Is Godzilla: Cataclysm Good?

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
Dr. Professor
Futurian

Is Godzilla: Cataclysm Good?

Post by Dr. Professor »

Inspired by the thread about Half Century War. I'd just like to know if Godzilla: Cataclysm is any good and if it's worth buying, since I've never seen anyone talk about it before. Even though it's been out for a long time, please don't spoil it for me, unless the general consensus is that it's not that good. Thanks.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

Master-Spiff
Samurai

Re: Is Godzilla: Cataclysm Good?

Post by Master-Spiff »

I think it's worth having for the artwork alone, which is fantastic. The story itself isn't *bad*, but I think it could've used a bit more work. Overall, compared to Half-Century War it's a pretty quick read.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

It's pretty good honestly, I love how they used each individual kaiju as a god for humanity. Goes by too fast though.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

I love the premise for Cataclysm. Setting the monsters in a post apocalyptic world that they caused opens up all kinds of doors.

The overall series is good, but I felt like it was incomplete. It either needed to be extended by an issue or two to expand on its plotlines and character development, or it needed to be a one off issue, stripped down to its bare essentials to show off the broken world.

But its still an enjoyable read. And as per usual with the more recent IDW outings for Godzilla, the artwork is stellar.
Last edited by GojiDog on Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.