Is Godzilla: Cataclysm Good?

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
Dr. Professor
EDF Soldier

Is Godzilla: Cataclysm Good?

Postby Dr. Professor » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:49 pm

Inspired by the thread about Half Century War. I'd just like to know if Godzilla: Cataclysm is any good and if it's worth buying, since I've never seen anyone talk about it before. Even though it's been out for a long time, please don't spoil it for me, unless the general consensus is that it's not that good. Thanks.
goji89 wrote: :shock: ...Sweet Yeet

Resized Image

Master-Spiff
Yojimbo

Re: Is Godzilla: Cataclysm Good?

Postby Master-Spiff » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:03 pm

I think it's worth having for the artwork alone, which is fantastic. The story itself isn't *bad*, but I think it could've used a bit more work. Overall, compared to Half-Century War it's a pretty quick read.

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:01 pm

It's pretty good honestly, I love how they used each individual kaiju as a god for humanity. Goes by too fast though.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

GojiDog
Interpol Agent

Postby GojiDog » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:30 am

I love the premise for Cataclysm. Setting the monsters in a post apocalyptic world that they caused opens up all kinds of doors.

The overall series is good, but I felt like it was incomplete. It either needed to be extended by an issue or two to expand on its plotlines and character development, or it needed to be a one off issue, stripped down to its bare essentials to show off the broken world.

But its still an enjoyable read. And as per usual with the more recent IDW outings for Godzilla, the artwork is stellar.
Last edited by GojiDog on Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Toho Comics, Books, Posters, Misc”