The Alien and Predator Discussion Thread

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.

There's 13 so pick 6

Alien (1979)
19%
Aliens (1986)
14%
Predator (1987)
16%
Predator 2 (1990)
10%
Alien³ (1992)
4%
Alien Resurrection (1997)
4%
Alien vs. Predator (2004)
8%
Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem (2007)
2%
Predators (2010)
4%
Prometheus (2012)
4%
Alien Covenant (2017)
3%
The Predator (2018)
No votes
Prey (2022)
14%

Total votes: 114

_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: The Alien and Predator Discussion Thread (1979-2018)

Post by _JNavs_ »

Can't wait for the 7 new Disney Plus Alien spinoff shows along with 2 new Alien animations on Disney XD
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Watch the Xenomorph Queen become a Disney Princess.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Watch the Xenomorph Queen become a Disney Princess.
You'd like that wouldn't you GameraFan1990s
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
At the very least, I need that as a t-shirt (to go with my Disney-styled Princess Leia shirt).

GodzillaFan1990's, you have revealed your true genius to us. Thank you.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

As long as the Queen Alien captures all the other Disney Princess, and inpregnates them and takes a picture with the chestburter coming out... Wait, now i want that as a T-Shirt... Then i'd be 100% okay with this.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

So after watching the Alien Isolation web series it seems to me like there's going to be some sort of a sequel in the works as the "series" used a lot of new footage from post game. I'm not sure if that's what sets up the mobile game Blackout as I haven't played that yet but it seems like a safe bet too assume that we may get a Isolation sequel some point down the line.

As for EA making it I wouldn't count on that the only reason Disney is letting them do Star Wars is they had a licensing agreement in place for that. I'm pretty sure EA just has the Star Wars license and not other Disney properties in fact I know they do because Square Enix is doing that Avengers game and Insomniac did Spider-Man.

Speaking of Alien games what would you guys think of a Aliens Colonial Marines remaster which all the issues from the core game fixed? IE better graphics, smarter AI and a reworked story? Me personally I'd be fine with it because I kind of liked the original game yes it had its problems but I did get a lot of enjoyment co-oping the story with my friend Brian and doing MP with a few forum members.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Godzilla21 wrote:
You'd like that wouldn't you GameraFan1990s
I'm waiting for my Freaky Friday Predator musical.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Nobody talking about the 6 Alien shorts coming for the 40th Anniversary?

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

ApexOversteer wrote:Nobody talking about the 6 Alien shorts coming for the 40th Anniversary?
I'm hopeful but skeptical. I wish they would commit do doing another Alien film and stop dancing around the idea with these short films but that being said the creative potential inherit in doing these 6 films is REALLY exciting so I'm ready to be presently surprised with these.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

cloverfan98 wrote:I'm hopeful but skeptical. I wish they would commit do doing another Alien film and stop dancing around the idea with these short films but that being said the creative potential inherit in doing these 6 films is REALLY exciting so I'm ready to be presently surprised with these.
Honestly after Alien: Covenant I don't think I'll watch anymore of them...
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

My fucking god, dude. We heard you the first hundred times.

Anyways, I'm excited for this. Looks like these short films have captured the aesthetic of the Alien series perfectly and I think that Xenomorph at the end is the suit they made for the Protomorph.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

I'm excited for these short films, I will be watching them!

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Wow....... this, is such a great innovative idea. Maybe we'll see a dog xeno again? 6 stories, so there's gotta be something for everyone. Super hyped.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
cloverfan98 wrote:I'm hopeful but skeptical. I wish they would commit do doing another Alien film and stop dancing around the idea with these short films but that being said the creative potential inherit in doing these 6 films is REALLY exciting so I'm ready to be presently surprised with these.
Honestly after Alien: Covenant I don't think I'll watch anymore of them...
These are 6 completely new stories from totally fresh directors and Scott's not involved at all I don't understand why you wouldn't.
why did i have to be the chosen one?

MorgansTShirt
Samurai

Post by MorgansTShirt »

I discovered some creepy conceptual images of an alien parasite hiding amid the wheat-like plants from Alien: Covenant.

https://www.alien-covenant.com/topic/46380

What a tiny marvel to behold!!!

Makes me wish they dropped the Xenomorphs, or at least made them less of the focus, and just created more unique beasties in this confused Prometheus semi-franchise. Prometheus was awfully pretentious and a bit of a storytelling mess, but it had some genuinely fine scenes, themes, some characters, and ideas here and there which could have been expanded much more, even though I agree with eabaker's remark about the demystification of the Space Jockeys.

On the subject of those Alien short films, I'm definitely intrigued, but I'm not deeply interested. I've gotten a little bored of the Xenomorph, sadly. Same with Predators, though I think they have greater potential for new stories.
Last edited by MorgansTShirt on Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Who here still likes to think the Space Jockeys are large elephant like creatures and not as depicted in Prometheus?
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Godzilla21 wrote:Who here still likes to think the Space Jockeys are large elephant like creatures and not as depicted in Prometheus?
I definitely do not regard them as being nearly as humanoid as they were in Prometheus.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I like the theory that the Space Jockeys made the Engineers, just as they made Humans and Aliens. Like they just jump planets experimenting with new life. It may not hold much weight but I do like the idea, especially since we saw how large the Jockey from 79 was. There's no way an Engineer could grow that height, especially considering we saw their homeworld (sadly not through the eyes of "Paradise" like it was originally intended to be) and not one of them were beyond maybe 1 or 2 feet above normal human height.

I also like the theory that the Engineers/Jockeys and Predators are at constant war with each other. Since Predators are more tribal and hunt with moral codes (We don't talk about that weird hybrid Predator nonsense from 2018) while Engineers are more tech savvy and focus on the creation of life, but at the end of the day when they fight it's just 2 blood lusted warriors ripping each other apart.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

_JNavs_ wrote:I like the theory that the Space Jockeys made the Engineers, just as they made Humans and Aliens. Like they just jump planets experimenting with new life. It may not hold much weight but I do like the idea, especially since we saw how large the Jockey from 79 was. There's no way an Engineer could grow that height, especially considering we saw their homeworld (sadly not through the eyes of "Paradise" like it was originally intended to be) and not one of them were beyond maybe 1 or 2 feet above normal human height.

I also like the theory that the Engineers/Jockeys and Predators are at constant war with each other. Since Predators are more tribal and hunt with moral codes (We don't talk about that weird hybrid Predator nonsense from 2018) while Engineers are more tech savvy and focus on the creation of life, but at the end of the day when they fight it's just 2 blood lusted warriors ripping each other apart.

huh.

Jockeys are Engineers. Prometheus established the "Jockey" is a suit Engineers wear for flying their ships.

the rest is just fan canon. No evidence at all. Just fan canon

RIP Evan.