IDW's GODZILLA General Discussion

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
CyberZilla
Interpol Agent

Re: IDW's GODZILLA General Discussion

Postby CyberZilla » Sat May 27, 2017 10:19 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:
CyberZilla wrote:So, any new updates on another IDW Godzilla comic series yet?

If there was, the last post in this thread wouldn't be a month old.

Honestly, ya never know. Had to check.
Praise Gabara.
:xilien: :g2k: Image Resized ImageResized ImageResized ImageResized ImageResized ImageResized ImageResized Image
Resized Image
I see now that the circumstances of one’s birth is irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

Godzillian
Kwaidan

Postby Godzillian » Sun May 28, 2017 8:02 am

It seems like a lot of the collected trades of the comics are going out of print. Get them now while you can!

Mr. Yellow
Interpol Agent

Postby Mr. Yellow » Sun May 28, 2017 11:02 am

I wish there was an omnibus of IDW's entire run. I would buy that in a heartbeat.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Lain Of The Wired » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:09 pm

Say, I have this "SDCC Exclusive Cover" Godzilla: Gangsters & Goliaths comic, is that worth anything ?
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Komenja
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Komenja » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:42 pm

Lain Of The Wired wrote:Say, I have this "SDCC Exclusive Cover" Godzilla: Gangsters & Goliaths comic, is that worth anything?

This one? Not really, I've found people selling it for around 2-3 dollars.

I wish there was an omnibus of IDW's entire run. I would buy that in a heartbeat.[

Woof. That'd be a biiiig book.
I was just thinking that the only thing missing right about now was a giant crocodile...
Resized Image

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Lain Of The Wired » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:58 pm

Yeah that one :lol:

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:40 pm

Lain Of The Wired wrote:Say, I have this "SDCC Exclusive Cover" Godzilla: Gangsters & Goliaths comic, is that worth anything ?

Sell it for $50, im sure some sad sap will buy that.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

Jason
Yojimbo

Postby Jason » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:58 pm

Here's an idea if they ever want to renew their license and get one for Peter, Paul, and Mary cartoons since there were a couple about Puff the Magic Dragon. They could do a Godzilla versus Puff the Magic Dragon battle to the death where Godzilla wins and proves the lyrics about the lifespan of dragons wrong.
God bless you, Jason Scott Irelan

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:39 pm

Let's ignore that idiotic statement above and instead turn our attention to the likely cause of IDW not having any Godzilla comics in recent months:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/06/26 ... 0-million/

Knowing Toho, it was probably just too much to keep the license. Heaven knows they've already got their hands full with Hasbro properties, TMNT, Star Trek and others.

mikelcho
Interpol Agent

Postby mikelcho » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:30 pm

Jason wrote:Here's an idea if they ever want to renew their license and get one for Peter, Paul, and Mary cartoons since there were a couple about Puff the Magic Dragon. They could do a Godzilla versus Puff the Magic Dragon battle to the death where Godzilla wins and proves the lyrics about the lifespan of dragons wrong.
God bless you, Jason Scott Irelan
Actually, there were three Puff cartoon TV specials: Puff the Magic Dragon (1978), Puff the Magic Dragon in the Land of the Living Lies (1979) and Puff and the Incredible Mr. Nobody (1982). Burgess Meredith was the voice of Puff in all three of them.
Last edited by mikelcho on Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Zarm » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:54 pm

Maybe someone in the know can clue me in - I really enjoyed the first several volumes of Godzilla: Rulers of Earth, and wanted to get the remainder my library didn't have. I was considering purchasing them in graphic novel form with the 'Complete Godzilla Rulers of Earth' omnibuses. Right now, omnibus #2 is showing up as unavailable on all sites. Was it released and is now rare? Never released? Cancelled? Yet-to-be-released? Anyone know? (This may well be well-known lore within the comics community here, I'm just a neophyte in that regard.)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:

Winner of the last-ever(?) TK Fantasy Match tournament.

#ProLife

The Zone Fighter campaign is funded and complete, with translations in progress! PM me if you want to be part of the Facebook updates group.

Maranatha!

Godzillian
Kwaidan

Postby Godzillian » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:55 pm

Zarm wrote:Maybe someone in the know can clue me in - I really enjoyed the first several volumes of Godzilla: Rulers of Earth, and wanted to get the remainder my library didn't have. I was considering purchasing them in graphic novel form with the 'Complete Godzilla Rulers of Earth' omnibuses. Right now, omnibus #2 is showing up as unavailable on all sites. Was it released and is now rare? Never released? Cancelled? Yet-to-be-released? Anyone know? (This may well be well-known lore within the comics community here, I'm just a neophyte in that regard.)

Cancelled essentially. IDW is slowly phasing all it's Godzilla collections out of print. Rage Across Time got a very limited release

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Zarm » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:33 pm

Godzillian wrote:
Zarm wrote:Maybe someone in the know can clue me in - I really enjoyed the first several volumes of Godzilla: Rulers of Earth, and wanted to get the remainder my library didn't have. I was considering purchasing them in graphic novel form with the 'Complete Godzilla Rulers of Earth' omnibuses. Right now, omnibus #2 is showing up as unavailable on all sites. Was it released and is now rare? Never released? Cancelled? Yet-to-be-released? Anyone know? (This may well be well-known lore within the comics community here, I'm just a neophyte in that regard.)

Cancelled essentially. IDW is slowly phasing all it's Godzilla collections out of print. Rage Across Time got a very limited release

Dang it. Why do I always pick the wrong collections to become a fan of?

Thank you!
Last edited by Zarm on Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:

Winner of the last-ever(?) TK Fantasy Match tournament.

#ProLife

The Zone Fighter campaign is funded and complete, with translations in progress! PM me if you want to be part of the Facebook updates group.

Maranatha!

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:37 pm

The regular volume TPBs are still available for fair prices. If you have Complete ROE Volume 1, you'd wanna get ROE Volumes 4-6.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Lain Of The Wired » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:47 pm

Out of print, huh? Guess that means my IDW comics might be worth some dough some day?

Godzillian
Kwaidan

Postby Godzillian » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:50 pm

Lain Of The Wired wrote:Out of print, huh? Guess that means my IDW comics might be worth some dough some day?

Not really considering the Marvel and Dark Horse Godzilla comics haven't been worth much since they went out of print

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Lain Of The Wired » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:00 pm

Godzillian wrote:
Lain Of The Wired wrote:Out of print, huh? Guess that means my IDW comics might be worth some dough some day?

Not really considering the Marvel and Dark Horse Godzilla comics haven't been worth much since they went out of print

Aw, oh well, into the fire they go then :lol:

Gojira18
G-Grasper

Postby Gojira18 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:42 am

What Godzilla roar do you picture IDW Godzilla has? I personally say Millenium.

Saansilt
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Saansilt » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:15 am

I mean these stories are available digitally as well and a number of them weren't good so it really goes to how much the market values Godzilla. Comics market won't care too much for these.

Kinda miffed we ended with Oblivion. I mean Rage across Time would have been a better send off. Not Kingdom's somehow lesser sibling.
Gawdziller wrote:I fully endorse this comment.

Chris55 wrote:Anyone else hear Groundskeeper Willie when they read that?

My One Shot, "That Which was Before":
http://tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=22367

GODZILLA LIKE YOU'VE NEVER SEEN HIM BEFORE!
http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=25688

LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:20 am

Saansilt wrote:I mean these stories are available digitally as well and a number of them weren't good so it really goes to how much the market values Godzilla. Comics market won't care too much for these.

Kinda miffed we ended with Oblivion. I mean Rage across Time would have been a better send off. Not Kingdom's somehow lesser sibling.

We ended on Rage Against Time, and ending wasn't based on critical reception, rather the rights ran out I believe.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Return to “Toho Comics, Books, Posters, Misc”