GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH #21 - REACTION THREAD

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
antovald20
Terminated
Terminated

Re: GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH #21 - REACTION THREAD

Post by antovald20 »

^ I doubt there was multiple pods, since you don't see them in the previous issue. Godzilla and Megaguiros were in the center of the blast, and woke up right away, so i don't buy that the rest of the kaiju were knocked out by none existing pods. They were defeated by the Trilapods and the smallest kaiju with nothing going for them, are still surviving when the other better kaiju were defeated. If they would be absorb, what would the Trilapods gain? Arms? Hair? ? Yeah it would be stupid and laughable. When the other issue hits shelves, I'll be picking this up for myself and see if this is worth getting more issues.
"Continuity gotta love it. :D"- antovald20

EVERY KAIJU FAN SHOULD CHECK THIS OUT! HIT THE LINK BELOW!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxd7cleqz74

GODZILLA VS GAMERA! THE ULTIMATE BATTLE IS FINALLY HERE! CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO SEE
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iMOl-amah8w

GreenScar1990
Monarch Researcher

Post by GreenScar1990 »

It is stated by Woods himself that a massive explosion(s) occurred, explosions that was far too powerful to belong to any known kaiju. That's proof of the several pods landing and exploding. The other proof is in RoE #20, where three of Trilopod pods were launched and heading straight towards the islands. All of you might want to closely read over #20 and then read #21 immediately after.

Just because you don't like the Gargantuas or Gorosaurus, it doesn't make them any lesser than the rest of the daikaiju that live on the planet. They're fierce, powerful, cunning, agile, and very dangerous monsters. Even alone they can provide an incredible threat to any foe. You don't like that tooth & claw kaiju like Gorosaurus & the Gargantuas are getting the respect they deserve?

Fine. Don't pick up and read the comics. The rest of us are immensely enjoying seeing these kaiju in action, whether against Godzilla or other monsters or aliens. Let Earth's monsters prove that they're the most dominant creatures on the planet, let them display how formidable they truly are. In other words...

Let them fight.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

GreenScar1990 wrote:It is stated by Woods himself that a massive explosion(s) occurred, explosions that was far too powerful to belong to any known kaiju. That's proof of the several pods landing and exploding. The other proof is in RoE #20, where three of Trilopod pods were launched and heading straight towards the islands. All of you might want to closely read over #20 and then read #21 immediately after.

Just because you don't like the Gargantuas or Gorosaurus, it doesn't make them any lesser than the rest of the daikaiju that live on the planet. They're fierce, powerful, cunning, agile, and very dangerous monsters. Even alone they can provide an incredible threat to any foe. You don't like that tooth & claw kaiju like Gorosaurus & the Gargantuas are getting the respect they deserve?

Fine. Don't pick up and read the comics. The rest of us are immensely enjoying seeing these kaiju in action, whether against Godzilla or other monsters or aliens. Let Earth's monsters prove that they're the most dominant creatures on the planet, let them display how formidable they truly are. In other words...

Let them fight.
Sing it brotha
Resized Image

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

I don't know why anybody would call Gorosaurus weak, he basically killed King Ghidorah.
Godzilla

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

GreenScar1990 wrote:I thought this was a very good issue, despite some confusion regarding the art.

But there is some things that need to be pointed out.

When the Trilopod pods land, they create a massive explosion. Given that there was two-three of those pods that hit on or near the islands, the resulting explosion most likely temporarily KO'ed all the monsters there like it did to Godzilla & Megaguirus. Thus allowing the Trilopods to assault and overwhelm the already unconscious forms of Baragon, Rodan, Kumonga, and Battra before they could recover.

That's pretty much what happened. Why else was Sanda lying on the ground? He was probably just recovering from the explosions that leveled the islands and KO'ed the other kaiju there. Unlike the others, Gaira & Sanda managed to recover in time to fight back and kill some of the Trilopods. Given how formidable they are and their fierce tenacity, I'm not surprised. Once the other kaiju awaken from unconsciousness, I can see them joining in the fight to protect the planet.
Eh, that's kind of a stretch. I just looked at it and thought the battles were already in progress when we entered the scene on Monster Island, with Sanda already on the ground because he had been fighting the Trilopod. I think you might be reading into it too much.
I'm honestly very happy that tooth & claw kaiju like Gorosaurus and the Gargantuas are being shown as completely badass. They certainly more than capable of facing down the greatest threats that can be thrown at them, just like a lot of kaiju who can go head-to-head with Godzilla. Much props to the creative team for giving these classic, dangerous beasts some major spotlight.
I agree with this though, 100%. One of the highlights of the series for me.
It also should be noted that SpaceGodzilla was pretty much battle fatigued. I mean, he fought Gigan & Rhizon's forces, then mostly likely took on the Emperor's massive invasion fleet and hordes of Trilopods by himself before eventually being overwhelmed and cast down to Earth. And even then, he's withstands an attack that KO'ed Godzilla and every other form of assault from the Trilopods before he finally collapsed. SpaceG definitely has an extremely high threshold for punishment.
As I already said earlier, this is a distinct possibility, however, they didn't make this clear at all. SG looked fully alert and awake throughout the battle. To quote myself from earlier, we should have seen him with "half-open eyes, hunched over, or something to hint such was the case."
GreenScar1990 wrote:Just because you don't like the Gargantuas or Gorosaurus, it doesn't make them any lesser than the rest of the daikaiju that live on the planet. They're fierce, powerful, cunning, agile, and very dangerous monsters. Even alone they can provide an incredible threat to any foe. You don't like that tooth & claw kaiju like Gorosaurus & the Gargantuas are getting the respect they deserve?

Let them fight.
Just add him to your ignore list or something like I did. Its just not worth it.
g2vd wrote:I don't know why anybody would call Gorosaurus weak, he basically killed King Ghidorah.
But it was Minya who believed the fatal blow. Minya is strongest.
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

antovald20
Terminated
Terminated

Post by antovald20 »

Yeah i don't buy that there the most powerful, or even a match for the Trilapods except maybe Kangaroo Zilla. I can't see the Trilapods as that big of a threat if they couldn't take the Frankenstein babies, but whatever. This isn't shaping up to be a good conconclusion. The next couple of issues that are left better impress, because so far it isn't worth buying extra issues.

This series did not introduce the Gargantuas properly enough for me to believe they are that strong, or had enough impact on the series for me to care. There still as weird, lame, and a bad idea. Kangaroo Zilla seems to have a big entrance, so hope that doesn't disappoint, but i have to wait, and see.

GODZILLA VS GAMERA! THE ULTIMATE BATTLE IS FINALLY HERE! CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO SEE

RaymondBurr
Samurai

Post by RaymondBurr »

g2vd wrote:I don't know why anybody would call Gorosaurus weak, he basically killed King Ghidorah.
:lol:

g2vd wins! :lol:

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

RaymondBurr wrote:
:lol:

g2vd wins! :lol:
Godzilla

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

I'm curious to how see a Gorosaurus and Gargantua trilopod would look like.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

antovald20 wrote:Yeah i don't buy that there the most powerful, or even a match for the Trilapods except maybe Kangaroo Zilla. I can't see the Trilapods as that big of a threat if they couldn't take the Frankenstein babies, but whatever. This isn't shaping up to be a good conconclusion. The next couple of issues that are left better impress, because so far it isn't worth buying extra issues.

This series did not introduce the Gargantuas properly enough for me to believe they are that strong, or had enough impact on the series for me to care. There still as weird, lame, and a bad idea. Kangaroo Zilla seems to have a big entrance, so hope that doesn't disappoint, but i have to wait, and see.
So far, Gaira went toe to toe with Varan and both fought off Godzilla. Some of the ONLY monsters to do so. Excluding your past references with these monsters, at least in these comics they seem to be tenacious fighters. Yes they don't have energy weapons or anything fancy, but they seem to be able to take a hit. If you think about it, THAT gives them the biggest advantage. Like Gorosaurus, they seem inadequate with their abilities YET we know that their skill (Like the Kangaroo Kick) gives them their biggest assets. Battra, Fire Rodan, both relied HEAVILY on their beams in the movies and not much else. If the same is true in these comics, is it REALLY that hard to believe them getting beat?
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

I know a lot of folks prefer Matt Frank, I do too, since he adds flash and cleariness to the art but there some things Zornow does really well. I think the guy is really good at giving a sense of hugeness and weight to the monsters when they fight. Like Varan vs. Gaira in issue 5. If he plans fights out then he does really well, I mean Godzilla's initial fight with the Cyorg's trio of sea monsters was short but it felt like a longer fight. I wouldn't mind if Zornow got a mini all on his own.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

antovald20 wrote:Yeah i don't buy that there the most powerful, or even a match for the Trilapods except maybe Kangaroo Zilla. I can't see the Trilapods as that big of a threat if they couldn't take the Frankenstein babies, but whatever. This isn't shaping up to be a good conconclusion. The next couple of issues that are left better impress, because so far it isn't worth buying extra issues.

why do you even read this series? All you do is complain about the gargantuas and now gorosaurus

antovald20
Terminated
Terminated

Post by antovald20 »

The Gargantuas to me are nothing special and i thought this series would change my mind about them, until they did the impossible. To me that was lazy writing, and extremely hard to believe, but people went with it without a single complaint. I was surprised as hell that they could do anything and it would have been fine, but not me. The issue where the Gargantuas made there first appearance was actually great. I liked that issue and was excited to see more development, but there wasn't. They decided to just make them fight and let the smallest and weakest ( well from what i heard and seen that they can be seriously hurt by Fire or Maisor cannon fire, and that IDW wasn't allowed to be to different from the movies ) to win.
Yeah I'm not gonna be like everyone else and just blindly agree with everything.

They could have done way better then what actually happened. As for Gorosarus. ... his a leaping dinosaur. I'm waiting to be impressed.

GreenScar1990
Monarch Researcher

Post by GreenScar1990 »

As most of us already know (it's even been confirmed), RoE Gargantuas and other daikaiju are a lot more powerful and larger than their original film counterparts. However, even in their original film, the only weapon that had any real effect on them was the maser cannons. Of course those weapons hurt Gigan, Meaglon, Anguirus, and even King Ghidorah as well in the Showa period.

And it was only assumed that they perished from a devastating volcanic eruption, though it was never truly confirmed. Regardless, it's hardly any different than to how the two Rodans perished in their original film. And I would hardly classify any of these creatures to be weak even in their original films.

Matt, Chris, and company probably could have given us an all-out, city brawl between Godzilla & the Gargantuas that would have ended in a similar manner to the climax of King Kong vs. Godzilla if they really wanted. However, most likely due to time constraints, they probably had to settle on the story & battle they originally pitched. Nonetheless, I'm not even sure that that kind of ending to the Godzilla/Gargantuas conflict would have suited you, either.

But, like I've said before, nobody is forcing you to buy or read these issues. The series is coming to an end, so it's not going to make a difference. However, just because you don't like the series or the kaiju, it doesn't mean everybody else isn't. From what I've seen, the majority are loving Godzilla: Rulers of Earth just the way it is and will continue to support the series until the very end.

'Nuff said

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Wow..... just wow.. I'm having flashbacks to the Zilla copyright argument, thanks a lot, you.. you have managed to arritate me to the point, that this may very well be the last time I will talk to you. I love it though nobody else can be powerful, but Godzilla can " cuz he Godzilla and Godzilla unstoppable! Godzilla #1!!" and you fail to understand, clearly the monsters have been changed, just like how a monster can be increased in strength or decreased just like in the Toho movies, because how the hell could Zilla fight Godzilla for a whole f**king issue or can you not read? yep the Gargantuas are pathetic they are weak, just ignore everything people have told you about why they are strong, and another reason why they are weak because they don't have beams like Godzilla, every monster should have beams from now on, actually every monster should be how they were like in Final Wars, Level 1 enemys fighting a level 100 boss, because Godzilla is the most powerful monster ever and they shouldn't be able to hurt him. and they look so stupid every monster should be a reptile no Bigfoot like monsters that should be a rule, and also have you ever even seen WOTG? and Gorosaurus yeah, he's small alright I mean just look at him look how tiny he is clearly not the same size as Godzilla, I mean what has he done to show that he is powerful and durable besides surviving KK breaking his jaws, and in DAM, and he was more powerful in that movie, he was shown reacting to Ghidorah's beams the same way Godzilla did, being hurt for a moment and than getting right back up to fight. and his Kanagroo Kick absolutely pathetic what did it do besides, cause Ghidorah to bleed and break his back essentially killing him, for once he couldn't get back up he was killed and just look at his mouth it's almost as big as his torso and all it did was make Ghidorah bleed when he bit him, and he's totally not capable of eating Trilapods whole like he did in that issue, or biting them in half and he's so stupid looking, a giant Dinosaur pathetic, now look at Godzilla a giant dinosaur with spikes and the ability to spew fire. and I love it, your commenting on something you have only heard about and not seen, way to go.

Yeah Goro looks so stupid in this alt cover for issue 22
Godzilla

cosmow
Samurai

Post by cosmow »

Lazy writer here.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that is picking the book up and continuing to support it. You folks rock.

I'm not one to get into direct debate with people unless it's valid, but if you don't like Zilla, or Gorosaurus, or the Gargantuas... then you'll probably want to skip the last issues. There, you've been warned and if you want to drop the book, I won't hold it against you. Matter of fact, I'd support it! Actions speak louder than words and I'm big fan of that kind of stuff.

antovald20
Terminated
Terminated

Post by antovald20 »

GreenScar1990 wrote:As most of us already know (it's even been confirmed), RoE Gargantuas and other daikaiju are a lot more powerful and larger than their original film counterparts. However, even in their original film, the only weapon that had any real effect on them was the maser cannons. Of course those weapons hurt Gigan, Meaglon, Anguirus, and even King Ghidorah as well in the Showa period.

And it was only assumed that they perished from a devastating volcanic eruption, though it was never truly confirmed. Regardless, it's hardly any different than to how the two Rodans perished in their original film. And I would hardly classify any of these creatures to be weak even in their original films.

Matt, Chris, and company probably could have given us an all-out, city brawl between Godzilla & the Gargantuas that would have ended in a similar manner to the climax of King Kong vs. Godzilla if they really wanted. However, most likely due to time constraints, they probably had to settle on the story & battle they originally pitched. Nonetheless, I'm not even sure that that kind of ending to the Godzilla/Gargantuas conflict would have suited you, either.

But, like I've said before, nobody is forcing you to buy or read these issues. The series is coming to an end, so it's not going to make a difference. However, just because you don't like the series or the kaiju, it doesn't mean everybody else isn't. From what I've seen, the majority are loving Godzilla: Rulers of Earth just the way it is and will continue to support the series until the very end.

'Nuff said
That would have been fine actually. I just needed more development for them, because it's something i needed to see before a big fight with Godzilla.

Oh g2vd i never even said Godzilla can't lose. I'm saying Godzilla has been putrid in this series as a force to be reckon with. For him to just lose that way was just not something i can forgive. Zilla survived because of his speed and plus Zilla has proven his worth with his own series.

Cosmow I'll wait until the trade. I'm not buying extra issues or preorder. I'll just wait for the trade for every IDW Godzilla series.
Last edited by antovald20 on Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

cosmow wrote:Lazy writer here.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that is picking the book up and continuing to support it. You folks rock.

I'm not one to get into direct debate with people unless it's valid, but if you don't like Zilla, or Gorosaurus, or the Gargantuas... then you'll probably want to skip the last issues. There, you've been warned and if you want to drop the book, I won't hold it against you. Matter of fact, I'd support it! Actions speak louder than words and I'm big fan of that kind of stuff.
Bah, don't listen to the guy who doesn't like the Gargauntuas, tons of people really like them appearing and are glad to see other monsters get in. And people heavily like Gorosaurus. I know that you didn't want to get in any direct debates I'm just saying that the last few posts of negativity are not the norm and a lot of people have incredibly positive views of ROE especially of this arc. I myself absolutely love pretty much everything about the ROE series and am always excited when a new one comes out.

This goes without saying but...Keep up the good work!
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

I'm glad monsters with few movie appearances are getting to shine more like the Gargantuas and Gorosaurus. I do hope that King Ceasar cover isn't just for show too.

I mean I love Angurius, Rodan and Mothra too don't get me wrong.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

daveblackeye15 wrote:I'm glad monsters with few movie appearances are getting to shine more like the Gargantuas and Gorosaurus. I do hope that King Ceasar cover isn't just for show too.

I mean I love Angurius, Rodan and Mothra too don't get me wrong.
Yeah and all of them got a lot of appearances in the other comics and have already gotten their chances to shine!
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.