GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH #24 - REACTION THREAD

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH #24 - REACTION THREAD

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

antovald20 wrote:^ Space Godzilla has absolutely no back story whatsoever. He appeared one day, and that's it. Toho doesn't allow any origin stories for any of there monsters. Except for

Created by aliens
Machines created by humans
and my favorite. ... giant monsters always existed.

That's it.
Yes, and that's not a problem of the writers for the comic, that's a problem with TOHO.

Still the "giant monsters always existed" is a bizzare statement because that's pretty much the majority of TOHO films. So if you're going to complain about that you might as well not even be a Godzilla fan. Same goes for the mechs and the Showa aliens.And still Rulers of the Earth did something interesting with the age of monsters in issue 9 and then gave explanations why they all went into hiding and came back again.

SpaceG's origin is not clear because of TOHO bureaucracy, having to keep continuity with KOM and HGM, which did not offer nearly as much explanation to anything, and simply difficulty with the format as you only have so many pages to fill.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

antovald20
Terminated
Terminated

Post by antovald20 »

^ Yeah that's why we are getting a updated Godzilla thanks to Legendary Pictures and Warner Brothers. We actually needed something other then they are just there. The film at least gave a reason.

ROE has no such reason. What was the explanation to why the big kaiju slept for so long? Was it the Cryog ship hitting the earth and putting them all to sleep? Or just they all wanted to take a very long nap at the same time?

I seriously doubt that its hard to keep track of the continuity which you are writing and expanding. Especially when there's so little continuity to go on.
"Continuity gotta love it. :D"- antovald20

EVERY KAIJU FAN SHOULD CHECK THIS OUT! HIT THE LINK BELOW!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxd7cleqz74

GODZILLA VS GAMERA! THE ULTIMATE BATTLE IS FINALLY HERE! CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO SEE
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iMOl-amah8w

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

antovald20 wrote:^ Yeah that's why we are getting a updated Godzilla thanks to Legendary Pictures and Warner Brothers. We actually needed something other then they are just there. The film at least gave a reason.
Dude, you know where G14 came from? He always existed hurp durp.

Seriously why do you keep posting here if you hate this comic other than to stroke your massive hate boner for this series
Resized Image

antovald20
Terminated
Terminated

Post by antovald20 »

^ To stroke my massive hate bonner.
Anyways i can post, or comment whenever i please. I simply commented that Space G doesn't have any kind of a back story, plus i was using the same issue he was talking about to proof that there's no origin or a good explanation to anything that's been going on. It actually possess more questions, then answers.

I said there was a explanation to Godzilla 2014. It's better then what toho has done. Except maybe vs King Ghidorah movie. I like that one as well.
Last edited by antovald20 on Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

GODZILLA VS GAMERA! THE ULTIMATE BATTLE IS FINALLY HERE! CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO SEE

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

antovald20 wrote:^ Yeah that's why we are getting a updated Godzilla thanks to Legendary Pictures and Warner Brothers. We actually needed something other then they are just there. The film at least gave a reason.

ROE has no such reason. What was the explanation to why the big kaiju slept for so long? Was it the Cryog ship hitting the earth and putting them all to sleep? Or just they all wanted to take a very long nap at the same time?

I seriously doubt that its hard to keep track of the continuity which you are writing and expanding. Especially when there's so little continuity to go on.
Oh god, this is so ridiculous.

Beef Bigshot already adressed the first part about G14. I'll adress the second.

In issue 9 the ages of monsters are described. Around the time of the dinosaurs existed the monsters. Keep in mind the monsters shown were Megaguirus, Gorosaurus, Kameobas and not space monsters. So it makes that those monsters could exist in that time because they're really just larger dinosaurs and creatures. Now it hints at the monsters existing to keep the balance. Given that it's said in the same panel where Gorosaurus has Dino in his mouth it's clear it means the monsters are there to prevent any species (including other monsters) from getting out of hand. Now due to natural causes like a meteor hitting the earth, the ice age, and oxygen levels going down the monsters went back into hiding.

The second age of monsters begins with Megalon attacking civilization. It's possible that he's intended to destroy humanity because of man kind growing or simply being a rogue monster. Now King Caeser, the deity, to the civilization stands up and fights megalon. The fighting gets out of hand and tons of shit is destroyed in the process. Not to mention other monsters are reawakened. Mothra saves the remaining inhabitants of the civilization and the rest of it is destroyed by the monsters. After the big fight everyone calms down again and goes back into hiding, until the third age of monsters. aka where KOM begins.

Godzilla and the other monsters are awoken by the first wave of Spacemonsters. They duke it out and destroy tons of shit before the Spacemonsters arrive. And that's pretty much it, I can elaborate more but again stop acting like you have reason to talk when you don't know what you're talking about.

In regards to the last remark: First off I haven't had any issue keeping up with the continuity. Second if you're reffering to the writers it's a problem with the medium. It's not like they're doing a movie where you can contain everything in two hours...geez do I even have to bother explaining this to you again?
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

antovald20
Terminated
Terminated

Post by antovald20 »

^ You were talking about SG having a origin. He doesn't. You said Issue 9 has a good explanation to the monsters. It doesn't. It's just monsters always been around, and they keep balance. Even though they cause more problems to the earth then anything else. Plus it took a couple of years for the space monsters to come to earth. Why didn't King Caesar awaken to protect the people? Or why the other's haven't awaken yet when the space monsters invaded? Or why haven't they awaken when the Cryog first started doing some stuff? Like i said. It's not a good example on how to keep track on what's been written and to explain what's going on.

This is literally the only comic that i have read, so far... that has a lot of problems, and doesn't do any research on what's been happening with the previous series.

G14 has a reason how Godzilla came to be, and why he awoken.

Anyways I'm not starting anything. I'm just saying

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

antovald20 wrote:^ You were talking about SG having a origin. He doesn't. You said Issue 9 has a good explanation to the monsters. It doesn't. It's just monsters always been around, and they keep balance. Even though they cause more problems to the earth then anything else. Plus it took a couple of years for the space monsters to come to earth. Why didn't King Caesar awaken to protect the people? Like i said. It's not a good example on how to keep track on what's been written and to explain what's going on.

G14 has a reason how Godzilla came to be, and why he awoken.
-Yes, you were originally talking about Spacegodzilla but then you completely shifted gears and started going off about G14 and saying how the comic did not have origins to begin with, which is partially true.

-The logic of the monsters "keeping the balance" is the exact same as GMK. The monsters have little to no regard for human life. In some ways the humans are disturbing the balance. Even in KOM the balance exists, right when Godzilla makes landfall Angurius goes straight to Godzilla. Later KG rises up to fight Godzilla. In HGM the monsters are still rampaging though Rodan fights Titanosaurus.

-You'll probably make a remark about Mothra. Why didn't mothra or Caeser rise up and stop the fighting before? Again this is a problem with the comics being linked. In HGM and ROE Mothra rises up in King Caesers place to protect the earth and people(I'm pretty sure the shojibin state that, mothra being a secondary gaurdian).

-As for King Caeser, he didn't appear in HGM OR KOM, that's those comics faults, not ROE. Even then it's easy to explain as King Caeser was asleep and was awakened by Lucy+the shoujibin at a time when there's a full scale alien invasion, mothra has been killed, and most of the monsters were round up. Prior to this the shoujibin were hesitant on awakening Caeser because the last time he woke up it caused huge problems with all the monsters. But at this point pretty much the earth is in ruins so there's no point in not waking up the berserker.

-Again all the problems you list are because of a carry over of a continuity (which sucked) from KOM. They had completely different writers and artists. If you contain itself ROE works well on it's own. I've already adressed why SpaceGodzilla doesn't have an origin(TOHO, continuity between series) yet you just won't awknowledge what I'm saying. It's absolutely idiotic to blindly hate on ROE and the writers (whom you've insulted many times) when those problems have nothing to do with Mowry, Frank, and Zornow and are completely out of their control.

TheLastGezora
G-Force Personnel

Post by TheLastGezora »

I think it is possible to admit that the story does have some weird things that are unexplained. Monsters that disappear for long periods of time, then come back for no reason.

The reason this is is because Rulers of Earth has been expanded upon many times; the writers originally intended to end it at 5, then 8, then 12, then 16, then a whopping 25. Even with the plot holes, the story is still highly enjoyable.
Beef Bigshot wrote:
Godzillian wrote:
Im to scared to talk to my comic book store guy. I dont know why but i have this strange feeling that he is secretly plotting against me...
Most comic store owners are pretty chill. Just say hey hows it going chit chat for 5 min then ask about how the godzilla comics are. Don't be afraid to talk to them :D
naw man, I can see murder in his eyes dude. I swear!

antovald20
Terminated
Terminated

Post by antovald20 »

Yeah. I completely forgot about Mothra. She's also a strange thing that isn't really clear on its motives. The fairies really should have explained to the people what's actually going on, but they never did. Just a very confusing mess that doesn't go anywhere.

Anyways the writers still need to do research on what's been done before. It's like there's, so much to look at.

Anyways moving on.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

TheLastGezora wrote:I think it is possible to admit that the story does have some weird things that are unexplained. Monsters that disappear for long periods of time, then come back for no reason.

The reason this is is because Rulers of Earth has been expanded upon many times; the writers originally intended to end it at 5, then 8, then 12, then 16, then a whopping 25. Even with the plot holes, the story is still highly enjoyable.
Exactly^^

Id just like to add that a lot of Antos or whatever his name is complaints are the same of the Showa series. Why didn't Jet Jaguar and King Caeser present in Destroy all Monsters? They simply weren't but that doesn't stop you from enjoying Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla or Destroy all Monsters

Also he listed Godzilla vs King Ghidorah as his favorite origin. Okay well the comics can't copy the film. Second you can nitpick that origin to hell in the same way you can nitpick the comic. For instance,"Why did the new Godzilla just randomly awaken convienently when the protagonists came back from the future?". "Where'd the dorats come from? How'd they know it'd make KG?" "If there exists time machine technology why didn't other people from the future come back to stop the Futurians?" See what I mean? He's specifically giving Rulers of the Earth weirdly high standards and will not stop complaining and trashing it.

Edit: don't pull that bullshit with Mothra. I wasn't agreeing with you. I was stating why you can't carry things over from the series. And really most of the events in ROE did not call for Mothra. Did Godzilla need help fr Mothra fighting biollante? No. Did Godzilla need backup for the Gargauntuas? No. In the Devoian arc he got help from JJ and in the MKG arc Angurius helped him. And with the MKG arc and Devo arc it's clear that from Mothras perspective it's humans making the robots so she has no right to interfere. Help isn't always needed and it wouldn't make sense for Mothra to just keep popping in. Plus she was weakened by monster x and then later Destroyah. Plus the whole point of ROE was to feature old monsters that never got a lot of love as well as provide fantasy fights fans want to see. Are you really going to complain about that when it delivers? Having mothra in every issue would ruin the point.

If you're really going to keep acting like ROE is a particulary bad comic let me ask you this. Does superman keep popping in with Batman to fight crime in Gotham? No he's busy doing his own things, just like Mothra is. Stop giving ROE higher standards than you would for anything else simply because you do not like the Gargauntuas.

antovald20
Terminated
Terminated

Post by antovald20 »

King Ghidorah film is not my favorite. It has more plot holes, then any other G film. I just like the idea of actually showing Godzilla before he mutated into what he is now. Plus the time travel story line could have been very good if done right. I'm not talking about showa series, because it's not my favorite series. Yes the comic has the same problems as the classic movies. It's not a excuse to just not pay attention to what your gonna be writing without much thought. This comic is just stuff happening without any real thought put into it. I read good comics and this series isn't good in my mind.

Oh this isn't about the Frankenstein babies or Superman or even Batman.

Anyways moving on.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

antovald20 wrote:King Ghidorah film is not my favorite. It has more plot holes, then any other G film. I just like the idea of actually showing Godzilla before he mutated into what he is now. Plus the time travel story line could have been very good if done right. I'm not talking about showa series, because it's not my favorite series. Yes the comic has the same problems as ROE. Just stuff happening without any real thought put into it. I read good comics and this series isn't good in my mind.

Anyways moving on.
1. You keep saying "moving on" despite continually arguing to make it seem like you're not being a continual troll or baiter. I, and other members, have continually stated why your criticisms are invalid and it's becoming even more and more apparent, and you've even admitted it, that the only reason why you're doing this is because you have a hateboner. You even got banned from the forum for a week and the INSTANT you get unbanned you come back and start complaining about useless shit unable to let it go.

2. Yes but you used Godzilla vs King Ghidorah as a specific example to show why ROE had bad origins and explanations. I nit-picked it in the exact same childish way to show you how ridiculous you're being. Want more examples? Okay. G2000 never got an origin. G-1984 didn't have an origin either, just that there was another Godzilla and he was back. Mothra and a lot of other monsters were always just there, like Heisei Rodan, Milenium Mothra, or even Megagurius. In fact Megagurius pretty much has the same origin as GVM, the only difference being Meganula escaped via wormholes from the past. In ROE Megaguirus always existed but was deep in the earth. Miners woke her up. In fact that's pretty similar to the Showa Meganulon. YET I DO NOT SEE YOU ON OTHER PARTS OF THE FORUM APPLYING THE SAME LEVEL OF SCRUTINY TO THE FILMS AND TALKING THE SAME KIND OF SHIT YOU ARE HERE.

antovald20
Terminated
Terminated

Post by antovald20 »

^Moving on.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

LSD, it's done I am finished and you are too. I have been trying to talk to him in the PMs, he won't listen at all at this point I don't even register his presence. all we are doing is bashing our heads at a brick wall that's laughing at us, I advise everybody no matter how annoying it is ignore his posts don't ever reply don't even look at them, their no better than YouTube comments.
Godzilla

antovald20
Terminated
Terminated

Post by antovald20 »

^ That's just fine. There nothing to talk about on these forums anymore. Just the same old comments that don't really have much to go on. This place has bored me, and has nothing to offer at all. Besides you can't have a different opinion on here anyway. I'm done.

Tim85
EDF Instructor

Post by Tim85 »

Spacegodzilla does have an origin. He comes from space: plain and simple.

When the comic kept getting extended the story kept getting changed, naturally. Sometimes things can get overlooked from the previous arcs and it can sometimes cause continuity problems. It happens, especially when it comes to comics.

To paraphrase the MST3K line: Just repeat to yourself: it's just a comic book, I should really just relax. Sit back and enjoy the ride. ROE has done so much right that an occasional mistep can be overlooked.
I was mentioned in the SciFi Japan article about the appearence of extras on the Godzilla vs. Megalon DVD.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2012 ... p-mystery/

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Tim85 wrote:Spacegodzilla does have an origin. He comes from space: plain and simple.

When the comic kept getting extended the story kept getting changed, naturally. Sometimes things can get overlooked from the previous arcs and it can sometimes cause continuity problems. It happens, especially when it comes to comics.

To paraphrase the MST3K line: Just repeat to yourself: it's just a comic book, I should really just relax. Sit back and enjoy the ride. ROE has done so much right that an occasional mistep can be overlooked.
Yeah, not to mention it's cool how they did attempt to reintroduce Spacegodzilla in the issue where he fights Gigan. It's not like he randomly showed up in issue 20/21 without any explanation. And issue 17 was already a great issue.

Anyways, would anyone object if I just made a thread to write out final thoughts on the series as a whole since the grande finale is coming up?

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

antovald20 wrote:^Moving on.
Yah know, we're not. I've given you plenty of warnings, in fact you get another free of charge based on what I have read, so let me spell this out clear and simple. You have an opinion, okay, we get this, but your constant hateful rhetoric, ignorance of others posts and ability to throw these threads off course demand more action so as of this moment your done.

Not sure if its an option, which if it is I will enact it officially as soon as I can, but I don't want another post in ANY comic thread from you Antovald20. If I see it, its a warning, and I don't care if its a post that says, "Really great 4/5". I am tired of this, and since you are the cause I am pulling the roots on this one. You have a question message me. You have an objection send it to someone higher, but I don't want to see ANYTHING else in any past or future thread. To anyone that sees this and notices this continue, message me personally.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

You know, I kind of enjoyed this. While I do wish I was arguing with someone who wasn't a wall, you know, it felt good to talk about the highlights of ROE, why this is such a good series. Its far from perfect, and it has a number of flaws, but its still been a great ride. Its awesome to see these three G-fans' dreams come true; the fun they were having creating this series really shows on the pages. Its been fun to talk about why we like it so much. :)

Rulers of Earth has been a really good series. A real treat for the G-fans, and I'm eagerly waiting for the finale. I can only hope this team can get another opportunity to work on Godzilla again, preferably in a series that they aren't facing the threat of cancellation at every turn. ;)
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

SpanishBulldog63
Administrator
Administrator

Post by SpanishBulldog63 »

antovald, when you're told to stay out of the comics section, you STAY OUT of the comic section.

So I'll say it again: Stay OUT of the comics section. Continuing to post in it will result in more warnings.
NSZ wrote:Well thanks, GVJ, now I can't not picture Sal being voiced by Geoff Ramsey. :lol:
"-what they don't know won't hurt 'em... until they're dead."
Resized Image