The Alien and Predator Discussion Thread (1979-2018)

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.

There's 12 so pick 6

Alien (1979)
24
19%
Aliens (1986)
24
19%
Predator (1987)
22
17%
Predator 2 (1990)
16
13%
Alien³ (1992)
10
8%
Alien Resurrection (1997)
1
1%
Alien vs. Predator (2004)
11
9%
Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem (2007)
1
1%
Predators (2010)
11
9%
Prometheus (2012)
4
3%
Alien Covenant (2017)
2
2%
The Predator (2018)
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 126

User avatar
Grievous
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:27 pm

Re: The Alien and Predator Discussion Thread (1979-2018)

Postby Grievous » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:48 pm

2004Zilla wrote:
Grievous wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:Not gonna lie, I was really hoping for there to be a Xenomorph egg in the ship. It would have been better than that goofy Predator suit.

No.

Yes, I was.

Were you actually really thinking that at the time?

Because having the Predator race give the human race a Xenomorph in any form
is a skreeonking retarded idea...especially considering the events of the 2 AVP films...
which I remind you are in continuity with this cinematic abortion that is named
"The Predator"

No special ending the filmmakers could have cooked up would have "fixed" or
"saved" this film. It is a goddamn mess that needs to be forgotten as quickly
as possible.
Image
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

User avatar
2004Zilla
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4922
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:38 pm
Location: Val Verde
Contact:

Re: The Alien and Predator Discussion Thread (1979-2018)

Postby 2004Zilla » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:54 pm

Grievous wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:
Grievous wrote:
No.

Yes, I was.

Were you actually really thinking that at the time?

Yes.

Grievous wrote:Because having the Predator race give the human race a Xenomorph in any form
is a skreeonking retarded idea...especially considering the events of the 2 AVP films...
which I remind you are in continuity with this cinematic abortion that is named
"The Predator"

Surely not as retarded as Predators trying to fuse themselves with human DNA, having a Predator come down to Earth to warn humanity, only to immediately kill a bunch of soldiers, and weaponized autism? It would have been at the very least a nice callback to the previous films in an already dumb film.

Grievous wrote:No special ending the filmmakers could have cooked up would have "fixed" or
"saved" this film.

Well, a Xenomorph egg would have been pretty badass.
SuperPawnageGigan wrote:What has this thread become.

Image

User avatar
Grievous
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:27 pm

Re: The Alien and Predator Discussion Thread (1979-2018)

Postby Grievous » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:09 am

2004Zilla wrote:Yes.

Wow...

Were you on drugs?

2004Zilla wrote:Surely not as retarded as Predators trying to fuse themselves with human DNA, having a Predator come down to Earth to warn humanity, only to immediately kill a bunch of soldiers, and weaponized autism? It would have been at the very least a nice callback to the previous films in an already dumb film.

Like I've been saying...this entire film is broken.

NOTHING could have fixed it.

And "callbacks" are skreeonking pathetic in general because for me it shows a lack of creativity on
the filmmakers part.

"I can't create awesome new moments...I have to rehash & reuse moments already seen to
make the audience like my film."


"Callbacks" are lame...

Create.Something.New!

And for your information this is my opinion for every film franchise...including kaiju films.

:thumbsup:

2004Zilla wrote:Well, a Xenomorph egg would have been pretty badass.

Just because its "badass" doesn't mean it gets a free pass as far logic goes.

In fact if that would have been the ending...I still would have stood up, thrown my soda at
the cinema screen & shouted "skreeonk OFF!!!" which is exactly what I did when I saw the actual
ending of the Predator causing the other 7 people in the audience to laugh & cheer in agreement.
Image
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

User avatar
Zarm
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4882
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:21 pm
Location: USA, East Coast
Contact:

Re: The Alien and Predator Discussion Thread (1979-2018)

Postby Zarm » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:19 am

I am wondering if this would have been a Ripley ancestor, in the same way Lance Henrickson was a forebearer in AvP. Considering this film opperates on the shared universe model, it would make sense for the Ripley family to already be around in this time period. Unless they confirmed it was supposed to be time traveling.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:


Winner of the last-ever(?) TK Fantasy Match tournament.

#ProLife

The Zone Fighter campaign is funded and complete, with translations in progress! PM me if you want to be part of the Facebook updates group.

Maranatha!

User avatar
Grievous
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:27 pm

Re: The Alien and Predator Discussion Thread (1979-2018)

Postby Grievous » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:21 am

Zarm wrote:I am wondering if this would have been a Ripley ancestor, in the same way Lance Henrickson was a fore-bearer in AvP. Considering this film operates on the shared universe model, it would make sense for the Ripley family to already be around in this time period. Unless they confirmed it was supposed to be time traveling.

Could is the keyword...

It doesn't matter what was found in that pod...

Ellen Ripley...
Dutch Schaefer...
A Xenomorph egg...
A Stupid Iron Man suit...
A vat of cold centipede jizz...

it doesn't matter because...

THE.FILM.IS.BROKEN!
Image
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

User avatar
Zarm
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4882
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:21 pm
Location: USA, East Coast
Contact:

Re: The Alien and Predator Discussion Thread (1979-2018)

Postby Zarm » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:44 am

Yes, I do get that. I'm just trying to speculate on the thought behind that scene; not trying to suggest it would've saved the film. :)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:


Winner of the last-ever(?) TK Fantasy Match tournament.

#ProLife

The Zone Fighter campaign is funded and complete, with translations in progress! PM me if you want to be part of the Facebook updates group.

Maranatha!

User avatar
Grievous
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:27 pm

Re: The Alien and Predator Discussion Thread (1979-2018)

Postby Grievous » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:00 am

Zarm wrote:Yes, I do get that. I'm just trying to speculate on the thought behind that scene; not trying to suggest it would've saved the film. :)

Sorry Zarm...

I'm not trying to be nasty...

I just found "The Predator" so offensive that it
actually makes me angry just thinking about it.
Image
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

User avatar
Zarm
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4882
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:21 pm
Location: USA, East Coast
Contact:

Re: The Alien and Predator Discussion Thread (1979-2018)

Postby Zarm » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:41 am

Grievous wrote:
Zarm wrote:Yes, I do get that. I'm just trying to speculate on the thought behind that scene; not trying to suggest it would've saved the film. :)

Sorry Zarm...

I'm not trying to be nasty...

I just found "The Predator" so offensive that it
actually makes me angry just thinking about it.


I certainly have movies like that (in fact, there is even a Star Wars movie like that... but I hide it so well, no one on these boards even knows which one it is! ;) ), so I can understand. Sorry it bothered you so much! :(
Last edited by Zarm on Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:


Winner of the last-ever(?) TK Fantasy Match tournament.

#ProLife

The Zone Fighter campaign is funded and complete, with translations in progress! PM me if you want to be part of the Facebook updates group.

Maranatha!

User avatar
Grievous
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:27 pm

Re: The Alien and Predator Discussion Thread (1979-2018)

Postby Grievous » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:52 am

Zarm wrote:Sorry it bothered you so much! :(

You don't need to apologize Zarm...

I want an apology from Shane Black.

:evil:
Image
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

User avatar
2004Zilla
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4922
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:38 pm
Location: Val Verde
Contact:

Re: The Alien and Predator Discussion Thread (1979-2018)

Postby 2004Zilla » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:28 am

Grievous wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:Surely not as retarded as Predators trying to fuse themselves with human DNA, having a Predator come down to Earth to warn humanity, only to immediately kill a bunch of soldiers, and weaponized autism? It would have been at the very least a nice callback to the previous films in an already dumb film.

Like I've been saying...this entire film is broken.

NOTHING could have fixed it.

And "callbacks" are skreeonking pathetic in general because for me it shows a lack of creativity on
the filmmakers part.

"I can't create awesome new moments...I have to rehash & reuse moments already seen to
make the audience like my film."


"Callbacks" are lame...

Create.Something.New!

And for your information this is my opinion for every film franchise...including kaiju films.

:thumbsup:


/r/iamverysmart

It's a sequel, genius. Callbacks are supposed to be expected. That's kinda the point of a sequel. Also, I find it very questionable you are complaining about a lack of creativity on a forum dedicated to one of the longest running franchises in film.
SuperPawnageGigan wrote:What has this thread become.

Image

User avatar
MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5425
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:02 pm
Location: Black Hole Planet 3
Contact:

Re: The Alien and Predator Discussion Thread (1979-2018)

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:06 am

Oh man everyone on AVP Galaxy is having a hellava response to that ending.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

User avatar
Maverick Centigrade
Keizer
Posts: 7181
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:14 pm
Location: Hargenteen

Re: The Alien and Predator Discussion Thread (1979-2018)

Postby Maverick Centigrade » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:07 am

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:See ya guys this is why the Alien and Predator movies just needs to die. If you want to continue them do it in the form of video games and comics.


Kylo Ren has it right. Let old things die. The magic of these franchise is gone. At least in the movies. It's all the wrong people getting their hands on it. I agree maybe Predator franchise needs new blood elsewhere. Maybe a TV series, or video games, I don't know.

It's like putting a pet to sleep because they're old and decrepit. I don't want the Predator series to die. But after this whole.skreeonking mess, what else can we do?


Ya'll have no idea how bad I wanna go back to the days of AVPR. Badass Wolf Predator killing countless aliens and being awesome.

And I now completely forgive Predators (2010), I had some issues with that, but all is forgiven. We had it pretty good with that one.
Last edited by Maverick Centigrade on Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
So then Worf suddenly has a purple space bazooka...

User avatar
GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer
Posts: 9456
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:11 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: The Alien and Predator Discussion Thread (1979-2018)

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:13 am

Maverick Centigrade wrote:Kylo Ren has it right. Let old things die. The magic of these franchise is gone. At least in the movies. It's all the wrong people getting their hands on it. I agree maybe Predator franchise needs new blood elsewhere. Maybe a TV series, or video games, I don't know.

It's like putting a pet to sleep because they're old and decrepit. I don't want the Predator series to die. But after this whole.skreeonking mess, what else can we do?


Ya'll have no idea how bad I wanna go back to the days of AVPR. Badass Wolf Predator killing countless aliens and being awesome.

And I now completely forgive Predators (2010), I had some issues with that, but all is forgiven. We had it pretty good with that one.

Indeed. There's nothing new to give for the classics. If anything just watch the classics.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5425
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:02 pm
Location: Black Hole Planet 3
Contact:

Re: The Alien and Predator Discussion Thread (1979-2018)

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:37 am

Maverick Centigrade wrote:


Ya'll have no idea how bad I wanna go back to the days of AVPR. Badass Wolf Predator killing countless aliens and being awesome.

Honestly, Wolf wasn't that awesome, he was pretty careless all things considered. He goes from destroying evidence of Xenomorphs (only does it once) to killing and skinning some random guy that had no business being killed. It's also Wolf's fault that the infestation got so bad as it did, he could've wiped all of them out in the sewers. Later Wolf kicks down a hospital door and roars...... truly an elite Predator. If he's a hunter why would be make himself known, especially in close quarters?
I don't like nitpicking movies like this, but when the story and characters are complete garbage, it's gets me thinking of why the Aliens and Predators are also weird and make stupid decisions.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

User avatar
Grievous
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:27 pm

Re: The Alien and Predator Discussion Thread (1979-2018)

Postby Grievous » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:42 pm

2004Zilla wrote:/r/iamverysmart

I have no idea what this means...so...I guess I'm not that smart?

2004Zilla wrote:It's a sequel, genius. Callbacks are supposed to be expected. That's kinda the point of a sequel.

I know its a sequel...I never said I was genius...

And your idea of a sequel is to just repeat the same ideas/scenes/lines
from the films previous in the series? That is really, really sad.

2004Zilla wrote:Also, I find it very questionable you are complaining about a lack of creativity on a forum dedicated to one of the longest running franchises in film.

I find your condescending attitude & narrow views on sequels very questionable...
so I guess we can call it even?
Image
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

User avatar
GodzillavsZilla
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2963
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:45 am
Location: somewhere riding on Anguirus

Re: The Alien and Predator Discussion Thread (1979-2018)

Postby GodzillavsZilla » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:57 pm

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Maverick Centigrade wrote:


Ya'll have no idea how bad I wanna go back to the days of AVPR. Badass Wolf Predator killing countless aliens and being awesome.

Honestly, Wolf wasn't that awesome, he was pretty careless all things considered. He goes from destroying evidence of Xenomorphs (only does it once) to killing and skinning some random guy that had no business being killed.

I have no idea why he even skinned the guy. He clearly had enough of that blue stuff to melt the body. Why didn't he use it?

It's also Wolf's fault, in context to the film, the movie's so dark after he destroyed that power station. That's the biggest sin in an already shitty movie.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:

On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary poop though if it is just scratches.


Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

User avatar
Grievous
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:27 pm

Re: The Alien and Predator Discussion Thread (1979-2018)

Postby Grievous » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:07 pm

GodzillavsZilla wrote:the movie's so dark after he destroyed that power station. That's the biggest sin in an already shitty movie.

But...Wolf didn't have control of the lighting budget...

:lol:
Image
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

User avatar
GodzillavsZilla
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2963
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:45 am
Location: somewhere riding on Anguirus

Re: The Alien and Predator Discussion Thread (1979-2018)

Postby GodzillavsZilla » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:16 pm

Grievous wrote:
GodzillavsZilla wrote:the movie's so dark after he destroyed that power station. That's the biggest sin in an already shitty movie.

But...Wolf didn't have control of the lighting budget...

:lol:

GodzillavsZilla wrote:in context to the film


Though, it would make more sense if a Xenomorph had control of the lighting...
Last edited by GodzillavsZilla on Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:

On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary poop though if it is just scratches.


Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

User avatar
Grievous
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:27 pm

Re: The Alien and Predator Discussion Thread (1979-2018)

Postby Grievous » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:22 pm

GodzillavsZilla wrote:Though, it would make more sense if a Xenomorph had control of the lighting...

I now I just have this mental image of a Xenomorph lighting
crew slacking off & smashing all the bulbs & tubes.
Image
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

User avatar
2004Zilla
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4922
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:38 pm
Location: Val Verde
Contact:

Re: The Alien and Predator Discussion Thread (1979-2018)

Postby 2004Zilla » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:45 pm

Grievous wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:/r/iamverysmart

I have no idea what this means...so...I guess I'm not that smart?

It means you're a doofus for thinking that you're some sort of kinographic God because you can dunk on an already shitty movie. In general, people get a little pissed off when you answer back in a mocking tone that doesn't have any substance. Hopefully that clears everything up.

Grievous wrote:I know its a sequel...I never said I was genius...

And your idea of a sequel is to just repeat the same ideas/scenes/lines
from the films previous in the series? That is really, really sad.

Yeah, I do expect at least some level of consistency between films. When I say that a Xenomorph egg would have been cool to see, I mean that it would have set up a goofy premise that has worked before (i.e. the comics), and it would have allowed Fox a chance to make an actually good Alien vs Predator. But I forgot reboots are below your exquisite taste of le cinéma.
Last edited by 2004Zilla on Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SuperPawnageGigan wrote:What has this thread become.

Image


Return to “Monster Manor”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest