Hobby Japan Godzilla Perfection/Completion Books thread

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
ebirahsmeg1
G-Grasper

Re: "Heisei Godzilla Perfection" book coming soon (Feb 10)

Postby ebirahsmeg1 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:21 am

Sorry folks, I've had this book since this 18th, but no time to look at it thoroughly or post a review until now.

Overall,.this isn't a bad book, but is far more text heavy that the Heisei/Champion Matsuri Perfection once you get past page 64. There were some nice, intriguing stills here & there, but as I've brought up before, the Heisei series has been one of the most covered film series books-wise (and figure-wise), so there really wasn't much in the way of riveting "Wow! I never saw/knew that before!" stills or info to get one's blood pumping. Unless you are a diehard GvsBiollante fan (a film that, while I do indeed like it, is quickly starting to grow into one of the series' most overrated films...especially amongst Japanese Godzilla fandom which laughably ranked this as the best film of the entire Godzilla series) or an avid G book collector such as myself, then definitely give it a go...otherwise, more novice book collectors might want to take a pass or just stick with Heisei Perfection book instead.

I posted a few of the more interesting stills, such as:

A concept drawing for Deutalios:

An interesting Super X 2 concept that more closely resembles the Super X-1 in shape:

And for the fans who seem to have a thing for Megumi Odaka (personally, I never understood the fascination over her....far more attractive women throughout all eras of the series than her), there is a retrospect interview with her towards the end of the book and, not to be mean, but....um....let's just say that time hasn't been all that kind to her and just leave it at that. :freak:
GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

B34sT
Yin-Yang Master

Postby B34sT » Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:02 am

Wow it's pretty cool to see that Duetalios was actually a mix of rat and angler fish. Would definitely have been strange to see Godzilla eating that.

Zeruel
Samurai

Re: Hobby Japan Godzilla Perfection/Completion Books thread

Postby Zeruel » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:41 pm

I never new of this until today, but there's another book in the Completion line - "Godzilla x Mechagodzilla Completion," covering both "Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla" and "Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S."

http://hobbyjapan.co.jp/books/book/b253421.html

EDIT: Just noticed that is was briefly mentioned in this thread (viewtopic.php?f=28&t=21814&start=40), but not in the context as being the 2nd book of the Completion series.
<-- Asmodeus (Shin Megami Tensei IV) - designed by Yasushi Nirasawa - Gigan (Godzilla: Final Wars) -->

Rody
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Rody » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:57 am

ebirahsmeg1 wrote:And for the fans who seem to have a thing for Megumi Odaka (personally, I never understood the fascination over her....far more attractive women throughout all eras of the series than her), there is a retrospect interview with her towards the end of the book and, not to be mean, but....um....let's just say that time hasn't been all that kind to her and just leave it at that.

She still looks pretty to me. :shrug:

Since the Gamera Heisei Perfection Book doesn't seem to have its own thread, I'll just share this here: HobbyLink Japan has it on sale for 2,750 yen ($23.96). If you don't have this book yet, grab it now!

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Postby GigaBowserG » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:22 am

Rody wrote:Since the Gamera Heisei Perfection Book doesn't seem to have its own thread, I'll just share this here: HobbyLink Japan has it on sale for 2,750 yen ($23.96). If you don't have this book yet, grab it now!

Thank you! I've been keeping an eye on that elsewhere, but was going to wait till next paycheck before ordering.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada

/crawls back under rock

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:20 am

Dang that Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla and SOS completion book looks amazing!
The world is very sexy, it's part of my collapse.

"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Zeruel
Samurai

Postby Zeruel » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:35 pm

The next volume appears to be coming out on December 9, focusing on "Godzilla vs. Destoroyah."

http://wave.ap.teacup.com/hazawagumi/2761.html
<-- Asmodeus (Shin Megami Tensei IV) - designed by Yasushi Nirasawa - Gigan (Godzilla: Final Wars) -->

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Postby GigaBowserG » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:29 pm

Zeruel wrote:The next volume appears to be coming out on December 9, focusing on "Godzilla vs. Destoroyah."

http://wave.ap.teacup.com/hazawagumi/2761.html

Thank you for linking! This one should be a really interesting entry.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada

/crawls back under rock

Return to “Toho Comics, Books, Posters, Misc”