GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH #20 - REACTION THREAD

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
antovald20
Terminated
Terminated

Re: GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH #20 - REACTION THREAD

Post by antovald20 »

^ Sweet! I'm buying 4 again. I stopped when the whole oil in the eyes indecent, but now its worth to buy 4 again.
"Continuity gotta love it. :D"- antovald20

EVERY KAIJU FAN SHOULD CHECK THIS OUT! HIT THE LINK BELOW!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxd7cleqz74

GODZILLA VS GAMERA! THE ULTIMATE BATTLE IS FINALLY HERE! CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO SEE
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iMOl-amah8w

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Hey I stopped buying Godzilla solos with the third issue of Kingdom of the Monsters. I only started after seeing a clear improvement with Half Century War, seeing a better product with Rulers volume 3 and 4. I did buy each solo of Cataclsym so now I feel the whole company is taking Godzilla seriously.

I mean I have the Kingdom of Monster trades just for completion/in case they become hard to get in the future. I will admit Kingdom had some neat ideas and images we never see in Godzilla movies. Godzilla rising from the ground and eating two children, futile kamakaze attack, Rodan flapping gas back to Earth, evil twins but all ruined by poor story telling and stupid satire. I actually felt flat out dirty from reading KotM.

I think a horrorific and nihilistic Godzilla comic where the monsters win could be great with the right story but that sure as heck wasn't it.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

daveblackeye15 wrote:Hey I stopped buying Godzilla solos with the third issue of Kingdom of the Monsters. I only started after seeing a clear improvement with Half Century War, seeing a better product with Rulers volume 3 and 4. I did buy each solo of Cataclsym so now I feel the whole company is taking Godzilla seriously.

I mean I have the Kingdom of Monster trades just for completion/in case they become hard to get in the future. I will admit Kingdom had some neat ideas and images we never see in Godzilla movies. Godzilla rising from the ground and eating two children, futile kamakaze attack, Rodan flapping gas back to Earth, evil twins but all ruined by poor story telling and stupid satire. I actually felt flat out dirty from reading KotM.

I think a horrorific and nihilistic Godzilla comic where the monsters win could be great with the right story but that sure as heck wasn't it.
Thank you. KOM sucked. It wasn't that the satire was inherently bad just that it never built up to anything. My main problem was the art, especially the second half. The first half had a style that was fine for conveying a grim tone but the battles sucked as the artists had no idea how to use space.
KOM had awesome covers but they were always misleading. Occasionally there's errors in the new series for covers but they've all been good.

I continually wonder if ROE sales would be double what they are now if it weren't for KOM being so bad. I think many people gave up cause of that.

Now relating to issue 20 it was a good issue. I'm dissapointed how Megaguirius was built up for issues and has been knocked out for the time being. I get part of this was to build the trilopods up but I wish she got in more action before being disposed of. My guess is she will come back though and probably get revenge on the Megaguirus-Pod.

Now of course we have to discuss the new monsters in action. I liked how there were two varieties. My understanding is the smaller ones absorb energy and DNA from other creatures and then fuse with the brute to form a stronger creature. The brute helps weaken and hold down the creature they're trying to absorb. I really like this concept and I felt they were definitely threatening.

My major complaint is it feels like the comic is trying to juggle many things at once. Like the battra thing seems like a completely seperate storyline and out of place. I feel like the time spent on it could be used for the Spacegodzilla Vs Trilopods. Of course maybe everything will connect nicely later so it's possible my complaint will become invalid. I'm definitely am looking foward to a large scale fight between the monster island creatures and the trilopods.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

I dunno I think the Battra thing is going to be put on hold or wrapped up then everyone will be against the Trilopods.

As for the two types I got the impression that the big ones were the holders and they absorbed the DNA. While the small ones are the cataclysts so to speak and they're the ones that can actually work with the DNA. I'll look again later, I left the issue out in the car and kinda cold right now.

antovald20
Terminated
Terminated

Post by antovald20 »

^^ Yeah KOM could have done waaaaaaaaay! Better! And if it did succeed, then it wouldn't have ended at 12. I'm in agreement that Battra's story is out of place, it feels like another story arc.
"Continuity gotta love it. :D"- antovald20

EVERY KAIJU FAN SHOULD CHECK THIS OUT! HIT THE LINK BELOW!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxd7cleqz74

GODZILLA VS GAMERA! THE ULTIMATE BATTLE IS FINALLY HERE! CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO SEE
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iMOl-amah8w

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

Great issue! The art was gorgeous as usual, and it was a nice blend of action and plot development. The ending has me stoked for the next issue. Hopefully
Spoiler:
SpaceGodzilla and Godzilla do end up teaming up together against the mutant Trilopod.