The Godzilla Comic & The Godzilla Comic Raids Again: Gigantis the Fire Comic-possible English-language versions?

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
mikelcho
Yin-Yang Master

The Godzilla Comic & The Godzilla Comic Raids Again: Gigantis the Fire Comic-possible English-language versions?

Postby mikelcho » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:43 pm

I've read the Wikipedia article "Godzilla (comics)" many times and saw that it mentioned two Japanese anthology comics named The Godzilla Comic (1990) and The Godzilla Comic Raids Again: Gigantis the Fire Comic (1991) that looked like they were right up my alley. My question is: do they come in only Japanese-language versions only, or are there English-language versions available in Japan for those people who live there and speak English but not Japanese? I guess English is considered the semi-official second language over there and just wondered if whoever published the two mangas would've done that to cater to those customers as well. I'm saying this because, if they do exist and since I'll probably never get to go to Japan anytime soon, I'd like to know how to get these two magazines in English-language versions for a reasonable price. Can anyone help me with this problem here?
Last edited by mikelcho on Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:59 am, edited 5 times in total.

G1985
G-Grasper

Re: The Godzilla Comic & The Godzilla Comic Strikes Back: Gigantes the Fire Comic-possible English-language versions?

Postby G1985 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:32 pm

Gigantis The Fire Comic was published about twenty-five years ago, and I've never run across an English translation. You'd have to look at websites like Mandrake and eBay to find a copy of the Japanese original.

GodzillaBurgh
Interpol Agent

Re: The Godzilla Comic & The Godzilla Comic Strikes Back: Gigantes the Fire Comic-possible English-language versions?

Postby GodzillaBurgh » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:18 am

I wish Viz Media would release these Godzilla manga in English. It would be so cool.
"Just as you distrust us, then we distrust others as well. What's wrong? We're all human. As humans we are responsible for each other, we're related. Refuse us then you'll abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other." - Ichiro Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

SickleFeather
Yojimbo

Postby SickleFeather » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:15 pm

Doesn't MaserPatrol have some scans of those manga?
"So ends the human race! The future is built upon the past, but your kind shall never see it! Your mother and father are dead, tiny one. And now, it is your turn...TO DIE!" - Grima, Fire Emblem Awakening

King of the Monsters
Yin-Yang Master

Postby King of the Monsters » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:32 am

MaserPatrol did full translations of a few chapters from The Godzilla Comic:
https://maserpatrol.wordpress.com/2016/07/12/scanlation-a-sampling-of-crazy-godzilla-manga/

I'm not sure if they tackled The Godzilla Comic Raids Again, but Wikizilla has a couple untranslated scans from it on its page for it: http://wikizilla.org/wiki/The_Godzilla_Comic_Raids_Again
Last edited by King of the Monsters on Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bureaucrat on Wikizilla. No, not the site on Wikia.

mikelcho
Yin-Yang Master

Re: The Godzilla Comic & The Godzilla Comic Raids Again: Gigantes the Fire Comic-possible English-language versions?

Postby mikelcho » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:16 am

G1985 wrote:Gigantis The Fire Comic was published about twenty-five years ago, and I've never run across an English translation. You'd have to look at websites like Mandrake and eBay to find a copy of the Japanese original.

Added in 8 minutes 59 seconds:
mikelcho wrote:
G1985 wrote:Gigantis The Fire Comic was published about twenty-five years ago, and I've never run across an English translation. You'd have to look at websites like Mandrake and eBay to find a copy of the Japanese original.
I made a mistake here. Could someone please remove this post and change the title to what it is now in all the other posts that aren't mine? Thank you.

Added in 2 months 1 day 10 hours 13 minutes 55 seconds:
Re: The Godzilla Comic & The Godzilla Comic Raids Again: Gigantis the Fire Comic-possible English-language versions?
Again, could someone please delete this post and change the title from what it was before to what it is now in all the posts that aren't mine? Thanks!
Last edited by mikelcho on Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Toho Comics, Books, Posters, Misc”