IDW's GODZILLA General Discussion

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
Stevo_1985
JXSDF Technician

Re: IDW's GODZILLA General Discussion

Postby Stevo_1985 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:41 am

I've never been a comic book guy but I think I'm thinking to start with the rulers of earth series.. now for a casual reader such as myself do I pay the extra for hard copies or pay the $1.99 per digital copy on iBooks.. I've never been a fan of digital anything but.. it is cheaper and more convinent.

Sorry Kiryu
#Notmymechagodzilla

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:32 am

If it's easier for you, and you have a device you have no trouble reading on, I'd say just go with the digital versions.
Check out my YouTube channel CinemaGoji for all things kaiju!

Godzillian
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Godzillian » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:11 am

Stevo_1985 wrote:I've never been a comic book guy but I think I'm thinking to start with the rulers of earth series.. now for a casual reader such as myself do I pay the extra for hard copies or pay the $1.99 per digital copy on iBooks.. I've never been a fan of digital anything but.. it is cheaper and more convinent.

Or get the trades on Amazon

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:46 am

The trades are $20 for four-five issues and Volume 3 is strangely out of print it seems, so in all honesty it's much more efficient to just get the digital versions.

Mr. Yellow
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Mr. Yellow » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:42 am

Isn't Rulers of Earth completed in two collections? Number two is hard to find it seems.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:04 pm

Mr. Yellow wrote:Isn't Rulers of Earth completed in two collections? Number two is hard to find it seems.

No, there's six (?) TPBs that were released first. Then there was supposed to be two "complete" volumes of the whole series, but only #1 was released before IDW's license ran out.

Mr. Yellow
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Mr. Yellow » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:14 pm

Guess I'll remove this from my Amazon then...

https://www.amazon.com/Godzilla-Complet ... s+of+earth
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

Zarm
EDF Soldier

Postby Zarm » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:29 pm

Based on grabbing the #4 TPB (the first third of the never-was complete vol. 2), it certainly doesn't seem as... strong as the first half. So we may not be missing much. (Then again, I haven't seen #5 or #6 yet...)
The Zone Fighter campaign is funded and complete, with translations in progress! PM me if you want to be part of the Facebook updates group.

Maranatha!

KaijuDuke
Interpol Agent

Postby KaijuDuke » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:49 am

If IDW has lost the licensing rights to the Godzilla comics, I guess that means there won't be a trade paperback book for Godzilla: Rage Across Time?

G1985
G-Grasper

Postby G1985 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:55 am

KaijuDuke wrote:If IDW has lost the licensing rights to the Godzilla comics, I guess that means there won't be a trade paperback book for Godzilla: Rage Across Time?

I thought that came out in November 2016?
IDW listing for Rage Across Time TPB

Mr. Yellow
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Mr. Yellow » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:57 am

Just like the second volume of RoE, I don't think that made it to print before the license ran out.

Godzillian
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Godzillian » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:03 am

Mr. Yellow wrote:Just like the second volume of RoE, I don't think that made it to print before the license ran out.

It was printed I have a copy of the trade myself, I think it just was printed in limited numbers before the hiatus of Godzilla prints from IDW

Mr. Yellow
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Mr. Yellow » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:04 am

Damn, I couldn't even find a placeholder listing on Amazon.

Godzillian
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Godzillian » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:41 am

Mr. Yellow wrote:Damn, I couldn't even find a placeholder listing on Amazon.

I was gonna order it then it was taken down so I quickly ordered a cheap copy through someone selling it via amazon

G1985
G-Grasper

Postby G1985 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:53 am

Mr. Yellow wrote:Damn, I couldn't even find a placeholder listing on Amazon.

How hard are you looking? There are two copies on eBay right now, with a Buy-It-Now price of $23 and free shipping:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Godzilla-Rage-A ... 2068511159

Mr. Yellow
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Mr. Yellow » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:23 am

I said Amazon, not eBay.

Kaijusamurai
Samurai

Postby Kaijusamurai » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:38 pm

Hey everybody!
Matt here. I know it's been a hot minute, but as some of you may have heard, the Rulers of Earth Facebook page was recently, unceremoniously deleted. I don't know who did this or why, but I was definitely not consulted and it feels really cold considering that there was years of content and lots of nice memories on that page.
Ergo, I remade it. I'm in the process of rebuilding the archives as well, not to mention reposting old interviews and even doing fan art Fridays and Throwback thursdays.
Godzilla may not be at IDW anymore (as far as I know), but if you wanna revisit old memories and stay tuned for new info regarding the book's Japanese release (and maybe even future releases???) go give us a like and a share.
Thanks everyone!
Http://www.facebook.com/rulersofearth

LegendZilla
E.S.P.Spy

Postby LegendZilla » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:23 pm

^I’m surprised to see that you were a part of these forums all along.
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

Kaijusamurai
Samurai

Postby Kaijusamurai » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:56 am

I've been around for a while :)

The One and Only
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby The One and Only » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:24 am

Kaijusamurai wrote:I've been around for a while :)

Like Satan ?!? :shock:
"A wraith man ! A ghost ! A evil spirit-and it ain't cool !"

Return to “Toho Comics, Books, Posters, Misc”