GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH #22 - REACTION THREAD

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
Mr. X
Keizer
Posts: 8357
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:41 pm
Location: █████████ 「REDACTED」

GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH #22 - REACTION THREAD

Postby Mr. X » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:34 am

The final battle for Earth continues! Can the Trilopods be stopped?

Image

Full preview:

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2015 ... e-preview/

Some people have already read this because of some mix-up. If you have, please use the spoiler tag if you wish to say anything on the issue before this Wednesday. Thanks!
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.

He's given up

2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg

http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

User avatar
attilagodzilla
Interpol Agent
Posts: 689
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:40 am
Location: Netherlands

Re: GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH #22 - REACTION THREAD

Postby attilagodzilla » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:46 am

You know, gorosaurus was kinda hyped up in previous issue but
Spoiler:
here in the preview he gets defeated. I don't know what is going to happen in the rest of the issue. But i hope for gorosaurus fans that he gets to do more then what is shown in the preview.
one of the few Godzilla fans from holland
Top 5 godzilla movies:
Gojira
GMK
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla vs mechagodzilla 1974
The return of godzilla

User avatar
GreenScar1990
Samurai
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:58 am

Re: GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH #22 - REACTION THREAD

Postby GreenScar1990 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:02 am

attilagodzilla wrote:You know, gorosaurus was kinda hyped up in previous issue but ...


I certainly hope so. He's too awesome and powerful of a kaiju to be dealt with that easily. Then again... he could be playing possum. Remember in King Kong Escapes where we thought Kong had beaten him to death only to be soon shown to clamp his bone-crushing jaws around Kong's leg? I wouldn't be surprised if Goro bites back. :D

User avatar
g2vd
Kwaidan
Posts: 6917
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:36 am

Re: GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH #22 - REACTION THREAD

Postby g2vd » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:45 am

Godzilla

User avatar
antovald20
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 1153
Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 8:51 pm

Re: GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH #22 - REACTION THREAD

Postby antovald20 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:24 am

This series better improve. I've read other books of IDW, and Godzilla ROE so far is the only one that feels brief. I seriously hope IDW can talk to Toho in letting them tell origin stories for the Toho monsters, if not then i don't see how a ongoing can survive.
"Continuity gotta love it. :D"- antovald20

EVERY KAIJU FAN SHOULD CHECK THIS OUT! HIT THE LINK BELOW!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxd7cleqz74

GODZILLA VS GAMERA! THE ULTIMATE BATTLE IS FINALLY HERE! CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO SEE
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iMOl-amah8w

Mr. X
Keizer
Posts: 8357
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:41 pm
Location: █████████ 「REDACTED」

Re: GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH #22 - REACTION THREAD

Postby Mr. X » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:49 am



Spoiler:
Damn, only 4 monsters in this issue? I was expecting a lot more than that based on the last issue...


Still looking forward to it.
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.

He's given up

2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg

http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

User avatar
LSD Jellyfish
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3968
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:57 pm

Re: GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH #22 - REACTION THREAD

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:29 pm

Gorosaurus will probably make a comeback of some kind. Anyways I just finished this issue and I have mixed feelings.
On one hand it was great to see Gorosaurus and it's cool how much of a fight he put up. It was also cool to see the continuation of Godzilla and Spacegodzilla vs the pod, except this time the two of them got their poop together and kicked ass. Something felt really empty about the issue as a whole, at least compared to the last issue. I think it's because the cryogs didn't make an appearance+monster island wasn't really talked about but I guess next issue they'll return to it. It did however properly introduce the hive which was gigantic and cool and well, the last panel; which is something I predicted a whole ago. I guess I'm hoping that all the remaining Trilopod hybrids get a fight in here or there. Again I liked the issue but something about it bothered me, maybe less monsters. Oh well, every issue can't be a monster fest. Still looking forward to the next one.

One question I have: what is up with the hybrid on page 8? There's a shot of four different hybrids: Baragon, Kumonga, then something I don't recognize that has an elephant trunk, and then the Rodan one. Did they make up some hybrid to hint at that there's more monsters never uncovered? Or is it supposed to be something else, it's confusing. Perhaps it's Ganimes or Kamacuras, glowing orange eyes, but that weird trunk thing...


Also I'd like to point out that Godzilla has now been in one continuous fight with no real rest since issue 17....geez.
He fought Ebirah underwater, then fought Megagurius, then fought the base trilopods and then the Mega pod; then fought the Megapod and Spacepod at the same time and now the space Pod once more. I am glad though that the trilopods get so much screen time, it's great having a consistent enemy.
Then, everything changed when the Giant Condor became the Giant Eagle.

Dracosaurian
Interpol Agent
Posts: 416
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 4:02 pm

Re: GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH #22 - REACTION THREAD

Postby Dracosaurian » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:51 am

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Gorosaurus will probably make a comeback of some kind. Anyways I just finished this issue and I have mixed feelings.
On one hand it was great to see Gorosaurus and it's cool how much of a fight he put up. It was also cool to see the continuation of Godzilla and Spacegodzilla vs the pod, except this time the two of them got their poop together and kicked ass. Something felt really empty about the issue as a whole, at least compared to the last issue. I think it's because the cryogs didn't make an appearance+monster island wasn't really talked about but I guess next issue they'll return to it. It did however properly introduce the hive which was gigantic and cool and well, the last panel; which is something I predicted a whole ago. I guess I'm hoping that all the remaining Trilopod hybrids get a fight in here or there. Again I liked the issue but something about it bothered me, maybe less monsters. Oh well, every issue can't be a monster fest. Still looking forward to the next one.

One question I have: what is up with the hybrid on page 8? There's a shot of four different hybrids: Baragon, Kumonga, then something I don't recognize that has an elephant trunk, and then the Rodan one. Did they make up some hybrid to hint at that there's more monsters never uncovered? Or is it supposed to be something else, it's confusing. Perhaps it's Ganimes or Kamacuras, glowing orange eyes, but that weird trunk thing...


Also I'd like to point out that Godzilla has now been in one continuous fight with no real rest since issue 17....geez.
He fought Ebirah underwater, then fought Megagurius, then fought the base trilopods and then the Mega pod; then fought the Megapod and Spacepod at the same time and now the space Pod once more. I am glad though that the trilopods get so much screen time, it's great having a consistent enemy.



All that fighting has finally caught up with him since he passed out. :dizzy:

User avatar
LSD Jellyfish
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3968
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:57 pm

Re: GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH #22 - REACTION THREAD

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:35 am

Yeah. After sleeping in it I think I like the issue more than I originally sounded. Maybe it was because I already read the Gorosaurus part over many times in the previews.

I thought it was cool of how SpaceGodzilla and Spacegodzilla work together and fight the crystal barrier in order to win. In the movie GVSG there was a crystal prison but it was only used on the baby godzilla but now we get to see Godzilla trapped.

Also the shot of the SG about to kill Godzilla and then seeing the hive come down was cool. This issue lived up to the Godzilla and SG thing that was teased properly.

Still, what is that weird trilopod hybrid on page 8?
Then, everything changed when the Giant Condor became the Giant Eagle.

Dracosaurian
Interpol Agent
Posts: 416
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 4:02 pm

Re: GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH #22 - REACTION THREAD

Postby Dracosaurian » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:03 am

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Yeah. After sleeping in it I think I like the issue more than I originally sounded. Maybe it was because I already read the Gorosaurus part over many times in the previews.

I thought it was cool of how SpaceGodzilla and Spacegodzilla work together and fight the crystal barrier in order to win. In the movie GVSG there was a crystal prison but it was only used on the baby godzilla but now we get to see Godzilla trapped.

Also the shot of the SG about to kill Godzilla and then seeing the hive come down was cool. This issue lived up to the Godzilla and SG thing that was teased properly.

Still, what is that weird trilopod hybrid on page 8?


That one is the Rodan/Trilopod hybrid.

User avatar
antovald20
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 1153
Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 8:51 pm

Re: GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH #22 - REACTION THREAD

Postby antovald20 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:09 am

Dracosaurian wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:Gorosaurus will probably make a comeback of some kind. Anyways I just finished this issue and I have mixed feelings.
On one hand it was great to see Gorosaurus and it's cool how much of a fight he put up. It was also cool to see the continuation of Godzilla and Spacegodzilla vs the pod, except this time the two of them got their poop together and kicked ass. Something felt really empty about the issue as a whole, at least compared to the last issue. I think it's because the cryogs didn't make an appearance+monster island wasn't really talked about but I guess next issue they'll return to it. It did however properly introduce the hive which was gigantic and cool and well, the last panel; which is something I predicted a whole ago. I guess I'm hoping that all the remaining Trilopod hybrids get a fight in here or there. Again I liked the issue but something about it bothered me, maybe less monsters. Oh well, every issue can't be a monster fest. Still looking forward to the next one.

One question I have: what is up with the hybrid on page 8? There's a shot of four different hybrids: Baragon, Kumonga, then something I don't recognize that has an elephant trunk, and then the Rodan one. Did they make up some hybrid to hint at that there's more monsters never uncovered? Or is it supposed to be something else, it's confusing. Perhaps it's Ganimes or Kamacuras, glowing orange eyes, but that weird trunk thing...


Also I'd like to point out that Godzilla has now been in one continuous fight with no real rest since issue 17....geez.
He fought Ebirah underwater, then fought Megagurius, then fought the base trilopods and then the Mega pod; then fought the Megapod and Spacepod at the same time and now the space Pod once more. I am glad though that the trilopods get so much screen time, it's great having a consistent enemy.



All that fighting has finally caught up with him since he passed out. :dizzy:


Yeah there's no sense in time in this comic. He can fight hundreds of monsters, in a short time, and still show no real sign of slowing down. Don't like how they do that In this series. He fights monster after monster, and then he decides to leave after a annoying fight... then fights some more... today I'm gonna get these issues and check if there good.
"Continuity gotta love it. :D"- antovald20

EVERY KAIJU FAN SHOULD CHECK THIS OUT! HIT THE LINK BELOW!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxd7cleqz74

GODZILLA VS GAMERA! THE ULTIMATE BATTLE IS FINALLY HERE! CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO SEE
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iMOl-amah8w

User avatar
Birdman
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5389
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:54 am
Location: guess

Re: GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH #22 - REACTION THREAD

Postby Birdman » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:27 am

Spoiler:
The Godzillapods give off more of a Gwangi feel, personally
Komenja wrote:"Rematch! Rematch! Oodako's comin' back for the title!"


https://vk.com/video224433251_166145954

Image

User avatar
LSD Jellyfish
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3968
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:57 pm

Re: GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH #22 - REACTION THREAD

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:40 am

Dracosaurian wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:Yeah. After sleeping in it I think I like the issue more than I originally sounded. Maybe it was because I already read the Gorosaurus part over many times in the previews.

I thought it was cool of how SpaceGodzilla and Spacegodzilla work together and fight the crystal barrier in order to win. In the movie GVSG there was a crystal prison but it was only used on the baby godzilla but now we get to see Godzilla trapped.

Also the shot of the SG about to kill Godzilla and then seeing the hive come down was cool. This issue lived up to the Godzilla and SG thing that was teased properly.

Still, what is that weird trilopod hybrid on page 8?


That one is the Rodan/Trilopod hybrid.

The Rodan pod is to the right? I'm talking about the third from the left. Rodan doesn't have orange dots, a trunk or weird overgrown canines.


Also what's with the reference to Gwangi? I did not get that feeling at all!
Then, everything changed when the Giant Condor became the Giant Eagle.

User avatar
B34sT
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 369
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:46 pm

Re: GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH #22 - REACTION THREAD

Postby B34sT » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:59 am

Does anyone else recognize the pose Godzilla is in on the bottom panel of page 12? It looks like a poster I remember seeing.

Mr. X
Keizer
Posts: 8357
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:41 pm
Location: █████████ 「REDACTED」

Re: GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH #22 - REACTION THREAD

Postby Mr. X » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:51 am

Spoilers ahead!

Not a bad issue, I enjoyed it, but it was a bit lacking. After everything we saw in the last issue and the RI cover of this one I was expecting more. No continuation on the Monster Island battle yet, no KC yet, no mechs yet, nothing on the Cryog side of things, and the Gorosaurus battle was fairly short. Still, I was happy to see him return at all, so I'm not really complaining there. And I can't imagine we won't be seeing him - or any of the other "defeated" monsters - again, anyways.

The Godzilla and Spacegodzilla interaction was great, though. I loved seeing them team up, but also having SpaceG turn on Godzilla as soon as the threat has been eliminated. As cool as it was for them to team up, it wouldn't be staying true to SpaceG's character if he simply left Godzilla alone. The whole scene was great, Spacegodzilla redeemed himself from the last issue by actually doing something.

It was nice getting some focus on the human side of things, seeing where they are as far as the Trilopod invasion is going. Previously we weren't really sure how much everybody knew, and I enjoyed the ending with the TV scene, which brings everyone up to speed quickly and efficiently.

I was not expecting that cliffhanger. With the issue lacking monsters, I wasn't expecting anything big, but this one might be one of the best yet. Just... damn.

And I don't think I need to comment on the art, it was incredible. The emotion on both human and monster was evident and wonderfully done. Really sets the mood.

Overall, I was expecting a bit more from the issue, but it was satisfying nonetheless. Hopefully the next issue shows a bit more on Monster Island and brings the mechs back into the equation. Now that everyone knows what exactly they're up against they can try to put up a fight.


Also, regarding the panel with the Trilopod hybrids - from left to right they're Baragon, Kumonga, Rodan, and Battra. The horn on the head of the Battra type isn't lit up.
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.

He's given up

2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg

http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

User avatar
B34sT
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 369
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:46 pm

Re: GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH #22 - REACTION THREAD

Postby B34sT » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:56 am

The third one is Ebirah not Rodan. I thought it was Rodan at first until I compared the head to the Trilopod from last issue. Also the head looks alot like Ebirah.

User avatar
GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President
Posts: 4504
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:25 am

Re: GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH #22 - REACTION THREAD

Postby GigaBowserG » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:00 am

LSD Jellyfish wrote:I thought it was cool of how SpaceGodzilla and Spacegodzilla work together


8-)

I loved this issue. While Gorosaurus felt a little too built up, it was nice to see him and his ruthless personality. I really like this sense of doom and dread the Shobijin predict, you can feel how the high the stakes have been raised. And that G and SpaceG mini-team-up was absolutely worth the wait. The panel of them busting out of their crystal prison :dizzy: YES
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada

/crawls back under rock

User avatar
LSD Jellyfish
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3968
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:57 pm

Re: GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH #22 - REACTION THREAD

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:07 am

Mr. X wrote:Spoilers ahead!

Not a bad issue, I enjoyed it, but it was a bit lacking. After everything we saw in the last issue and the RI cover of this one I was expecting more. No continuation on the Monster Island battle yet, no KC yet, no mechs yet, nothing on the Cryog side of things, and the Gorosaurus battle was fairly short. Still, I was happy to see him return at all, so I'm not really complaining there. And I can't imagine we won't be seeing him - or any of the other "defeated" monsters - again, anyways.

The Godzilla and Spacegodzilla interaction was great, though. I loved seeing them team up, but also having SpaceG turn on Godzilla as soon as the threat has been eliminated. As cool as it was for them to team up, it wouldn't be staying true to SpaceG's character if he simply left Godzilla alone. The whole scene was great, Spacegodzilla redeemed himself from the last issue by actually doing something.

It was nice getting some focus on the human side of things, seeing where they are as far as the Trilopod invasion is going. Previously we weren't really sure how much everybody knew, and I enjoyed the ending with the TV scene, which brings everyone up to speed quickly and efficiently.

I was not expecting that cliffhanger. With the issue lacking monsters, I wasn't expecting anything big, but this one might be one of the best yet. Just... damn.


I totally called that cliffhanger so I'm not particularly surprised. However I thought it would happen towards the end more and that it would only be one Gojipod, not THREE!

And I don't think I need to comment on the art, it was incredible. The emotion on both human and monster was evident and wonderfully done. Really sets the mood.

Overall, I was expecting a bit more from the issue, but it was satisfying nonetheless. Hopefully the next issue shows a bit more on Monster Island and brings the mechs back into the equation. Now that everyone knows what exactly they're up against they can try to put up a fight.


Also, regarding the panel with the Trilopod hybrids - from left to right they're Baragon, Kumonga, Rodan, and Battra. The horn on the head of the Battra type isn't lit up.

I wrote this out until I read Mr. X's response(now I'm going to have to look back on past issues for better comaprison):
B34sT wrote:The third one is Ebirah not Rodan. I thought it was Rodan at first until I compared the head to the Trilopod from last issue. Also the head looks alot like Ebirah.

Okay this makes sense and it's a cool implication meaning that the trilopods are targeting everyone. I guess the Gorosaurus appearance was to show all the kaiju, even the ones in hiding are being targeted because Ebirah wasn't on monster island. We can then assume that other monsters like Varan, Titanosaurus, Manda, and Gezora are being targeted and are involved with off screen fights.
Then, everything changed when the Giant Condor became the Giant Eagle.

Mr. X
Keizer
Posts: 8357
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:41 pm
Location: █████████ 「REDACTED」

Re: GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH #22 - REACTION THREAD

Postby Mr. X » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:13 am

I'm pretty sure I got it right, its not Ebirah. I think they just colored the Battra hybrid's head wrong, or its just not glowing like we saw in the previous issue. The Rodan one has a beak, complete with Rodan's little nasal horns. I can't explain those yellow orbs, though, but I don't believe they're eyes.
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.

He's given up

2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg

http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

Dracosaurian
Interpol Agent
Posts: 416
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 4:02 pm

Re: GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH #22 - REACTION THREAD

Postby Dracosaurian » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:41 am

Mr. X wrote:I'm pretty sure I got it right, its not Ebirah. I think they just colored the Battra hybrid's head wrong, or its just not glowing like we saw in the previous issue. The Rodan one has a beak, complete with Rodan's little nasal horns. I can't explain those yellow orbs, though, but I don't believe they're eyes.


The two nasal horns are the give away and those yellow spots are most likely the horns.


Return to “Toho Comics, Books, Posters, Misc”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest