TREMORS Thread

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Re: TREMORS Thread

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Graboids in the city would be amazing

It'd be called
TREMORS BACK 2 THA HOOD
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

ZinK
Interpol Agent

Post by ZinK »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:Graboids in the city would be amazing

It'd be called
TREMORS BACK 2 THA HOOD
The Graboids can't move through concrete. Also, since the Graboids haven't been in tha hood before it would be TREMORS IN THA HOOD.
c a k e e v e r y n i g h t

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

Tremors 6 takes place in Canada, and involves Weaponized Graboids, and Burt becoming ill from "Graboid Venom"(what?).
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

Zilla103192 wrote:Tremors 6 takes place in Canada, and involves Weaponized Graboids, and Burt becoming ill from "Graboid Venom"(what?).
http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3424 ... tremors-6/

Link to the above information.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

Zilla103192 wrote:Tremors 6 takes place in Canada, and involves Weaponized Graboids, and Burt becoming ill from "Graboid Venom"(what?).

As if the T5 team's return wasn't already enough to scare me off, now they gotta start making up bullshit that never existed prior.

Also $100k says that even though this is taking place in Canada, the Graboids are still gonna be the fucking "African" breed. And yeah, the fucking quotation marks are necessary given the opening of 5.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

ZinK
Interpol Agent

Post by ZinK »

That plot sounds so insane, I love it. I'm glad they're having fun with franchise and trying new things.

Added in 1 minute 46 seconds:
I also think they tried weaponizing Shriekers in Tremors: The Series.
c a k e e v e r y n i g h t

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

What do they have against Australia?

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

As long as this species is based around the American one and not the African one, I'll be less disappointed.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Would love if they incorporated Mixmaster into the plot somehow.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

I hope they go back to the American Graboids for this film, or if they do use the Super Digger for the weaponized Graboid, have the classic ones come back to defeat them.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Tremors 6 will be out on January 30th 2018. The plot sounds pretty interesting and we're getting a new location Canada.

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/226144 ... next-year/

No news on the Tremors TV series with Kevin Bacon.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

I still don't understand why a Graboid would have venom... something so big shouldn't really need it. Unless it's yet another new species that's smaller and requires its prey to be incapacitated or something.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

PRIMEVAL wrote:I still don't understand why a Graboid would have venom... something so big shouldn't really need it. Unless it's yet another new species that's smaller and requires its prey to be incapacitated or something.
Eh, I just have a sinking feeling that the people that are now handling this franchise give precisely zero shits about it and have no respect for what came before.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

PRIMEVAL wrote:I still don't understand why a Graboid would have venom... something so big shouldn't really need it. Unless it's yet another new species that's smaller and requires its prey to be incapacitated or something.
Same reason Godzilla gains new powers throughout his franchise...? I'm not judging yet anyway. Especially with the "Weaponized Graboids" bit. Yeah, I do hope we see the classic ones again sometime, but I'd rather them make new versions with new abilities than decide "Hey, the Graboids you all know and love? Yeah, they're venomous now!" I don't see why everyone is thinking 5 (and now 6) is killing/disrespecting the franchise. Like, have ya'll even seen Tremors 3? Least the comedy in Tremors 5 was actually funny.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

What the hell is up with all this hate toward Tremors 5? It was, IMO, the best entry in the franchise since T2. Certainly no one in their right mind could think it's worse than T3 at the very least, right? And T4, while not terrible, just felt really blah to me in general. The African Graboids were great, too. Shriekers were fun and all, but they really didn't make much sense in the Graboid lifecycle, so it was nice for that species to just skip over them and go straight to the Assblasters.

I also don't see the problem with the T6 Graboids being venomous. Every single entry in the franchise has added something new. T2 gave us the Shriekers. T3 added the Assblasters. T4 added the Dirt Dragon larval stage. T5 introduced a new species with new abilities and a slightly different lifecycle. The TV series didn't add anything to the Graboids themselves but it still had Mixmaster.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

I don't know about worst, but Bloodlines is my least favorite. It just feels... uneven. It was overly eager to be both serious and funny and neither panned out.

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

MM Raids Again wrote:
Same reason Godzilla gains new powers throughout his franchise...? I'm not judging yet anyway. Especially with the "Weaponized Graboids" bit. Yeah, I do hope we see the classic ones again sometime, but I'd rather them make new versions with new abilities than decide "Hey, the Graboids you all know and love? Yeah, they're venomous now!" I don't see why everyone is thinking 5 (and now 6) is killing/disrespecting the franchise. Like, have ya'll even seen Tremors 3? Least the comedy in Tremors 5 was actually funny.
Because we all liked it when he ate tuna?

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

PRIMEVAL wrote:Because we all liked it when he ate tuna?
...What does that have to do with anything? Are you seriously suggesting that Graboids getting a new ability, which is something that has happened in literally every movie in the franchise after the first, is on par with G98's bastardization of Godzilla?
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

Inferno Rodan wrote:
...What does that have to do with anything? Are you seriously suggesting that Graboids getting a new ability, which is something that has happened in literally every movie in the franchise after the first, is on par with G98's bastardization of Godzilla?
I'm saying not all changes are a-okay. I think Venom (and weaponizing) are silly concepts. Sillier than what the original Tremors movies brought up.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

PRIMEVAL wrote:
Inferno Rodan wrote:
I'm saying not all changes are a-okay. I think Venom (and weaponizing) are silly concepts. Sillier than what the original Tremors movies brought up.
The sadly short-lived series had an episode where the government was training Shriekers for search and rescue. Pretty good episode. You also had the enigmatic Proudfoot Corporation whipping up all sorts've monsters. Nothing more off kilter than what's been offered in the past. I'd still love to see the original script for T5 involving the monstrosity maker, Mixmaster from the series realized down the road ,or even some bits of the series referenced to.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.