Monster Discussion: Bagorah

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Monster Discussion: Bagorah

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

https://www.tohokingdom.com/comics/cret/bagorah.htm

Definitely one of my favorites out of the Dark Horse lineup. Pretty cool design, and it’s nice to see a bat-themed kaiju.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Re: Monster Discussion: Bagorah

Post by mikelcho »

And this was years before the Giant Bat first appeared in Godzilla: The Series in "Monster War" and "S.C.A.L.E.".

Although I seem to remember Pestar from an episode of Ultraman had the face of a bat, just not the body. Hmmmmm...
Last edited by mikelcho on Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I always thought Bagorah was a cool monster. What's not enteraining about a giant red space bat with sonic waves?

Also, i can't help but feel the Giant Bat form GTAS was based on him.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Gigantis wrote:I always thought Bagorah was a cool monster. What's not enteraining about a giant red space bat with sonic waves?

Also, i can't help but feel the Giant Bat form GTAS was based on him.
That's possible, I suppose.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Love him. As much as I also love Cybersaur, I'm really glad the typical "he's a bat so he must hate supersonic waves!" strategy totally failed to do much of anything.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

I love his design. It's simple but it works. Also enjoy just the concept, that he arrived from space to feed. It's something you don't really see often in the genre, outside of the Showa era Gyaos.

For my money, him and Gekido-Jin are the most memorable of the Dark Horse stable of characters. If I was to pick one monster to adapt to other mediums from their run, it would probably be this lovable space demon bat.
If it bites... don't mess with it!