really. As much as I love MMPR, that had the worst acting in the series IMO.

Also, the violence factor is back. The monster's arms got cut off by the Megazord, something disney would not have let.
This certainly explains alot, thanks for the info! I'm glad this wasn't the actual pilot...any idea when that will air?
PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!
(Former V2.0 still available as well)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5561

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD reconstruction COMPLETE!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26132

Godzillawolf
G-Grasper

Post by Godzillawolf »

I actually really liked the episode. It was very nostalgic, like an old school Power Rangers series, me and my roomate, another Rangers fan, watched it and loved it.

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

No one knows when the pilot will air though there is a rumor that Nick will advertise it as a "See how PRS begin" sort of thing.
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

RHF
GPN Volunteer

Post by RHF »

Soooo...

What's everyone thoughts on Power Rangers Samurai so far?

Biggest disappointment I've had so far is the lack of Bulk and Skull

Spike just doesn't fit the bill. :/
For great justice, and fruit pies!

DrKaiju1954
G-Grasper

Post by DrKaiju1954 »

Freakin love this series.Dinothunder was my favorite of the series and next was the original one.So nostalgic...
"You're trespassing in my reality. Ask permission next time."

RHF
GPN Volunteer

Post by RHF »

I'm still uncertain. I kind dislike the Red ranger, he seems really robotic, and not caring about anyone but himself and his training. And the lack of the actual episodes 1 and 2, which I "heard" will be made into a 75 minute long movie, to serve as the origin
For great justice, and fruit pies!

BountyHunter
GPN Volunteer

Post by BountyHunter »

Samurai needs 100 cc's of Kimberly in her tight pink spandex : STAT!!
http://capturecomics.blogspot.com
Home of my upcoming Bounty Hunter comic book series!

TokyoVigilante
Futurian

Post by TokyoVigilante »

Power Rangers will be good once they adapt Gokaiger, as impossible as that likely will be.
“I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room.” - Ray Bradbury

Godzillawolf
G-Grasper

Post by Godzillawolf »

RHF wrote:Soooo...

What's everyone thoughts on Power Rangers Samurai so far?

Biggest disappointment I've had so far is the lack of Bulk and Skull

Spike just doesn't fit the bill. :/
Skull's actor is a teacher now, they really couldn't get him to reprise his role, so they just made him a son.

Personally, I LOVE the series so far, it's not the best series ever, but it's not even close to worst. RPM is the only Disney series which might be better than this one, and that's just because Disney didn't care and told the creator to do whatever he wanted.
RHF wrote:I'm still uncertain. I kind dislike the Red ranger, he seems really robotic, and not caring about anyone but himself and his training. And the lack of the actual episodes 1 and 2, which I "heard" will be made into a 75 minute long movie, to serve as the origin
He's actually less cold than his Japanese counterpart though.

Also, I'm loving Ricardo Medina Jr. as Deker, he's doing a great job as the character.

Also, on topic, I've seen pics of a new Ranger suit circulating around that was made for Samurai. Has anyone heard anything about that?

mecha-gino
Futurian

Post by mecha-gino »

Ladies(the very few) and the many gentlemen of this forum, let your inner child shout in glee while the series is still not in the U.S. region of dvd land but if you have a netflix account, You can watch every season from mighty morphin to the last season before it went into Limbo.
R.I.P My Old Sig. 2011 to 2016

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

I was a hardcore MMPR fan... Last series I watched was Zeo.

Is Samurai good?
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Godzillawolf
G-Grasper

Post by Godzillawolf »

zilla103192 wrote:I was a hardcore MMPR fan... Last series I watched was Zeo.

Is Samurai good?
Started out a little slow, then the character Deker showed up and it got a lot better. When the sixth Ranger showed up, it really got good. It's a lot like the Japanese version, but it's started splitting off and heading into it's own thing.

mecha-gino
Futurian

Post by mecha-gino »

Stuckey wrote:Alright guys, this has been bugging me for the past week. I cannot for the life of me figure out what monster I am thinking of.
I believe it was white-ish in color, and looked sorta like a robot or something. Had some spikes maybe. And then along with it was this huge face in the sky that was all spikey. I want to say that it could grow swords out of it's arms? And that it was dominating whichever Zords it fought. And I swear that Rita was involved in the episode somehow. But I CANNOT figure out what it is. UGH.
Cyclopsis is the name you are looking for and he was also piloted by Goldar and in the Japanese version the head was Satan.

mecha-gino
Futurian

Post by mecha-gino »

Stuckey wrote:Thanks, I found it like 10 seconds after posting that. haha
Stuckey, as your apperent Superior I'm deducting a week's worth of pay from you. :P

Cyclopsis I always thought was cool and it's even cooler that he's playable in two power rangers games.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

just thought of something.

If they had to film new MMPR footage with the white ranger and the other rangers they couldn't have made jason or a new actor the new green ranger and just splice some dragonzord footage into a couple zord fights?
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

And it seems that Gokaiger, the epic anniversary season that utilized every Ranger ever, will not only not be the next season of Power Rangers, but will in fact never be adapted. Ever.
You may be wondering why Power Rangers Megaforce used Goseiger rather than Gokaiger, which was an ideal season based on the successful execution of the anniversary concepts. I wasn’t able to get a solid answer for this question. They believed that Gokaiger’s pirate theme was more focused for boys (rather than boys and girls) and the concepts of stealing and plundering were too hardcore for a young audience.
I say the following with complete seriousness and no intention of being funny:

WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Saban needs to reboot MMPR. Get Tommy or Jason to come back as the new mentor/Zordon role and get a new group of teens or make them the children of the original rangers and eventually have all 7 MMPR on the team at once. Or at least that's what I'd do.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Bump for Hellspawn.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Tim85
EDF Instructor

Post by Tim85 »

I've been watching the big box set of Seasons 1-7 I got for my birthday and I'm currently in the Zeo season. I really enjoy watching these again. My favorite season is still the third season. Everything is firing on all cylinders.

I tried to go back and watch Linkara's History of Power Rangers and apparently, I don't have the correct quicktime downloaded to view them. Does anyone know which one is needed?
I was mentioned in the SciFi Japan article about the appearence of extras on the Godzilla vs. Megalon DVD.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2012 ... p-mystery/