Translated: Godzilla vs. Destoroyah Red Manga

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Translated: Godzilla vs. Destoroyah Red Manga

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Hey! I finished translating an old Godzilla vs. Destoroyah Manga. I did this all by myself, and while I think there's ways I can improve it, for my first translation I'm really happy. I recently took a translation course provided by the Japanese gov, and it was interesting putting it all into practice. I have no problem answering questions, or providing explanations for why I translated certain things certain ways, so long as it isn't nitpicking from someone that has zero knowledge of Japanese.

In the future, so long as someone provides me with high quality scans, I would be more than happy to do more. Anyways:
Spoiler:
It might also be easier to look at the manga on my personal tumblr here:
Part 1:
https://lsdjellyfishu.tumblr.com/post/1 ... translated
Part 2:
https://lsdjellyfishu.tumblr.com/post/1 ... odzilla-vs
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Ryu
Samurai

Re: Translated: Godzilla vs. Destoroyah Red Manga

Post by Ryu »

Thank you, LSD Jellyfish. Now if you could find someone who could translate godzilla monster territory webcomic ...
Computer geeks ....we’re not so easy to kill.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Ryu wrote:Thank you, LSD Jellyfish. Now if you could find someone who could translate godzilla monster territory webcomic ...
If it's official I don't mind doing it ASAP. If not, maybe in the future. Official things take priority to me.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Ryu
Samurai

Post by Ryu »

Well the problem is, webcomic is fan-made. But let it be, LSD Jellyfish. You have already translated and editing manga is enough.
Computer geeks ....we’re not so easy to kill.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

That’s really neat. Thanks for sharing!

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Neat seeing the chest beam used, along with Godzilla's tail and plates getting blown off. Still, very beam warsy even in the comic. Certainly a bit sadder since Jr. doesn't take up the mantle.