GODZILLA IN HELL #1 - REACTION THREAD

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
daveblackeye15
JXSDF Technician

Re: GODZILLA IN HELL #1 - REACTION THREAD

Postby daveblackeye15 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:38 pm

I had a feeling this would be less story and simpe visual/emotion based so that's cool. Can't wait to get my copy.

Mr. X
Keizer

Postby Mr. X » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:57 am

I got my advance SDCC copy today! Now I can read it before all of you!

... Oh yeah. Well, better late than never, I suppose. ;)

Hey, I thought they said this was a wraparound cover!
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.

He's given up

2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg

http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

gigan72
Keizer

Postby gigan72 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:24 pm

When I picked this up I got the last copy. The first comic I have ever seen sell out at Newbury Comics, so that's exciting.
I thought this was great and I was really into it. Definitely recommended to hose who haven't read it yet or are considering it!
KaijuFiend wrote:
Birdman wrote:Do you like what you see?

No, and if I didn't value my eyesight so much, I'd bleach my eyes so I never had to see that poop again.

11-22-13/11-23-14/12-27-14

LSD Jellyfish
EDF Soldier

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:35 pm

gigan72 wrote:When I picked this up I got the last copy. The first comic I have ever seen sell out at Newbury Comics, so that's exciting.
I thought this was great and I was really into it. Definitely recommended to hose who haven't read it yet or are considering it!

Yeah it was sold out at Forbidden Planet(the comic shop I go to). I'm really curious to see how the sales for this did, hopefully good.
Then, everything changed when the Giant Condor became the Giant Eagle.

Tim85
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Tim85 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:44 pm

I normally wait for the tradeback but this time I was too intrigued to wait and ordered it off Amazon. I really like it. The no dialogue sans a few spots was an interesting choice and the art really stood out, making it unnecessary. I also like it's not the traditional brimstone and fire version of Hell (although we may see that later). After "reading" this one I'm really anxious to see where they go from here.
I was mentioned in the SciFi Japan article about the appearence of extras on the Godzilla vs. Megalon DVD.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2012 ... p-mystery/

daveblackeye15
JXSDF Technician

Postby daveblackeye15 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:50 pm

I am a little disappointed that King Ghidorah wasn't actually featured like one guy depicted but at least it means he isn't just a weak starter bad guy. So now I'm wondering if Matt Frank's cover will even have those monsters cameoing or not.

Stokoe's issue reminded me of Devil Man and that's a good thing.

LSD Jellyfish
EDF Soldier

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:26 am

daveblackeye15 wrote:I am a little disappointed that King Ghidorah wasn't actually featured like one guy depicted but at least it means he isn't just a weak starter bad guy. So now I'm wondering if Matt Frank's cover will even have those monsters cameoing or not.

Stokoe's issue reminded me of Devil Man and that's a good thing.

Jeff Zornow's issue four cover has both Destroyah and King Ghidorah and the preview summary says they'll appear.

Jeff Zornow's first issue cover was more of a tribute cover to EC comics, so naturally they had him include King Ghidorah as it was on display. Also Matt Frank wrote in the scifi japan thing how he actually drafted a cover before this that also included Rodan, Varan and Angurius. So it's safe to assume that they'll appear as they were on both cover versions.
Then, everything changed when the Giant Condor became the Giant Eagle.

Starsteam
Keizer

Postby Starsteam » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:21 pm

This was a weird read... or I guess I should say, this was a weird no-read. I'm not too familiar with Hell, having never been there, so I felt kind of lost and confused with some of these concepts. The lack of dialog or narration made me enjoy the artwork more than usual. It's pretty unique, I look forward to see what direction it goes.

Return to “Toho Comics, Books, Posters, Misc”