GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH #23 - REACTION THREAD

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Re: GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH #23 - REACTION THREAD

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

^ Lucy verbally assualts King Caesar, it doesn't wake up. Battra lands, King Caesar doesn't wake up. Battra attacks Lucy, King Caesar awakens.
Lmao :lol:

If someone can post some images of the battle, I'd love to see just how aggressive Caesar is.
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Just buy the comic dude! Support ROE!

Also I'm surprised no one has brought up the fact that Mothra totally killed someone. Sure in the original Mothra movie many people probably died and certainly the larva killed some people in GMK. But seeing Hesei/divine mothra kill someone is kind of weird. Also what's up with Battra leaving at the end? Did he realize that he was kind of outclassed and retreated? Or did he realize he and King Caeser have the same goal and flew off to the hive?
Also KC totally
Spoiler:
killed the twins
correct?
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Just buy the comic dude! Support ROE!
If I could... I would ;)
Like i said, boonies, no comic book store, also, I lack wifi to buy it online.

B34sT
Interpol Agent

Post by B34sT »

You lack wifi to buy online yet you have internet access to post on TK?

antovald20
Terminated
Terminated

Post by antovald20 »

Read it, and once again. It's nothing special. The twins back story is lame, and unnecessary, and a waste of page. Same thing with the Cryog. They keep talking about the same thing over and over again. King Caesar was actually good, but feels random as well. Why wake him now? Why not earlier, or wake him when the world was in trouble.

This comic truly feels like nothing is happening, and we only have a couple of issues left. Its very disappointing
"Continuity gotta love it. :D"- antovald20

EVERY KAIJU FAN SHOULD CHECK THIS OUT! HIT THE LINK BELOW!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxd7cleqz74

GODZILLA VS GAMERA! THE ULTIMATE BATTLE IS FINALLY HERE! CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO SEE
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iMOl-amah8w

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Also I'm surprised no one has brought up the fact that Mothra totally killed someone. Sure in the original Mothra movie many people probably died and certainly the larva killed some people in GMK. But seeing Hesei/divine mothra kill someone is kind of weird. Also what's up with Battra leaving at the end? Did he realize that he was kind of outclassed and retreated? Or did he realize he and King Caeser have the same goal and flew off to the hive?
I was curious about that as well, I'm hoping they have a follow-up with that. I think that, somehow, the link between Battra and the twins was interrupted (I'm going to wager Trilopods because, well, Trilopods), and Battra got the hell out of there. Though its entirely possible he was able to break off the control of the twins himself. They did lose MKG.
Also KC totally ... correct?
Eh, they survived Godzilla's atomic ray, so anything's possible. But with so few issues left I doubt we'll end up getting a more definitive answer.
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

B34sT wrote:You lack wifi to buy online yet you have internet access to post on TK?
... I get lucky sometimes and I get a chance to post sometimes... does it matter?

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

A little last-minute, I realize, but I finally sat down to write my thoughts out on this issue. Not gonna bother spoiler-ing it, since it's been so long.

- Kamacuras vs. Mothra! Alright, that's a great match up! ...So where's Kamacuras been this whole time? Nobody ever dies in this series, so why hasn't he shown up before? He's clearly not an "ancient kaiju" like Gorosaurus, because he was around causing mischief within the Twins' lifetime. At least with Mothra, maybe you could say something like she died and the new Mothra didn't hatch yet, but there's no real reason Kamacuras should've disappeared.

- So the Twins' origin story is Ayana from Gamera 3 mixed with the little girl from The Lost World: Jurassic Park? Huh. It tells us so much, and yet so little. How did they get their powers? Did their mother know they had powers? Did they not have a father? Did he die too? Oh, well. We should probably feel lucky we got this much.

- I love how Lucy finally gets fed up with the Shobijin's cryptic, fortune cookie dialogue and just yells at them and King Caesar.

- I get the feeling that Karkaro's decision to not throw Rhizon into the brig and instead hold him via a single tentacle is gonna come back and bite him in the ass at some point.

- I will admit, the fight between King Caesar and Battra is amazing and brutal. Matt does an amazing job with this scene.

- Holy crap King Caesar just tore that Trilopod in half with his bare hands

- So why does Battra finally just say "Screw this, I'm out" concerning the Twins? Was it due to their lack of energy that they mentioned shortly beforehand, so they could no longer control him? Did he finally see through their B.S. and decide to abandon their crazy asses? Did he suddenly remember he'd left the oven on at home? I feel like this moment should've been a bit grander in scale but instead it got reduced to only a few panels.

- King Caesar slams his claws down onto the Twins, finally ending their psychic, psychotic threat once and for how much do you want to bet they show up again without a scratch and without an explanation as if nothing ever happened?

- So we've got a (group? army?) of Godzilla-Trilopods. Why do I get the feeling these aren't gonna be any more of a threat than the Mechagodzillas? I mean, I could be wrong, and I hope I am, but...

- Woo! Jet Jaguar is back, ready to kick some Cryog butt and take names! He's here to kick ass and eat sushi from a pail, and he's all out of su--- wait. Wait. WAIT. WAIT. ARE YOU TELLING ME JET JAGUAR HAS BEEN JUST CHILLING IN THE OCEAN'S DEPTHS FOR THE LAST FOUR YEARS? I really, really, really hope this is not the case. I really hope that in the next issue they explain that he was actually on some secret mission to ensure victory against the Cryog that required him to go underwater for some really important reason, and not that he's literally been dormant at the bottom of the sea ever since Godzilla got nuked for no reason.

After the accomplishing-almost-nothing-ness of Issue 22, this issue was a much-needed blast of adrenaline, with an amazing fight between King Caesar and Battra as its centerpiece. However, I'm still a bit worried about what I said last time - The next two issues have a hell of a lot to accomplish. Even with the final issue being double length, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit concerned.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

antovald20
Terminated
Terminated

Post by antovald20 »

TitanoGoji16 wrote:A little last-minute, I realize, but I finally sat down to write my thoughts out on this issue. Not gonna bother spoiler-ing it, since it's been so long.

- Kamacuras vs. Mothra! Alright, that's a great match up! ...So where's Kamacuras been this whole time? Nobody ever dies in this series, so why hasn't he shown up before? He's clearly not an "ancient kaiju" like Gorosaurus, because he was around causing mischief within the Twins' lifetime. At least with Mothra, maybe you could say something like she died and the new Mothra didn't hatch yet, but there's no real reason Kamacuras should've disappeared.

- So the Twins' origin story is Ayana from Gamera 3 mixed with the little girl from The Lost World: Jurassic Park? Huh. It tells us so much, and yet so little. How did they get their powers? Did their mother know they had powers? Did they not have a father? Did he die too? Oh, well. We should probably feel lucky we got this much.

- I love how Lucy finally gets fed up with the Shobijin's cryptic, fortune cookie dialogue and just yells at them and King Caesar.

- I get the feeling that Karkaro's decision to not throw Rhizon into the brig and instead hold him via a single tentacle is gonna come back and bite him in the ass at some point.

- I will admit, the fight between King Caesar and Battra is amazing and brutal. Matt does an amazing job with this scene.

- Holy crap King Caesar just tore that Trilopod in half with his bare hands

- So why does Battra finally just say "Screw this, I'm out" concerning the Twins? Was it due to their lack of energy that they mentioned shortly beforehand, so they could no longer control him? Did he finally see through their B.S. and decide to abandon their crazy asses? Did he suddenly remember he'd left the oven on at home? I feel like this moment should've been a bit grander in scale but instead it got reduced to only a few panels.

- King Caesar slams his claws down onto the Twins, finally ending their psychic, psychotic threat once and for how much do you want to bet they show up again without a scratch and without an explanation as if nothing ever happened?

- So we've got a (group? army?) of Godzilla-Trilopods. Why do I get the feeling these aren't gonna be any more of a threat than the Mechagodzillas? I mean, I could be wrong, and I hope I am, but...

- Woo! Jet Jaguar is back, ready to kick some Cryog butt and take names! He's here to kick ass and eat sushi from a pail, and he's all out of su--- wait. Wait. WAIT. WAIT. ARE YOU TELLING ME JET JAGUAR HAS BEEN JUST CHILLING IN THE OCEAN'S DEPTHS FOR THE LAST FOUR YEARS? I really, really, really hope this is not the case. I really hope that in the next issue they explain that he was actually on some secret mission to ensure victory against the Cryog that required him to go underwater for some really important reason, and not that he's literally been dormant at the bottom of the sea ever since Godzilla got nuked for no reason.

After the accomplishing-almost-nothing-ness of Issue 22, this issue was a much-needed blast of adrenaline, with an amazing fight between King Caesar and Battra as its centerpiece. However, I'm still a bit worried about what I said last time - The next two issues have a hell of a lot to accomplish. Even with the final issue being double length, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit concerned.
A lot of what you said has been a major issue with me as well. They just aren't doing anything with there characters , and it feels like a bunch of random things are just happening. I decided to just stop buying the single issues, and just buy the TPB. It's just not worth buying them issue to issue anymore.
"Continuity gotta love it. :D"- antovald20

EVERY KAIJU FAN SHOULD CHECK THIS OUT! HIT THE LINK BELOW!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxd7cleqz74

GODZILLA VS GAMERA! THE ULTIMATE BATTLE IS FINALLY HERE! CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO SEE
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iMOl-amah8w