GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH #24 - REACTION THREAD

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
Mr. X
Keizer

Re: GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH #24 - REACTION THREAD

Post by Mr. X »

Alright, I'll try logic and reason. I'm not even going to attempt to address that first sentence, but -
antovald20 wrote:I just wish there was better characters, and villains this time around. I mean issue 16 the Cryog commander, whatever his name is... they gave him a name extremely late in the series for me to notice.
I don't see why needing a name makes any sort of difference. He's just been referred to as the "Commander", which is fine.
Said that he never seen a Ghidorah only heard stories. Later he gives a b.s story about one that destroyed his planet? ?? What??? To me that's just poor writing, and just not paying attention to your own story, or continuity
He was referring to Earth's Ghidorah. The one that attacked his home world is separate, as indicated by the use of the Showa version that was actually capable of doing something that isn't simply being an oversized punching bag, as seen with the KOM Ghidorah.

I fail to understand how that's poor writing, especially since the former was a throwaway line most people would have forgotten, and as I said can be given a logical explanation. It doesn't create any serious errors. Of course they're paying attention.
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

RaymondBurr wrote:An argument can be made along the lines that antovald20 is voicing. That is, many writers and film makers believe that characterization is best to be SHOWN, rather than explained. That is, if you want a character to be a despicable coward, write a scene where the character *actually does something cowardly and despicable*! The King of the Cryog is supposed to be such a coward, but this issue simply gives us an info-dump to *tell us* how he is a coward, instead of creating a scene or series of scenes where he actually acts in cowardly ways.

I believe that exposition is necessary in comics in cases where the story is constrained by limited space. Such is the case for Rulers of Earth. I think exposition provides for efficient story-telling. But, there are many people who see exposition as "lazy" story telling.

Anyway, all this is to say, antovald20 isn't a nut because he thinks the Cryogs didn't get good characterization in the series.
JUST KIDDING! JUST KIDDING! :D
Just to make something clear Mr. X and I aren't completely excusing some of ROE shortcomings. We're defending UNJUST criticism from someone who HASNT read the comic.

For instance both I and Mr. X criticized a really pandering scene in issue 22 where Chavez and Woods remark generically how it's the beginning of the end and it is in a sense telling not showing. However, in issue 24 a dialogue with Woods shows him looking up at a trilopod pod anxiously indicating he's worried about Lucy and gang and I thought that as good. In other words his criticism of the comic could be valid if it weren't for the fact that it's blatantly obvious to anyone reading the comic that what he's saying is wrong because he hasn't read the issue.

For instance another one of his complaints was that the homeworld being destroyed thing was made up this issue and says it's poor writing. Except in the third issue Rhizon clearly states how he needs to conquer the earth as something happened to his home planet. It's not something the writers made up on the spot and it's clear he hasn't been paying attention.

It's like saying,"Yeah, Ghidorah the Three Headed Monster sucks. Yeah I haven't seen it but based on a few out of context I've heard I can tell it's crap because the alien Venusian doesn't have a backstory and the characters are bland. Plus Ghidorah looks funny,"
Do you understand?

And yeah part of me just wants to drop it but I really don't like the idea of someone WHO HASNT READ THE ISSUE to post about something THEY HAVENT READ and give a bad impression about something to the other members. The whole point of this thread is a reaction to the comic. If you haven't actually read the comic then I see no reason why you're even commenting here is beyond me.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

^ Exactly.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:Aaand review time!
I agree with pretty much all of this, you touched on all the problems I had with it as well.
- ...So Jet Jaguar has literally just been chilling at the bottom of the ocean for four years. *sigh* I mean, yeah, using the anchor as a weapon was pretty cool, I'll admit, but... *sigh*
It's true that this was a bit odd. I have a theory on this (though keep in mind it is just a fan-theory, it doesn't excuse his absence).

My theory - He's only activated when there are alien monsters involved. First with Gigan and Orga, then with Destoroyah (created by the Devonians) and the sea monsters. Four years later, we have the Mechagodzillas. I'm guessing that he wasn't able to "detect" them like he was with the other alien monsters, or MKG, who is now half mechanical, which might have something to do with it, and has also been on Earth since before JJ.

Then the Trilopods start attacking, and he wakes back up. I'm not entirely sure of the time frame of the Trilopod invasion, but it looks like it was only a day or two. Maybe it takes him a while to wake up (especially since he's been deactivated underwater for four years).

I don't know, that's all I got. I would've liked to have gotten an explanation for why he was absent in Volume 4, or why it took so long for him to show up again here.

Regardless, I agree with everything you said.
G2000 wrote:
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I like your alien theory. Keep in mind that Rhizon was acting as a human during the MKG arc. The Mechagodzilla's were human inventions so because they were alien he didn't interfere. JJ didn't interfere with the fights between Godzilla and Megaguirus or Ebirah because they aren't space monsters.

It's also worth noting that he was deep beneath the sea and it appears his signals got jammed at the end by the sonar. It's entirely possible he had a malfunction and wound up getting stuck at the bottom of the ocean. I do like his Underwater-Maruader look and I wonder if he'll still be like that next issue. Oddly the whole thing reminded me how in the horrible monster island of godzilla thing JJ had a firefighter form and a nurse form. While I doubt it's some weird call back to Jet Jaguar role playing it's nice anyways.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

antovald20
Terminated
Terminated

Post by antovald20 »

TitanoGoji16 wrote:Aaand review time!

Yeah... i didn't need to read this issue to know that this was gonna happen. I read enough ROE to know that it's gonna have lot's of problems, and no real solution other then wait for the last issue to see if it wasn't random stuff happening.

When i get this trade. I hope the end is good. Razor, or whatever his name is. For him not to recognize a Ghidorah, even if it was a different one... it's still poor writing, and not paying attention to detail. It truly feels like there making stuff up just to please the fans.

I'm just answering some people's comments. I'm pretty sure I'm still allowed to do that.
"Continuity gotta love it. :D"- antovald20

EVERY KAIJU FAN SHOULD CHECK THIS OUT! HIT THE LINK BELOW!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxd7cleqz74

GODZILLA VS GAMERA! THE ULTIMATE BATTLE IS FINALLY HERE! CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO SEE
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iMOl-amah8w

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I do agree the worst part about issue 24 was how that one Gojipod got completely slammed by Godzilla. I've stated it before. However, people are acting as if it's definitely been killed. We don't know yet. And yet still there are two other Gojipods. One is fighting Jet Jaguar and the other was about to square off with Godzilla before they were interrupted by the hybrid army. My guess in the next issue is that that Gojipod that Godzilla faced off with will be part of the hybrid army and they'll fight Godzilla and presumably more monsters.

I think addressing the size is of the next issue is important. People are worried that they have too much to cover but remember it's a double issue and that everything has been set up. The next issue can start up with a direct continuation of Godzilla fighting the hybrids, Jet Jaguar fighting more hybrids and Gigan destroying the fleet. This issue set everything up so not many panels have to be devoted to exposition in the next one. And keep in mind the issue is double length and since there doesn't need to be exposition that means way way more fighting. Obviously there will be some panels with Woods and the SDF fighting the monsters, Lucy fighting the cryogs and releasing monsters but all of this will be monster related and can be done quickly. And yeah sure King Ceaser wasn't in issue 24 but it's obvious he and all the other monsters are already close to the battlefield. It won't be weird if everyone rushes out and joins the farce. The finale assumes you've read the previous issues so it's not going to waste it's time re-explaining who everyone is. I have a strong feeling the grand finale will deliver.

GodEmperorGabara
The Modfather
The Modfather

Post by GodEmperorGabara »

We're defending UNJUST criticism from someone who HASNT read the comic.
I'll agree with this. If you're gonna criticize something, then read/watch it yourself before passing judgment on it. Don't look at just one page or listen to remarks from other people. You never know when someone is just BS'ing or just didn't pay attention to the story. See the whole thing yourself and THEN form your own opinions. Let's keep that in mind next time someone wants to praise/criticize a work.

As for some (keyword being SOME) of Antovald's complaints against the story, it sorta reminds me of a quote by Grant Morrison, "Kids understand that real crabs don't sing like the ones in The Little Mermaid. But you give an adult fiction, and the adult starts asking really fucking dumb questions like, 'How does Superman fly? How do those eyebeams work? Who pumps the Batmobile's tires?' It's a fucking made-up story, you idiot! Nobody pumps the tires!"

One interpretation of that quote is basically the ol MST3K mantra, "Just repeat to yourself, 'It's just a show'"

Point I'm trying to make here is, you just gotta quit overthinking things sometimes and just sit back and enjoy. Who cares if the Gargantuas' origins weren't shown in RoE? It has no significance on the main plot, the Gargantuas have no major role in the main plot. They're minor characters, they're just there to fight stuff and because they're cool. We have no reason to know their origins.

Writing contradictions? That happens in damn near every story whether it's a tv show, play, movie, comic (ESPECIALLY comics), video games, and so on. Even GOOD ones suffer from it sometimes. Despite RoE's flaws, both minor and major, I still enjoy it and I would happily recommend to people.
I hate you eternally now Derzerb, I hope you know this.
<3

Made a Discord server, feel free to message me if you're interested.

antovald20
Terminated
Terminated

Post by antovald20 »

Yeah, because none Godzilla fans can enjoy a story thats been going all over the place. Monsters reduced to just monsters that don't have any character. No real human development, or even good villains. Just a quick read, and not much else. Yeah that's why this series is dropping sells more, and more. Nobody is supporting this comic anymore.

Oh, and i understand that everyone makes mistakes, and everything doesn't need a explanation. Still doesn't help with this case. There's, so many things that just happene with no explanation, and it happens frequently. No real continuity that could have been easy to connect if they paid attention to the universe that IDW has created. If you can even call it that. This series isn't good for new readers wanting to know the Godzilla series, or even read for a good story.

I'm sorry. .. this has gone far to long, and it shows, with sells, and just lazy writing.

let's move on now.
Last edited by antovald20 on Fri May 29, 2015 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GODZILLA VS GAMERA! THE ULTIMATE BATTLE IS FINALLY HERE! CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO SEE

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

antovald20 wrote:I'm just answering some people's comments. I'm pretty sure I'm still allowed to do that.
Except that you're not, you're just ignoring everyone who brings up valid points that contradict your views. I hope you at least realize it you're making it appalling evident you have no real argument; anyone could see that. But whatever, using logic and reason with you is going nowhere.

Also, please stop giving out false information regarding the sales (its "sales" by the way, not "sells").

And thank you, Derzerb.
G2000 wrote:
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:

antovald20
Terminated
Terminated

Post by antovald20 »

I am answering questions. What points are you even referring to? This series continue to drop in sells, and it's clear why. You all like this series, because it has good monster battles. Well enjoy the last one, because it feels like that's all you'll be getting.

I'll rather wait for the TPB, because it's not worth getting the same thing over again.

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

antovald20 wrote:I am answering questions. What points are you even referring to?
Have you even been reading our comments?

You're acting so childish, sticking your fingers in your ears and screaming so you don't hear what you don't want to hear.
You all like this series, because it has good monster battles.
Yes. Yes we do, as well as other things about the series. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.
This series continue to drop in sells, and it's clear why.
First off, its "sales".

Secondly, you're not too familiar with how this works, are you? I hope you're at least aware that sales actually increased for a while, yes? But on to the point - if you've bothered to look at the sales of the other Godzilla series, you'll notice that sales always drop (ROE is actually the first series to see an increase after the drop begins). And typically, sales drop at a rapid pace as well. But with ROE, the sales have been dropping very slowly. Its actually pretty rare to see that.

So, if anything, they're doing something right since the majority of the fans are still reading the book; not a whole lot have actually dropped it, at least when compared to other series.

So thank you for proving my point - the sales are showing the truth; evidently, they're doing something right. You act like sales are on your side, but they're really not. The people have spoken, and they're basically saying you're wrong.
G2000 wrote:
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

antovald20 wrote:Yeah, because none Godzilla fans can enjoy a story thats been going all over the place. Monsters reduced to just monsters that don't have any character. No real human development, or even good villains. Just a quick read, and not much else. Yeah that's why this series is dropping sells more, and more. Nobody is supporting this comic anymore.
I know I should let this go but I feel like addressing it because it actually supports the series and is one of the better parts of the series. Many monsters in the series were given tons of personality. In fact the statement in bold couldn't be further from the truth. Id say some of the monsters were even given way more personality than most of the humans. Off the top of my head I remember lots of moments where Godzilla and other monsters were given personality and characters.
Here we go:
-Issue 4: After the fight with Destroyah one of Mothra's babies is about to chomp on Godzilla's tail. Godzilla gives that larva a glare like,"Don't you dare" and Mothra gets a really shocked look on it's face. It was really funny.
-Issue 5: Sanda looking at Lucy in wonder as she looks back at him in wonder.
-Issue 6+7: Jet Jaguar triumphantly returning! He gives thumbs up and even helps Godzilla to his feet! What a great guy! :D
-Issue 9: The entirety of King Ceaser fighting megalon. He's motivated by protecting people but winds up doing a lot of harm.
-Issue 10: The best part is that you hate two of the monsters that are given a lot of characterization. Both Gaira and Sand are given great moments fighting each other and working together. For instance Sanda doesn't want Gaira to hurt humans but helps him fight Godzilla. Gaira, a badass takes on Godzilla but is obviously overwhelmed. He's saved by his brother and clearly has a look of resentment on his face.
-Issue 16: Angruius leaps in and tears up a MG. He gets his revenge and looks oh so satisfied. After the fight both he and Godzilla let out a triumphant roar. In the very next issue both Angruius and Godzilla share a nice moment where they look at each other before going back into the ocean.

-Issue 20: there's a great moment where Godzillas eye opens when the first trilopod transforms. He's clearly scared and it's a great detail.

-Issue 22: Spacegodzilla has a clear chance to kill Godzilla but doesn't because its too underhanded for even him, he appreciates Godzillas help and knows the trilopods are the bigger threat.

And as far as Godzilla goes I'll say he's possibly given more character than most of the Godzilla movies save for maybe GTTHM, SOG, and a few others.
He's clearly prideful and proud of his power and always looking for a fight against strong opponents. He won't back down. He doesn't mind monsters helping him out so long as the monsters helping him aren't a challenge to his pride because they're obvious weaker (Angurius and Mothra). However, if a monster helps him, like Jet Jaguar (who actually may be one of the few things in the series capable of kicking Godzilla's ass) then he can't just let them walk away which is why he instigates a fight with JJ after they defeat Gigan together. He's shown to have fear multiple times in the series based on facial expressions. He has a clear disdain for humans and doesn't care if he destroys shit but at the same time he recognizes that they don't really lose a threat to him and is more concerned about beating other monsters and aliens to prove his strength.

I could go on and on but so many of the monsters are given so much character without ANY dialogue. Just another example of you pulling things out of your ass. Keep in mind I wrote all of those out without looking at the issues so it's clear the comics have been memorable.
Oh, and i understand that everyone makes mistakes, and everything doesn't need a explanation. Still doesn't help with this case. There's, so many things that just happene with no explanation, and it happens frequently. No real continuity that could have been easy to connect if they paid attention to the universe that IDW has created. If you can even call it that. This series isn't good for new readers wanting to know the Godzilla series, or even read for a good story.

You're butthurt that a third series connected to a legitimately horrible comic and an okay comic both by different writers and artists have some continuity errors? Jesus I don't know how to reply to that gold. The second statement is ridiculous because it can be applied to all comics. It's difficult for new readers to randomly go out and pick up the latest issue of Batman because obviously they're jumping in in the middle of the story. It's a common problem of comics in general and nothing specific about GROE.

And actually even that's wrong. You can read a few of the issues like issue 5 and get a complete story that wraps itself up. Issue 5 has characters, great monster action and a self contained story. Later issues are similar with a self contained story about the past where King Caeser fought Megalon and the age of monsters.

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
antovald20 wrote:Yeah, because none Godzilla fans can enjoy a story thats been going all over the place. Monsters reduced to just monsters that don't have any character. No real human development, or even good villains. Just a quick read, and not much else. Yeah that's why this series is dropping sells more, and more. Nobody is supporting this comic anymore.
I know I should let this go but I feel like addressing it because it actually supports the series and is one of the better parts of the series. Many monsters in the series were given tons of personality. In fact the statement in bold couldn't be further from the truth. Id say some of the monsters were even given way more personality than most of the humans. Off the top of my head I remember lots of moments where Godzilla and other monsters were given personality and characters.
Here we go:
-Issue 4: After the fight with Destroyah one of Mothra's babies is about to chomp on Godzilla's tail. Godzilla gives that larva a glare like,"Don't you dare" and Mothra gets a really shocked look on it's face. It was really funny.
-Issue 5: Sanda looking at Lucy in wonder as she looks back at him in wonder.
-Issue 6+7: Jet Jaguar triumphantly returning! He gives thumbs up and even helps Godzilla to his feet! What a great guy! :D
-Issue 9: The entirety of King Ceaser fighting megalon. He's motivated by protecting people but winds up doing a lot of harm.
-Issue 10: The best part is that you hate two of the monsters that are given a lot of characterization. Both Gaira and Sand are given great moments fighting each other and working together. For instance Sanda doesn't want Gaira to hurt humans but helps him fight Godzilla. Gaira, a badass takes on Godzilla but is obviously overwhelmed. He's saved by his brother and clearly has a look of resentment on his face.
-Issue 16: Angruius leaps in and tears up a MG. He gets his revenge and looks oh so satisfied. After the fight both he and Godzilla let out a triumphant roar. In the very next issue both Angruius and Godzilla share a nice moment where they look at each other before going back into the ocean.

-Issue 20: there's a great moment where Godzillas eye opens when the first trilopod transforms. He's clearly scared and it's a great detail.

-Issue 22: Spacegodzilla has a clear chance to kill Godzilla but doesn't because its too underhanded for even him, he appreciates Godzillas help and knows the trilopods are the bigger threat.

And as far as Godzilla goes I'll say he's possibly given more character than most of the Godzilla movies save for maybe GTTHM, SOG, and a few others.
He's clearly prideful and proud of his power and always looking for a fight against strong opponents. He won't back down. He doesn't mind monsters helping him out so long as the monsters helping him aren't a challenge to his pride because they're obvious weaker (Angurius and Mothra). However, if a monster helps him, like Jet Jaguar (who actually may be one of the few things in the series capable of kicking Godzilla's ass) then he can't just let them walk away which is why he instigates a fight with JJ after they defeat Gigan together. He's shown to have fear multiple times in the series based on facial expressions. He has a clear disdain for humans and doesn't care if he destroys shit but at the same time he recognizes that they don't really lose a threat to him and is more concerned about beating other monsters and aliens to prove his strength.

I could go on and on but so many of the monsters are given so much character without ANY dialogue. Just another example of you pulling things out of your ass. Keep in mind I wrote all of those out without looking at the issues so it's clear the comics have been memorable.

You're butthurt that a third series connected to a legitimately horrible comic and an okay comic both by different writers and artists have some continuity errors? Jesus I don't know how to reply to that gold. The second statement is ridiculous because it can be applied to all comics. It's difficult for new readers to randomly go out and pick up the latest issue of Batman because obviously they're jumping in in the middle of the story. It's a common problem of comics in general and nothing specific about GROE.

And actually even that's wrong. You can read a few of the issues like issue 5 and get a complete story that wraps itself up. Issue 5 has characters, great monster action and a self contained story. Later issues are similar with a self contained story about the past where King Caeser fought Megalon and the age of monsters.

Wow, that was a really damn good character analysis of Godzilla in this series !!!! :P

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

Thanks again for the support, LSD, you make a lot of great points.

Bottom line, while the series is far from perfect, the overall consensus seems to be that its a pretty good series. There is indeed a plot, not things happening for no reason. There is characterization, but we've admit its not the series' strong-point. The monsters are very much characters, as detailed above, some moreso than the humans. The aliens are some of the deepest and multi-dimensional characters we've ever seen in Godzilla's long history. Most people are supporting the series still, yet I hear you say "nobody is".

Plus the art. I don't know why this hasn't come up sooner. Easily some of the best we've ever seen in Godzilla comics. The monsters have never felt more alive. That's a big part of the comic as well.

Antovald has the wrong idea; he's entitled to his own opinions, of course, but you should always prepared to back up those opinions with some evidence. And make sure you even have any evidence on your side before making false claims, like the sales debate above. Also, always read the material you're attempting to criticize as well, this should be common sense.
Last edited by Mr. X on Sat May 30, 2015 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
G2000 wrote:
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Mr. X wrote:It's true that this was a bit odd. I have a theory on this (though keep in mind it is just a fan-theory, it doesn't excuse his absence).
An interesting theory, and it kinda makes sense, but I doubt that's what the intention was. Remember, Gigan was active during those four years - He helped 'make' Mecha-King Ghidorah.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:I do agree the worst part about issue 24 was how that one Gojipod got completely slammed by Godzilla. I've stated it before. However, people are acting as if it's definitely been killed. We don't know yet. And yet still there are two other Gojipods. One is fighting Jet Jaguar and the other was about to square off with Godzilla before they were interrupted by the hybrid army. My guess in the next issue is that that Gojipod that Godzilla faced off with will be part of the hybrid army and they'll fight Godzilla and presumably more monsters.
Even if it's not dead, the Goji-pod got taken out of commission for a noticeable amount of time by a tail slam. That's... not good for a grand finale kaiju. Especially when it's one taking its power from the King of the Monsters. If anything that should be the hardest Trilopod to take down.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:I think addressing the size is of the next issue is important. People are worried that they have too much to cover but remember it's a double issue and that everything has been set up. The next issue can start up with a direct continuation of Godzilla fighting the hybrids, Jet Jaguar fighting more hybrids and Gigan destroying the fleet. This issue set everything up so not many panels have to be devoted to exposition in the next one. And keep in mind the issue is double length and since there doesn't need to be exposition that means way way more fighting. Obviously there will be some panels with Woods and the SDF fighting the monsters, Lucy fighting the cryogs and releasing monsters but all of this will be monster related and can be done quickly. And yeah sure King Ceaser wasn't in issue 24 but it's obvious he and all the other monsters are already close to the battlefield. It won't be weird if everyone rushes out and joins the farce. The finale assumes you've read the previous issues so it's not going to waste it's time re-explaining who everyone is. I have a strong feeling the grand finale will deliver.
I'm well aware that the final issue is double length, but even still! Think of all that needs to be done!

- Godzilla is going to fight the Trilopods. Jet Jaguar will most likely help him.
- The Earth kaiju need to be freed - Just to put it out there, that includes King Caesar, Rodan, Anguirus, the Mothra larvae, Battra, Baragon, Gorosaurus, Varan, Gaira, Sanda, Zilla, Kumonga, Ebirah, Megaguirus, Manda, Gezora, Titanosaurus, Kamoebas, possibly Kamacuras, and who knows if they're going to throw in guys like Destoroyah, Megalon, SpaceGodzilla, Biollante, and Hedorah. Hell, maybe even Minya.
- Presumably there will be an Earth kaiju vs. their Trilopod dopplegangers fight.
- Kiryu and MOGUERA show up and join the fight.
- Gigan's going to be doing something.
- There's a ginormous, mountainous Trilopod that pops up at some point. Presumably it has a fight against all the Earth kaiju (or at least whoever's left) before losing to Godzilla.
- Steve and Chavez are going to be all action-y and soldier-y.
- Lucy, Kristina, Jason, and the Shobijin are going to have their own adventure, possibly meeting Karkaro and having a tense hero/villain moment. Or maybe they meet Rhizon who helps them take down his cowardly emperor in some fashion. Or maybe both.
- The whole Rhizon/Karkaro thing needs to come to a head.
- The Cryog have to be defeated.
- Minette and Mallory may possibly show up again at some point because we all know they just can't stay dead.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE! The action is not all there is to a final issue, is there? Of course not, now it's epilogue time!

- Steve and Chavez must head off to their next mission.
- The Shobijin will say something cryptic before leaving on a swimming Mothra larva.
- Lucy and Kristina will confirm their status as, uh... Very close friends...
- Professor Ando will nod approvingly and say "You have come so far since your first day on my team, Lucy! I am very proud of you."
- Depending on how the Cryog are defeated, Rhizon may pop up in a "I'm not dead yet!" moment.
- ALL THE KAIJU NEED TO GO SOMEWHERE. Kiryu and MOGUERA back to base. Jet Jaguar back to being useless in the ocean. King Caesar back to Okinawa. Any possible space monsters back to space. Everyone else I guess could just get shoved onto Monster Island together.
- Godzilla must get his trademark "walks off into the ocean as the sun sets" ending. Possibly followed by or encountering Minya in the process. Or maybe the government gets stupid and tries to nuke him again.
- Maybe a cliffhanger where Showa King Ghidorah pops up and sets his sights on Earth.

And all that has to be given a fair amount of focus. They can't just go "one panel kaiju fight, the next panel Lucy, the next panel Rhizon, the next back to the kaiju fight," like a bad case of comic book A.D.D. They have to actually spend time on this stuff.

Now, I realize that this is all my speculation, and that not every single one of these things is necessarily going to happen. But it sounds like a reasonable guess, doesn't it, more or less? Sounds like the sort of ending this story would have. And they have to get all this done in what is basically two issues? Frankly (Matt Frankly?), the final issue could be triple length and I'd still be a tad worried.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

antovald20
Terminated
Terminated

Post by antovald20 »

^Haha yeah...

This series just has monsters poop out of nowhere, and not much else can be said about them. Only a few have been given some character, but not all. Sales continue to drop, and drop a lot. I checked. There's really nothing going for this series. I've read some amazing comics, and they never make huge mistakes like this comic has done. I can't just forgive every mistake this comic has done just, because its a Godzilla comic.

We deserve something that's good for new readers, and fans alike. This series isn't it.

Now these are some amazing comics, and have everything going for them.
Chew
DMZ
Fable
100 Bullets
IDW TMNT
IDW Ghostbusters

I mean a single issue from any of these has more story and character, then 4 issues of ROE. To me that's just unacceptable.
Last edited by antovald20 on Sat May 30, 2015 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

^ Alright, that says everything.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:An interesting theory, and it kinda makes sense, but I doubt that's what the intention was. Remember, Gigan was active during those four years - He helped 'make' Mecha-King Ghidorah.
Sonuvabitch, I forgot about that scene.
I'm well aware that the final issue is double length, but even still! Think of all that needs to be done!
I agree. I hope all the monsters are freed early on, I'd hate to see Godzilla (and maybe the mechs) take on all those Trilopod hybrids alone (I'm also wondering if the Kamoebas Trilopod is going to get more focus than Kamoebas). There's a lot that's going to happen in this last issue.

I'm remaining optimistic, but there is definitely reason to be concerned.
Frankly (Matt Frankly?),
Last edited by Mr. X on Sat May 30, 2015 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
G2000 wrote:
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:

antovald20
Terminated
Terminated

Post by antovald20 »

^ Well good. Maybe now you can see where I'm coming from.

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

antovald20 wrote:^ Well good. Maybe now you can see where I'm coming from.
Oh, no, its quite the opposite of that.
G2000 wrote:
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:

antovald20
Terminated
Terminated

Post by antovald20 »

Well i tried. In one month it will finally end, and let's hope at least. .. they can wrap up everything in a nice bow. They got a lot to conclude.