King Kong Tribute Thread (THE REAL KING KONG!)

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
The Octopus
G-Grasper

Re: King Kong Tribute Thread (THE REAL KING KONG!)

Post by The Octopus »

^I know. I don't want to sound negative but this has crap written all over it. Uwe Boll style of crap

I hope I'm wrong.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

Wait, the TV show is still happening?

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Shhh! The Octopus wrote:Its the only movie (that I know of) where Kong gets hit in the head with a golf-ball.
One of its many achievements.
Last edited by tbeasley on Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

kingkevzilla88 wrote:Wait, the TV show is still happening?
Yes? Shows defitnely coming out next year, though there's some question if the Twitter account I got the image from is the real account or a random fan account making fan promotion like that bizarre New World Cinemas account that said they were distributing Shin Godzilla in the US.

RIP Evan.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Shhh! The Octopus wrote:^I know. I don't want to sound negative but this has crap written all over it. Uwe Boll style of crap

I hope I'm wrong.
Can't say we shouldn't be surprise. This IS being made by the creators of the skreeonking Bye Bye Man which has got to be one of the stupidest horror concepts ever.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Well it's nice seeing King Kong getting some attention..... but honestly I've got no hope for this.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Post by The Octopus »

In the King Kong Broadway musical. Kong fights a GIANT COBRA!!

SoggyNoodles2016

Shhh! The Octopus wrote:In the King Kong Broadway musical. Kong fights a GIANT COBRA!!
sadly, from what I've heard, it's the only non-Kong creature that appears on Skull Island like in the 76 film. Which is fair, I suppose but I wish they made some other creatures. I'll even take random bird effects or handpuppet animals, these are the people behind some of the best animatronics out there, give them something to do

RIP Evan.

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Post by The Octopus »

If anyone is interested in that King Kong musical so far its doing really well at the boxoffice
https://www.broadway.com/buzz/194109/br ... -week-yet/
Last edited by The Octopus on Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

I remember going to see their Walking with Dinosaurs show when I was a wee lad, and their dinosaur effects blew me away. It's almost shame that they didn't seem have the time or resources to make at least one more monster for this show. But at least it's finally out there and it's doing well to boot! That cobra doesn't look have bad, either!

As for the talk of this TV show, I think I'll just steer clear for now. I can't say trust anyone who thinks "The Bye Bye Man" is a good title for an unironic scary movie. I mean, it's not like it will be another Kong: King of the Apes, but I'm just going to keep a nice long distance from it for now. A nice...
*step, step*
Long...
*step, step*
Distance...
*sinks back into the darkness*
Last edited by Titanoterror98 on Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Well, the Broadway musical has an excuse for having nothing more than a big snake to fight Kong. What's DiLaurentiis' excuse? Poor planning?

SoggyNoodles2016

MandaSaurus wrote:Well, the Broadway musical has an excuse for having nothing more than a big snake to fight Kong. What's DiLaurentiis' excuse? Poor planning?
Thats.....exactly it, actually. The plan was for more creatures on Skull Island along with Kong, but after blowing the budget on the infamous animatronic Kong, they had to settle for the Kong suit and the snake.

RIP Evan.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:Well, the Broadway musical has an excuse for having nothing more than a big snake to fight Kong. What's DiLaurentiis' excuse? Poor planning?
Thats.....exactly it, actually. The plan was for more creatures on Skull Island along with Kong, but after blowing the budget on the infamous animatronic Kong, they had to settle for the Kong suit and the snake.
That is... incredibly depressing. :)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

Zarm wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
That is... incredibly depressing. :)
That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

You know...now that I think about it...I'm surprised there haven't been more Kong films
in the past. Like they could have made a series like the Godzilla Heisei series with an
ongoing plot with Kong facing a new threat/creature in every film.

Kong vs. Dracula?
Kong vs. Tremors?
Kong vs. The Giant Gila Monster?
Kong vs. The Deadly Mantis?
Kong vs. The Black Scorpion?
Kong vs. Them!?
Kong vs. Madonna?

The possibilities are basically endless...
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Post by The Octopus »

Rights issues killed alot of planned projects. Cooper wanted to bring Kong to different studios to make movies but his constant battles with RKO kept that from happening. He wanted to have King Kong fight Tarzan (!) in a project he as going to do with David O Selznick over at Pioneer Pictures, and in the 1960's even wanted to do a Space Kong movie (!!).

Maybe its for the best none of this stuff happened.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Shhh! The Octopus wrote:a Space Kong movie (!!)

I would love to see Kong actually taken out of his box and thrown into different scenarios. I feel like he could have at least as much versatility as Godzilla, if not more so. The Monsterverse is doing things a little bit differently so far, admittedly.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Let's not forget Toho wanted to make Kong films but had legal troubles as well

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Shhh! The Octopus wrote:Rights issues killed alot of planned projects. Cooper wanted to bring Kong to different studios to make movies but his constant battles with RKO kept that from happening. He wanted to have King Kong fight Tarzan (!) in a project he as going to do with David O Selznick over at Pioneer Pictures, and in the 1960's even wanted to do a Space Kong movie (!!).

Maybe its for the best none of this stuff happened.
I dunno, half of Kong's films are just remakes of the original, go to Skull Island, bring him back to the New York, he get's shot shot down and dies.

And the GA noticed this pattern as well, I had to tell several people that KSI was not a remake while trying not to spoil it, basically saying King Kong never leaves the island.

Also found this.

https://www.deviantart.com/pixeljeff199 ... -669899560

Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start.
Last edited by BlankAccount on Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I really want to know what that Space Kong movie would've been about...
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!