Power Rangers/Super Sentai Thread

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
UltramanGoji

Re: Power Rangers/Super Sentai Thread

Post by UltramanGoji »

LegendZilla wrote:Can anyone fill me in on their opinion regarding Bandai parting ways with Power Rangers (at least in North America) in favor of Hasbro? To be honest, I am feeling bummed out because of this.
I don't give a shit about Power Rangers, but BoA is a shitty company so it's a good thing to me.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodEmperorGabara
The Modfather
The Modfather

Post by GodEmperorGabara »

https://newsroom.hasbro.com/news-releas ... -and-other

Hasbro now owns Power Rangers (toys, shows, etc.). Fingers crossed for a Power Rangers/Transformers crossover comic.
I hate you eternally now Derzerb, I hope you know this.
<3

Made a Discord server, feel free to message me if you're interested.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

This could be a good thing! Hasbro has the means and will to get things rolling and try to revitalize franchises. Yes, the attempts often suck, but as long as they embrace the cheesiness then I think anything new they try with Power Rangers will have some fun to it.

GodEmperorGabara
The Modfather
The Modfather

Post by GodEmperorGabara »

I'm curious as to what that means for their Go-Busters adaption now.
I hate you eternally now Derzerb, I hope you know this.
<3

Made a Discord server, feel free to message me if you're interested.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

GodEmperorGabara wrote:https://newsroom.hasbro.com/news-releas ... -and-other

Hasbro now owns Power Rangers (toys, shows, etc.). Fingers crossed for a Power Rangers/Transformers crossover comic.
So you mean Hasbro bought out Saban completely?

Jeff-Goldblum1
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum1 »

Are the Dinobots Zords now?

Just so long as there is no Power Ranger Ponies (Disgust).
Last edited by Jeff-Goldblum1 on Tue May 01, 2018 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Jeff-Goldblum1 wrote: Just so long as there is no Power Ranger Ponies (Disgust).
Famous last words.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

I really hope this doesn't prevent Boom from doing PR comics.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

One thing I hope happens is that Hasbro produces high-quality collectors’ items of the 90’s era zords akin to Bandai’s Soul of Chogokin line. If that were the case, it would truly make up for the lack of Bandai.

As for more wishful thinking, I really do feel that an animated Power Rangers series deserves a chance one day. From what I hear Disney wanted to do one back in the mid/late 2000’s, but Toei forbade it, which is why the former let Power Rangers go completely, leaving Saban to claim it back until now. If a reboot in the form of an animated does get made, one thing that I believe is crucial is that it acknowledges the series’ Japanese roots by incorporating elements of Zyuranger, Dairanger and so forth into the plot, something the 2017 film should’ve done, but failed in my book.

I am not asking for every last detail of the original version thrown into the mix, but at least a reasonable handful. Voltron Legendary Defender did a stellar job of at being a balance of both 1984’s Voltron Defender of the Universe as well as the original Beast King Golion, So if the same can be done for PR and its japanese parent-franchise, I’d be satisfied. For example, in the original japanese version Rita Repulsa’s reason for turning evil was the death of her son and she sold her soul to the devil for revenge. A similar scenario could work well if handled properly in an animated version if done right, minus the devil soul-selling stuff that is.

What ideas do you have for a hypothetical animated Power Rangers series done at the hands of Hasbro? Fill me in.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sun May 06, 2018 8:19 pm, edited 6 times in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

LegendZilla wrote:One thing I hope happens is that Hasbro produces high-quality collectors’ items of the 90’s era zords akin to Bandai’s Soul of Chogokin line.
They won't. Most you'll get is stuff like the Legacy Collection from Bandai America.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Sun May 06, 2018 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

UltramanGoji wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:One thing I hope happens is that Hasbro produces high-quality collectors’ items of the 90’s era zords akin to Bandai’s Soul of Chogokin line.
They won't. Most you'll get is stuff like the Legacy Collection from Bandai America.
How is that possible if Bandai no longer has the rights to toy production of the series?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sun May 06, 2018 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

UltramanGoji wrote:
How do you know?

Frankly, I want to see Hasbro give us show accurate fully posseable figures that are up to the standards of Marvel Legends. Not to mention villains. I am so bored with Bandai doing nothing but rangers.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

LegendZilla wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
How is that possible if Bandai no longer has the rights to toy production of the series?
Stuff LIKE the Legacy Collection. LIKE.
Kaiju no Kami wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
How do you know?
Because if they haven’t done high-quality stuff for their own brands, they won’t do it for PR.

Like I said, expect stuff like what we got with Legacy Collection. We aren’t getting Masterpiece Zords if that’s what your expecting.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

Define high quality stuff because I see tons of high quality Marvel, Star Wars, and Transformers.

I don't want Masterpiece zords. I want full ranger teams that aren't roided out. I want actually villains like Goldar, Rita, Scorpina, Monda, Gasket, Ecliptor, Darkonda, Diabolical (along with the rest of the LSR villains), Monsters of the Week, etc.

Added in 7 days 11 hours 42 minutes 38 seconds:
In case you did not hear, Shout! is going to be bringing Jetman and Gaoranger to DVD this year.
Last edited by Kaiju no Kami on Mon May 07, 2018 8:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Nice, one step closer to Abaranger

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Bandai giving up the rights to Power Rangers is like somebody cutting off their right hand.

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Post by MikeSTZillak »

Godzillian wrote:Nice, one step closer to Abaranger
And two steps closer to Dekaranger! (hopefully, Shout! will do a Blu-Ray release)
Last edited by MikeSTZillak on Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

MikeSTZillak wrote:
Godzillian wrote:Nice, one step closer to Abaranger
And two steps closer to Dekaranger! (hopefully, Shout! will do a Blu-Ray release)
Doubt it. I don't expect to see BD releases until they get to the shows that were actually filmed in HD, provided Toei even lets them to BD. They still won't let Funimation do BD for One Piece.

Added in 1 minute 16 seconds:
LegendZilla wrote:Bandai giving up the rights to Power Rangers is like somebody cutting off their right hand.
I don't think Bandai had a choice in this case.

Either way, it's not like they truly cared about the franchise anymore anyway. They couldn't even be bothered to complete their ranger teams, give them weapons, make villains, etc.

Hell, they had one job and that was to make a Legacy Shogun MZ and they couldn't even do that.
Last edited by Kaiju no Kami on Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

It's such a shame Toei wont let shout release the movies with these sets

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

Godzillian wrote:It's such a shame Toei wont let shout release the movies with these sets
Separate license. They would be better off just doing the movie sets like Toei does it in Japan anyway. Until Abaranger, the movies didn't matter either.

Speaking of which, Shout! has shipped out my preorder of Timeranger.

Added in 2 days 1 hour 39 minutes 58 seconds:
My Timeranger collection: