Godzilla Rage Against Time #2 Reaction Thread

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
B34sT
Interpol Agent

Godzilla Rage Against Time #2 Reaction Thread

Post by B34sT »

Well looks like the thread isn't up yet. Issue 2 comes out the 5th with an ancient Greek setting and Godzilla will be fighting the gods.
http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2016 ... e-preview/

GODZILLA2877
G-Force Personnel

Re: Godzilla Rage Against Time #2 Reaction Thread

Post by GODZILLA2877 »

I thought this issue was really good! On to the next one! :D
Last edited by GODZILLA2877 on Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

godzilla5417
Terminated
Terminated

Post by godzilla5417 »

I thought this issue was a lot better then the first, the characters were actually pretty well written for one issue of an anthology series.Plus there was some depth to this issue, food for thought.Also felt like this issue had more panels with Godzilla then the first. So what do you guys think did Zeus kill Godzilla?
I'am an atheist, and the closest thing to a god that I have is.......GODZILLAAAAAAAAA! :godzilla:

Little known fact, both Zilla and Shin Hangout at the same gay bar called GINO"S!

GODZILLA2877
G-Force Personnel

Post by GODZILLA2877 »

godzilla5417 wrote:I thought this issue was a lot better then the first, the characters were actually pretty well written for one issue of an anthology series.Plus there was some depth to this issue, food for thought.Also felt like this issue had more panels with Godzilla then the first. So what do you guys think did Zeus kill Godzilla?
Did you not see the last page? Obviously Godzilla didn't die.

godzilla5417
Terminated
Terminated

Post by godzilla5417 »

I was thinking maybe thats a second Godzilla of it's kind, because in the present they start impelling that there could be more then one.Kind of like how in Gojira 1954 he died and then a second one is in the rest of the movies. I did see the last page and I thought he survived, but the dialogue kind of confused me.
I'am an atheist, and the closest thing to a god that I have is.......GODZILLAAAAAAAAA! :godzilla:

Little known fact, both Zilla and Shin Hangout at the same gay bar called GINO"S!

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

godzilla5417 wrote:I was thinking maybe thats a second Godzilla of it's kind, because in the present they start impelling that there could be more then one.Kind of like how in Gojira 1954 he died and then a second one is in the rest of the movies. I did see the last page and I thought he survived, but the dialogue kind of confused me.

Zeus sealed Godzilla into the earth, but at the cost of all of Zeus's power. Godzilla later forces his way out through the volcano.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

So no Godzilla vs. Cronus?

B34sT
Interpol Agent

Post by B34sT »

godzilla5417 wrote:I was thinking maybe thats a second Godzilla of it's kind, because in the present they start impelling that there could be more then one.Kind of like how in Gojira 1954 he died and then a second one is in the rest of the movies. I did see the last page and I thought he survived, but the dialogue kind of confused me.
I would agree if not for the fact that we know IDW's contract explicitly states Godzilla can't die :P.

I thought it was a good issue. There was a lot of story for one issue and it was cohesive and thorough. Godzilla being the reason the Gods all dies was pretty cool. The art was well done and I appreciate that a two page spread wasn't done in order to fir more story. It seems that unlike Godzilla in Hell that there is an overarching plot tying the issues together with the archeologists which is pretty neat as it gives the series a greater sense of unity despite being an anthology.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Well, I agree it was a good issue, but I'm caught between if I liked issue 1 or 2 better. I felt like issue 1 had Godzilla in more peril, in issue 2 Godzilla pretty much curbstomps everyone and with the exception of Zeus trapping Godzilla pretty much faces no issue.

Issue 1 Godzilla curbstomps Orochi, but at least the battle against Gigan and Megalon was more drawn out.

However, issue 2 had better human characters, and a more dynamic and interesting story. However, that being said, I wish Godzilla fought more of the Gods more. Ares just got blown away, which is awesome, but at the same time felt underwhelming. Same for everyone else. Don't get me wrong, I loved it, but I have such mixed feelings about that.

I also liked how it covered technically two time periods, the Greek Olympians and Pompeii,and I was excited to see the scientists from the first issue come back.

I loved the issue, but felt there was so much they could've done with it, heck they could've had an entire miniseries devoted of Godzilla vs Greek shit, like Cronus, the Kracken etc,,
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

godzilla5417
Terminated
Terminated

Post by godzilla5417 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Well, I agree it was a good issue, but I'm caught between if I liked issue 1 or 2 better. I felt like issue 1 had Godzilla in more peril, in issue 2 Godzilla pretty much curbstomps everyone and with the exception of Zeus trapping Godzilla pretty much faces no issue.

Issue 1 Godzilla curbstomps Orochi, but at least the battle against Gigan and Megalon was more drawn out.

However, issue 2 had better human characters, and a more dynamic and interesting story. However, that being said, I wish Godzilla fought more of the Gods more. Ares just got blown away, which is awesome, but at the same time felt underwhelming. Same for everyone else. Don't get me wrong, I loved it, but I have such mixed feelings about that.

I also liked how it covered technically two time periods, the Greek Olympians and Pompeii,and I was excited to see the scientists from the first issue come back.

I loved the issue, but felt there was so much they could've done with it, heck they could've had an entire miniseries devoted of Godzilla vs Greek shit, like Cronus, the Kracken etc,,
Well thats the thing , each writer only has 22 pages to work with which is a shame.