King Kong Tribute Thread (THE REAL KING KONG!)

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
User avatar
SoggyNoodles2016
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4005
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 7:37 am
Location: My parents' basement

Re: King Kong Tribute Thread (THE REAL KING KONG!)

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:43 am

Vakanai wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Image

Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean you're talking to a wall. I get what you're saying, I just don't think it's as big of a deal as you do.
Is discussion only worthwhile if people end up agreeing?


No, discussion is fine even if we disagree.

I feel like I'm talking to a wall because you keep coming to the same points and haven't acknowledged anything I say.


Just skreeonk this whole thing.
Image

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.


fanofstuff wrote:You mean to tell me that you don't see two crabs and think "Yeah, combined they can take on God"?

User avatar
Vakanai
G-Grasper
Posts: 1391
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:27 am

Re: King Kong Tribute Thread (THE REAL KING KONG!)

Postby Vakanai » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:46 pm

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
Vakanai wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Image

Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean you're talking to a wall. I get what you're saying, I just don't think it's as big of a deal as you do.
Is discussion only worthwhile if people end up agreeing?


No, discussion is fine even if we disagree.

I feel like I'm talking to a wall because you keep coming to the same points and haven't acknowledged anything I say.


Just skreeonk this whole thing.

I think I did acknowledge what you said - by saying that I don't think they would sue if someone stuck to the public domain stuff, and I didn't see a reason not to do a ice queen thing just because of Disney's Frozen. I mean, I don't have anything else to say about your points. And I only keep coming to the same points because I don't think that they've been successfully refuted. That's not me ignoring anything or being stubborn, just kind of a logical response if I think those points stand as the best argument still.

But if you don't feel that is a fine on my part and you're talking to a brick wall, I guess that's on you. But it feels kinda rude to me to say that about me when I honestly have been trying to debate honestly.
Always, *always* proofread, typos are Hedorah.
If you discover you have made a typo, *always* correct it.
Trust me.

Godzilla vs Kong: Kong won't die. He might win, he might lose, but he will survive.

Some netiquette:
1. If you don't want to be rude, *ask* me before you sig me.

User avatar
Omegazilla
Interpol Agent
Posts: 434
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:30 am

Re: King Kong Tribute Thread (THE REAL KING KONG!)

Postby Omegazilla » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:34 am

And King Kong fought against Godzilla, but was heavily altered. I liked how they gave him electricity powers and made him Big G's size, BUT they made NO connection to the iconic 1933 film. Why didn't Kong live on Skull Island? Where's Ann Darrow? Carl Denham? They should've returned for King Kong vs Godzilla, since they know Kong well.

This. Unfortunately it looks like altering Kong is gonna get repeated, but that's a whole different topic in of itself but I do agree Kong characters should have appeared as well in KKvG, alongside Godzilla characters as well. Anyways I do like Kong. The "real" Kong as the OP puts it. The 1933 will always be a classic and the 70's remake will always be an amusing schlockfest, while the 05 Kong will also be an overlengthed and pretentious boring incarnation. The biggest disaster of 05 Kong is that they changed him from a unique humanoid creature to literally an oversized gorilla which took away his uniqueness. Kong should always be that unique humanoid that is "neither beast nor man."

User avatar
Terasawa
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4120
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:06 am

Re: King Kong Tribute Thread (THE REAL KING KONG!)

Postby Terasawa » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:38 am

Omegazilla wrote:
And King Kong fought against Godzilla, but was heavily altered. I liked how they gave him electricity powers and made him Big G's size, BUT they made NO connection to the iconic 1933 film. Why didn't Kong live on Skull Island? Where's Ann Darrow? Carl Denham? They should've returned for King Kong vs Godzilla, since they know Kong well.

This. Unfortunately it looks like altering Kong is gonna get repeated, but that's a whole different topic in of itself but I do agree Kong characters should have appeared as well in KKvG, alongside Godzilla characters as well.


It took me a long time to find the post you quoted. I didn't think to look as far back as seven years.

Except for continuity that only hardcore fans would care about, why should characters from the 1933 film have returned for KKvG?
Save All Dubs. Sub All Tohos.

Resized Image

User avatar
Vakanai
G-Grasper
Posts: 1391
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:27 am

Re: King Kong Tribute Thread (THE REAL KING KONG!)

Postby Vakanai » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:13 am

Omegazilla wrote:
And King Kong fought against Godzilla, but was heavily altered. I liked how they gave him electricity powers and made him Big G's size, BUT they made NO connection to the iconic 1933 film. Why didn't Kong live on Skull Island? Where's Ann Darrow? Carl Denham? They should've returned for King Kong vs Godzilla, since they know Kong well.

This. Unfortunately it looks like altering Kong is gonna get repeated, but that's a whole different topic in of itself but I do agree Kong characters should have appeared as well in KKvG, alongside Godzilla characters as well. Anyways I do like Kong. The "real" Kong as the OP puts it. The 1933 will always be a classic and the 70's remake will always be an amusing schlockfest, while the 05 Kong will also be an overlengthed and pretentious boring incarnation. The biggest disaster of 05 Kong is that they changed him from a unique humanoid creature to literally an oversized gorilla which took away his uniqueness. Kong should always be that unique humanoid that is "neither beast nor man."

I don't think that they're going to alter anything beyond his size. No lightning powers.
Always, *always* proofread, typos are Hedorah.
If you discover you have made a typo, *always* correct it.
Trust me.

Godzilla vs Kong: Kong won't die. He might win, he might lose, but he will survive.

Some netiquette:
1. If you don't want to be rude, *ask* me before you sig me.

User avatar
Omegazilla
Interpol Agent
Posts: 434
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:30 am

Re: King Kong Tribute Thread (THE REAL KING KONG!)

Postby Omegazilla » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:12 am

Terasawa wrote:
Omegazilla wrote:
And King Kong fought against Godzilla, but was heavily altered. I liked how they gave him electricity powers and made him Big G's size, BUT they made NO connection to the iconic 1933 film. Why didn't Kong live on Skull Island? Where's Ann Darrow? Carl Denham? They should've returned for King Kong vs Godzilla, since they know Kong well.

This. Unfortunately it looks like altering Kong is gonna get repeated, but that's a whole different topic in of itself but I do agree Kong characters should have appeared as well in KKvG, alongside Godzilla characters as well.


It took me a long time to find the post you quoted. I didn't think to look as far back as seven years.

Except for continuity that only hardcore fans would care about, why should characters from the 1933 film have returned for KKvG?

It would be a nice touch. Not necessary obviously, but it would be interesting to have them, even if in a small role like Professor Yamane in Godzilla Raids Again.


Return to “Monster Manor”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests