Godzilla 2000 Manga Adaptation

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Godzilla 2000 Manga Adaptation

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

Hello everyone, GIGAN05 here with something to show.

As most of you may know a manga version of Godzilla 2000 was created. Recently I managed to find a copy after 7 years of hunting it down and in my opinion it is WAY better than the movie. I cannot read kanji to save my life but thanks to the movie and TK's overview of this manga I pretty much understand whats going on.

And so, I have uploaded photos onto my DA account for a friend. Enjoy them:
http://gigan05.deviantart.com/gallery/37451655

DISCLAIMER: I will NOT take photos of the manga in its entirety nor will I scan and translate the pages. These were only taken for a friend & anyone else who might be interested. I recomend going to Toho kingdoms comic book section to see their overview first before viewing these photos so that no one gets confused too much.

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Re: Godzilla 2000 Manga Adaptation

Post by kaijukurt »

This is great! Thanks a lot,man!!
Formerly known as kurtzilla

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

KaijuKurt Wrote:
This is great! Thanks a lot,man!!

Your welcome ^^. I am going to try and track down the Heisei Mangas.

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

I always found these manga for the heisei series fascinating and very entertaining, but after G2000, they stopped...WHY? :( I think this style of Manga for GMK or GFW would have been a wild, unforgettable ride...
GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

ebirahsmeg1 Wrote:
I always found these manga for the heisei series fascinating and very entertaining, but after G2000, they stopped...WHY? I think this style of Manga for GMK or GFW would have been a wild, unforgettable ride...

Such a shame :(, it would of been really interesting to see what they could of done with the likes GMK or GFW in this style of manga. For the manga we do have its great with all the twists they make to the battles ( like from what Ive seen in a photo somewhere on the net Godzilla rams a giant crystal into Spacegodzillas chest.)

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

GIGAN05 wrote:
Such a shame :(, it would of been really interesting to see what they could of done with the likes GMK or GFW in this style of manga. For the manga we do have its great with all the twists they make to the battles ( like from what Ive seen in a photo somewhere on the net Godzilla rams a giant crystal into Spacegodzillas chest.)
Agreed. I think GFW would have been particularly interesting in this style of manga. One of the biggest knocks against GFW was the short Monster time/battles...these manga were famous for fleshing out the film's main battles and just going straight up batshit crazy and throwing everything in but the kitchen sink...
GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

It's weird seeing all the characters turned into such cliches, but pretty cool otherwise. Interesting changes on Orga as well, although I think I prefer him with teeth and the cannon on the shoulder. I guess maybe it was done to make him more like the ship and Millennian, smooth and almost sorta metallic. His finale transformation was pretty spectacular.

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

ebirahsmeg1 Wrote:
Agreed. I think GFW would have been particularly interesting in this style of manga. One of the biggest knocks against GFW was the short Monster time/battles...these manga were famous for fleshing out the film's main battles and just going straight up batshit crazy and throwing everything in but the kitchen sink...

So true, that makes me want to try and find them even more.
HayesAJones Wrote:
It's weird seeing all the characters turned into such cliches, but pretty cool otherwise. Interesting changes on Orga as well, although I think I prefer him with teeth and the cannon on the shoulder. I guess maybe it was done to make him more like the ship and Millennian, smooth and almost sorta metallic. His finale transformation was pretty spectacular.
You know I actually find it funny that they got turned into cliched roles but it works. But dispite that this manga dove deeper then the movie did into the plot and fleshed out the alien back story a bit more. Its great to see how the ship got there in the first place. The final fight is stunning stuff and a more brutal then the film fight scene.

Blackout286
JXSDF Technician

Post by Blackout286 »

Well, Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah, and Godzilla vs. MechaGodzilla Heisei Manga are up on Ebay for sell. Along with Godzilla 2000 Manga and Gamera vs. Barugon Manga, so if you have the bucks, go for it.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid= ... a&_sacat=0

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

Blackout286 Wrote:
Well, Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah, and Godzilla vs. MechaGodzilla Heisei Manga are up on Ebay for sell. Along with Godzilla 2000 Manga and Gamera vs. Barugon Manga, so if you have the bucks, go for it.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid= ... a&_sacat=0

Sweet! Thanks for the heads up. Might pick one this Friday.

antovald20
Terminated
Terminated

Post by antovald20 »

If IDW has the right monsters, then they can bring the mangas over here.
"Continuity gotta love it. :D"- antovald20

EVERY KAIJU FAN SHOULD CHECK THIS OUT! HIT THE LINK BELOW!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxd7cleqz74

GODZILLA VS GAMERA! THE ULTIMATE BATTLE IS FINALLY HERE! CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO SEE
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iMOl-amah8w