Non-Godzilla Kaiju comics

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
Mr. Yellow
Interpol Agent

Non-Godzilla Kaiju comics

Postby Mr. Yellow » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:09 am

Gamera, Kong, Gorgo, Konga, Reptilicus, etc. these are the ones I know of, but is there a definitive list anywhere of these?

I’ve tried my best, but it still seems very confusing,

The individual issues if Gorgo and Konga are expensive, but looks like IDW tried releasing some of them under a Steve Ditko banner. Two hardcover collections, and then another release coming out this week. I’d love these, and with all due respect to Steve Ditko I haven’t purchased them because they ONLY include his issues. I’m guessing they didn’t think a comprehensive release would work.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

kingkevzilla88
Interpol Agent

Re: Non-Godzilla Kaiju comics

Postby kingkevzilla88 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:31 am

I have the Gorgo book, it's one of the best of reprinted work in terms of older comics. Hell it's a miracle that could be reprinted at all. The people who ran Charlton comics would throw the original artwork on the floor to be used as door mats!

I've been planning on getting the Steve Ditko Konga book for a while now.

Mr. Yellow
Interpol Agent

Re: Non-Godzilla Kaiju comics

Postby Mr. Yellow » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:15 am

Yeah, I’m sure the books area fantastic, I just can’t buy them because they only show Ditko’s work.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

Return to “Toho Comics, Books, Posters, Misc”