TREMORS Thread

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Re: TREMORS Thread

Post by Vakanai »

Zilla103192 wrote:
Vakanai wrote:I got the six pack, movie was hella fun, here's hoping for both a seventh in the series and that Kevin Bacon gets that series picked up eventually.
The Kevin Bacon series was cancelled.
Hence the eventually. Sometimes cancelled series get lucky, picked up at another time elsewhere.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

I feel like Netflix could pick it up. They seem to pick up anything, no matter how little interest there is for it.
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

The trailer for the scrapped tv series was just released. Looked okay... Not as great as I was hoping it would be...

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/trailers/9 ... ts-the-web

And they redesigned the Graboids even more then the movies did! And they look terrible. Kind of glad it got canned if this is what they were doing with it.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Looks a lot more interesting than any of the recent movies.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

For all we know that's some form of immature Graboid. I mean the regular Graboids appear everywhere else in the trailer. Remember the life cycle we know wouldn't exist in this continuity. It is way smaller than typical Graboids too.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

I wasn’t a fan of the trailer Tbh. Looked a bit to generic for my taste. That and the graboids now look like your typical Death Worm like the ones from King Kong 2005 or Primeval.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Yeah, not a fan of the design, but the series looked interesting. Val wasn't my favorite character in the original, but his relationship with others helped that movie. Hoping it gets picked up somewhere else.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

C'mon Netflix or Hulu I need this in my life.
why did i have to be the chosen one?

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:For all we know that's some form of immature Graboid. I mean the regular Graboids appear everywhere else in the trailer. Remember the life cycle we know wouldn't exist in this continuity. It is way smaller than typical Graboids too.
You could be right... But I still think they are just redesigning the Graboids. If they were using the classics, they wouldn't have any real reason to hide them. Plus the trailer didn't drop any "These aren't the same ones as before" line to show us they are meant to be different.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

The Graboids in the TV series trailer are G.I.N.O: Graboids in Name Only
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

In re: this trailer: I like it! I like it a lot! Anybody who doesn't let this TV series get on the air-and especially on home video-is either crazy or stupid to the point of being brain dead. So, come on someone-anyone!-and make it happen! Please!
Last edited by mikelcho on Sat May 12, 2018 4:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Seriously though the Graboid on the Welcome to Perfection sign uses the classic design as does all the newspaper articles they show in the trailer. I seriously doubt they'd do that and yet completely redesign the actual creature.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Seriously though the Graboid on the Welcome to Perfection sign uses the classic design as does all the newspaper articles they show in the trailer. I seriously doubt they'd do that and yet completely redesign the actual creature.
I was thinking that the one we see in the trailer is either a new Graboid form or maybe the Graboids evolved over the course of 28 years.
Last edited by KillCrites on Sun May 13, 2018 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
why did i have to be the chosen one?

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Like I said this is a whole new continuity so the Shriekers and Assblasters wouldn't exist. They can do whatever they want with the life cycle. I'm leaning on it being an immature form. It does seem a bit smaller than normal and has what appears to be several classic Graboid trademarks but in a rudimentary and underdeveloped form. Oh well I guess it doesn't matter anyway since it will never see the light of day.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Sun May 13, 2018 7:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Seriously though the Graboid on the Welcome to Perfection sign uses the classic design as does all the newspaper articles they show in the trailer. I seriously doubt they'd do that and yet completely redesign the actual creature.
The new movies do the same thing. The opening of 5 uses images of both the new and old Graboids even when the new ones weren't known about at the time in universe.

I still think if they were going to use the classic Graboids, they would of shown them. They show stock images of them in the beginning of the trailer, so there's no surprise behind it... Having new versions or stages of the Graboids would be a bigger reveal to keep a secret then the old designs.

I'm betting it would of been explained that the old Graboids are all dead, but these are new creatures that are similar but more dangerous, that are more then what Val is prepared for.
Last edited by Zilla103192 on Sun May 13, 2018 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

TyrantGojira wrote:I wasn’t a fan of the trailer Tbh. Looked a bit to generic for my taste. That and the graboids now look like your typical Death Worm like the ones from King Kong 2005 or Primeval.
I told my doctor to keep that private...

Trailer looked okay... would have preferred them to keep the continuity going, personally.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

OK so I just saw the possibility that the TV show trailer was unfinished and the Graboid was a generic "worm" model that they had that was inserted as a placeholder. My guess is they were making a trailer when the ball was dropped on the show.
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

Omegamorph
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegamorph »

according to Natali on twitter, the design difference was part of the storyline and an unfolding mystery

bets can be, it's a larval graboid (since the series was ignoring the sequel), it's a graboid parasite/competitor/whatever or something similar to those
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.
miguelnuva wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:47 pm With this being an Oscar for best visual effects you can also joke and say Godzilla really did win the oscar.

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Ordinarily, I'd be rolling my eyes. But it kind of seems like they're getting good (better, at least) again, so... keep at it, Bert.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!