IDW's GODZILLA: RAGE AGAINST TIME

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
King of the Monsters
Monarch Researcher

Re: IDW's GODZILLA: RAGE AGAINST TIME

Post by King of the Monsters »

I know Toho owns Godzooky because they licensed him to ToyVault so they could make a plush of him. Though I'm not certain if they owned him simply because of Hanna-Barbera going defunct or because he originated in licensed Godzilla media.

I'm not sure about the specifics of Toho assuming ownership of kaiju created in licensed media, but I'm sure there are people who are. I remember reading that Toho's deal with Pipeworks gave them ownership of Krystalak and Obsidius, with Krystalak even receiving his own copyright icon.
Bureaucrat on Wikizilla. No, not Gojipedia.

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

Ah, got to love those copyright icons. Seems i can never find a complete set. Does Godzooky have one? How about all the monsters from both the Hanna-Barbera and 98 Animated series?

I would absolutely love big stickers of those to just stick on things like my car, window, kids...
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

King of the Monsters
Monarch Researcher

Post by King of the Monsters »

The only kaiju not created by Toho I've seen with a copyright icon is Krystalak. Well unless you count the Baby Godzillas from the 1998 film, but their icon was cancelled. I compiled a list of all the known icons on Wikizilla: http://wikizilla.org/wiki/Copyright_icons
Bureaucrat on Wikizilla. No, not Gojipedia.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Mr. Yellow wrote:
I would absolutely love big stickers of those to just stick on things like my car, window, kids...
Kids? Wait what :lol:
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

I made a Godzooky copyright icon, and a few animated series icons too. I'll post them soon. :)
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

Looking forward to it Ditto
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Just posted them in the Toho monster logos, how to find? thread. :)
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

I've got a question on this one. The review of G: RAT #1 says that the Snowman from Half Human made an appearance, but I can't find him anywhere in my trade paperback of the miniseries. Can anyone tell me and/or show me where he is in the story?

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

mikelcho wrote:I've got a question on this one. The review of G: RAT #1 says that the Snowman from Half Human made an appearance, but I can't find him anywhere in my trade paperback of the miniseries. Can anyone tell me and/or show me where he is in the story?
When the two samurai are walking up the mountain, the snowman can be seen in one of the caves. It's in the bottom right of the panel

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Godzillian wrote:
mikelcho wrote:I've got a question on this one. The review of G: RAT #1 says that the Snowman from Half Human made an appearance, but I can't find him anywhere in my trade paperback of the miniseries. Can anyone tell me and/or show me where he is in the story?
When the two samurai are walking up the mountain, the snowman can be seen in one of the caves. It's in the bottom right of the panel
Thanks a lot! I'll take a look. UPDATE: I found him! Now I can add him to my list. He should be the last one, too.
Last edited by mikelcho on Tue May 22, 2018 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.