Godzilla Couple (NSFW/Content Warning)

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Godzilla Couple (NSFW/Content Warning)

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Hello, I have cut apart, scanned and translated Godzilla Couple by Shinzo Keigo! This was in the same compilation of Savior Tooth, a Godzilla comic I uploaded a week ago.

The story is about two people, having sex while Godzilla is attacking! While not graphic, it is sexual, but not enough to be considered hentai. I also think it's historically significant, as this is the most sexual Godzilla has ever gotten officially, and it's promoting G14. I think it covers one of the few mundane aspects of life a lot of Godzilla media doesn't. I like the juxtaposition between what the couple is doing and what is going on with Godzilla.

You can read it on my tumblr or pm me for a link!. Again, a friendly reminder that there are sexual elements in the story and some partial nudity, and unlike the panel, I did not censor it.

You can learn about the author more here!:
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/真造圭伍

Curious what you all think!
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Re: Godzilla Couple (NSFW/Content Warning)

Post by G2000 »

Mixed feelings. On the one hand, I do get the idea that it was, in part, meant to convey that kaiju attacks have become so routine in this world that some people might weather them like they might weather a hurricane; and like in real life areas besieged by war and natural disasters life ultimately does go on, including romance. I wouldn't necessarily call it anything remarkable, but at the same time I really didn't hate it, all things considered. Fun little comic.

I will admit that the wordplay got me, what with the juxtaposition of the military and the couple ("who has entered?" "pull out!" etc.) -- given your backgroud I assume those were intentional in the original comic and you worked to make sure it translated well enough into English. Good job on that part!
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

G2000 wrote:I will admit that the wordplay got me, what with the juxtaposition of the military and the couple ("who has entered?" "pull out!" etc.) -- given your backgroud I assume those were intentional in the original comic and you worked to make sure it translated well enough into English. Good job on that part!
Thanks! That was intentional! A lot of the story has wordplay , in japanese, that serves as a double entendre. Pull out and retreat for example, like you noted.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

Hmmm.... I'm quite sure how to feel about this...

I'll be honest, I'm no prude and one of my good friends has a webcomic about monsters that features NSFW content. But seeing something like this with an established franchise that is Godzilla feels... somewhat off I guess? I don't really hate it but it's just strange for me is all. :|

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Dracosaurian wrote:Hmmm.... I'm quite sure how to feel about this...

I'll be honest, I'm no prude and one of my good friends has a webcomic about monsters that features NSFW content. But seeing something like this with an established franchise that is Godzilla feels... somewhat off I guess? I don't really hate it but it's just strange for me is all. :|
I felt the same way, at first. There's actual a few other stories with sexuality in them, in the 1990's Godzilla Comic.

It seems like with these releases, Toho prioritizes differing genres. Right after this story, there's a cute and wholesome one about a girl who finds a strange mothra egg and raises it, before it leaves her to go fight Godzilla. There's also one about a man, who post GTTHM goes to visit Infant Island and joins to natives, it might also "explain" why Mothra isn't in IAOTAM. A lot of the more recent ones are done by already famous mangaka's and ones that are just starting out, so it's also interesting learning about new artists.

I think these stories all work as a great companion to the film series.

I'll start working on the next one soon. Kind of a do'h moment, but I realized how to easily stitch together two pages, making widespread easier to read. All of this is a process that I'm self teaching and I'm getting better and better. I'm thinking about buying a light box as well, but we shall see.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Dracosaurian wrote:Hmmm.... I'm quite sure how to feel about this...

I felt the same way, at first. There's actual a few other stories with sexuality in them, in the 1990's Godzilla Comic.

It seems like with these releases, Toho prioritizes differing genres. Right after this story, there's a cute and wholesome one about a girl who finds a strange mothra egg and raises it, before it leaves her to go fight Godzilla. There's also one about a man, who post GTTHM goes to visit Infant Island and joins to natives, it might also "explain" why Mothra isn't in IAOTAM. A lot of the more recent ones are done by already famous mangaka's and ones that are just starting out, so it's also interesting learning about new artists.

I think these stories all work as a great companion to the film series.

I'll start working on the next one soon. Kind of a do'h moment, but I realized how to easily stitch together two pages, making widespread easier to read. All of this is a process that I'm self teaching and I'm getting better and better. I'm thinking about buying a light box as well, but we shall see.

Hmmm. After some thought, I guess I can be somewhat okay with this so long as it's contained to a comic format like this. Like I said, I'm no puritan but I wouldn't want to see something like this in a film. There are certain lines that shouldn't be crossed imo.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Aw I came here for some hot Legendary Godzilla and Mothra art!
I can understand it feeling off for people but I get the notion of the contrast. I mean the most kissing we saw in Godzilla movies for a long time was Gleen kissing Ms. Namikawa in Astro Monsters. I feel like it'd feel weird to me if they did this with an Ultra...But I found myself typing this...Alan Moore loved doing this with his comics. Dan and Laura on the couch while Ozzy performs gymnastics on tv anyone?
*Color timer starts going off*
Boyfriend: Uh-oh it's getting near the end!
*Ultra keeps fighting monster/alien/alien-kaiju.*
Girlfriend: Can't you hold out?
*Enemy puts its hands around Ultra's head and tries to crush his head*
Boyfriend: You're putting pressure on me!
Girlfriend: Sorry it's just that it's been a hard week.
*Ultra breaks free and fires Spacium Ray*
Boyfriend: Here it comes!
*Enemy monster explodes*
Civilian: He did it!
Girlfriend: *Sigh* You did it.
Boyfriend: Sorry 0_0;
*Ultra flies off*
Girlfriend: I wish you could hold out longer.
Boyfriend: Sorry sorry! We'll try again later...oh hey the monster is gone!
Girlfriend: Yeah I'll say.