Godzilla: Monster Apocalypse Novels

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
Omegazilla
Yin-Yang Master

Godzilla: Monster Apocalypse Novels

Postby Omegazilla » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:59 pm

I haven't gotten my hands on these two novels just yet but they seem interesting. To those that have read or owned it, are they any good? I read Godzilla actually fights Mothra in one of them and that supposedly it ends
Spoiler:
in a draw.
Is this true? That was a fight I was hoping would be in the actual films but it never delivered.

LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan

Re: Godzilla: Monster Apocalypse Novels

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:30 pm

Omegazilla wrote:I haven't gotten my hands on these two novels just yet but they seem interesting. To those that have read or owned it, are they any good? I read Godzilla actually fights Mothra in one of them and that supposedly it ends
Spoiler:
in a draw.
Is this true? That was a fight I was hoping would be in the actual films but it never delivered.

Yeah I think so.

The novels are written in an interesting way; more of reports about specific events and monster attacks, loosely following a few characters. A lot of people have contributed to translating portions of the novels, or at least deciphering events. I`ve tried translating parts of both novels, and actually got a pages, but a lot of it is surprsingly philosophical and hard to translate with my level of Japanese.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

Return to “Toho Comics, Books, Posters, Misc”