New Company For Godzilla Comics

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
ROMG4
G-Grasper

New Company For Godzilla Comics

Post by ROMG4 »

So since IDW's license expired we've been without a Godzilla comic since 2016 with the prequel novel Godzilla Aftershocks being the only new comic since

Thus who would you want to make new comics? Honestly I don't mind Legendary comics, Godzilla Awakening was a mess especially with it's artwork but Aftershocks wasn't bad at all. It just had issues with pacing, transitions and completely out of nowhere Godzilla appearances. I think put in charge of a proper series they could do a much better job

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

UltramanGoji

Re: New Company For Godzilla Comics

Post by UltramanGoji »

IDW still has the license.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

UltramanGoji wrote:IDW still has the license.
Seems to be only one that allows them to resell their old products, like how Marvel re-released their Godzilla run compilation

Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

ROMG4 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:IDW still has the license.
Seems to be only one that allows them to resell their old products, like how Marvel re-released their Godzilla run compilation
I’m pretty sure that just comes with the license. For example, Sony can sell G98 without approval from Toho.
GO GO GOJI KUN

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

DC, if only because then Godzilla's been with ALL the major companies.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

MM Raids Again wrote:DC, if only because then Godzilla's been with ALL the major companies.
DC makes Gigan rips his head off

Noooooooo
Last edited by ROMG4 on Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I always found it weird that Marvel ended up with Godzilla briefly. Godzilla as a whole is much more of a DC comics vibe.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

I still think IDW plans to do something, but Marvel or BOOM! Studios would be interesting.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Making the title look like a statement of fact got me all excited for a second, there...
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

1:Back to Marvel ( so we could see what a modern version of Marvel Godzilla could be like, also a second bout against the avengers)

2:DC (so we can see him face off against Superman and can see what a DC Godzilla would be like)

3: just stay at IDW (cause the make the best stuff)

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

DC would be a logical choice considering Legendary's current partnership with WB.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

At the moment all roads lead to BOOM ! for me. They've done some excellent work with the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers the last few years. So they seem a natural. I'd still like IDW to continue carry the radioactive baton. They've done some great work with the property, with a hiccup here and there. But nonetheless the fans have been happy.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Post by The Octopus »

Man I would love to see Godzilla back at Marvel. To fight Yetrigar, Red Ronin and Dr Demonicus again. Plus Dum Dum Dugan, Gabe Jones, and Rob Tamaguchi.

I grew up with that series. That was what got me into Godzilla back in the late 70s. Ironically I was exposed to Godzilla via the comics before I knew any of the movies existed.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I'd love it to stay with IDW if only Toho would relax on their unofficial "no crossovers" rule. I wanna see Godzilla fight Trypticon dammit!
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

The One and Only wrote:At the moment all roads lead to BOOM ! for me. They've done some excellent work with the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers the last few years. So they seem a natural. I'd still like IDW to continue carry the radioactive baton. They've done some great work with the property, with a hiccup here and there. But nonetheless the fans have been happy.
Yes, I could easily see BOOM Comics doing well with the license. It helps that the publisher is not afraid to license existing properties like IDW.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

JesstrK
G-Force Personnel

Post by JesstrK »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:I'd love it to stay with IDW if only Toho would relax on their unofficial "no crossovers" rule. I wanna see Godzilla fight Trypticon dammit!
I'm not sure what's got them so worried. The one time we did get a real crossover (Godzilla vs. Avengers and FF) Marvel did pretty well to respect Godzilla's power and have him not lose.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Any crossovers between Godzilla and Transformers will always be a biggggg no from me dog. Not trying to bash Transformers, I just don’t think the two are remotely compatible being what they represent.

Anyways, I have a strange feeling Godzilla comics, or at the least manga will pop up sometime again in the future. Remember that’s toho wants to expand the IP, and the anime got two nice books.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Any crossovers between Godzilla and Transformers will always be a biggggg no from me dog. Not trying to bash Transformers, I just don’t think the two are remotely compatible being what they represent.

Anyways, I have a strange feeling Godzilla comics, or at the least manga will pop up sometime again in the future. Remember that’s toho wants to expand the IP, and the anime got two nice books.
I would still love to see Star Trek crossover with them. Or have it be part of their Zombies series..
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

My Corns Hurt
Ronin

Post by My Corns Hurt »

Ivo-goji wrote:DC would be a logical choice considering Legendary's current partnership with WB.

Agreed, and then there's like a 1/1,000,001 chance that we finally get Batman Vs. Godzilla! :lol:

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:Any crossovers between Godzilla and Transformers will always be a biggggg no from me dog. Not trying to bash Transformers, I just don’t think the two are remotely compatible being what they represent.

I would still love to see Star Trek crossover with them. Or have it be part of their Zombies series..
As a big Trekkie and Godzilla fan, I absolutely believe the showa era and TOS would absolutely be compatible. I’m 100% for, and always will maintain, an easy comic about the enterprise meeting the Xilliens would be so damn great.

Have the Enterprise try to make peace and meet the people of Planet X. Cut to them summoning Ghidorah, who fights the Enterprise. Enterprise Crash Lands on Planet X where Kirk and Spock meet the Controller. Kirk and Spock, meet one of the Xillien females who asks for refuge and develops a romance with Kirk (similar to Miss Namikawa and Glenn). It doesn’t work out, and similarly in IOTAM she is killed.

Scotty, somehow, beams Godzilla to Planet X(hey why not!) and the climax is Godzilla and the Enterprise versus Ghidorah, Gigan and some Xillien ships.

And for the love of god, tell me Kirk and Glenn don’t look kinda similar:

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.