What Toho Books, Posters, Misc did you just buy?

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
User avatar
G1985
G-Grasper
Posts: 1330
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:10 am

Re: What Toho Books, Posters, Misc did you just buy?

Postby G1985 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:19 am

Godzilla21 wrote:Thanks man. How long ago did you get yours?


At least ten years ago. I forget how I came across it, but I recall paying around $90 for what was a near-unread copy.

User avatar
Godzilla21
Banned Hombre
Posts: 6831
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:39 pm

Re: What Toho Books, Posters, Misc did you just buy?

Postby Godzilla21 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:24 am

G1985 wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:Thanks man. How long ago did you get yours?


At least ten years ago. I forget how I came across it, but I recall paying around $90 for what was a near-unread copy.


Nice! I paid $113. I think it's a bargain considering a few have gone for $300+ on eBay recently
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Bad Hombre
Posts: 12911
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: What Toho Books, Posters, Misc did you just buy?

Postby UltramanGoji » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:55 am

Very nice grab, G21. That's definitely one of the grails.
Image

User avatar
Godzilla21
Banned Hombre
Posts: 6831
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:39 pm

Re: What Toho Books, Posters, Misc did you just buy?

Postby Godzilla21 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:03 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:Very nice grab, G21. That's definitely one of the grails.


I spoke to Ed G at G Fest a few years ago. He said he thinks only 500-1000 were made. So it's a very small number that are out there. I have heard the book is somewhat dated now but I look forward to reading it.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Bad Hombre
Posts: 12911
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: What Toho Books, Posters, Misc did you just buy?

Postby UltramanGoji » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:30 pm

Godzilla21 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:Very nice grab, G21. That's definitely one of the grails.


I spoke to Ed G at G Fest a few years ago. He said he thinks only 500-1000 were made. So it's a very small number that are out there. I have heard the book is somewhat dated now but I look forward to reading it.


I hope one day Ed can re-release it later on down the line. Even if it's outdated, it's still a piece of western kaju fandom history and deserves to be seen by all who are interested. Maybe an online PDF version?

Anyway, I just picked up the Haruo Nakajima Monster Photobook from a US seller on eBay for less than $30. Very excited to check it out!

Image
Image

User avatar
Godzilla21
Banned Hombre
Posts: 6831
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:39 pm

Re: What Toho Books, Posters, Misc did you just buy?

Postby Godzilla21 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:13 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:Very nice grab, G21. That's definitely one of the grails.


I spoke to Ed G at G Fest a few years ago. He said he thinks only 500-1000 were made. So it's a very small number that are out there. I have heard the book is somewhat dated now but I look forward to reading it.


I hope one day Ed can re-release it later on down the line. Even if it's outdated, it's still a piece of western kaju fandom history and deserves to be seen by all who are interested. Maybe an online PDF version?

Anyway, I just picked up the Haruo Nakajima Monster Photobook from a US seller on eBay for less than $30. Very excited to check it out!

Image


That's another great book. A ton of behind the scenes pics I've never seen
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

User avatar
Godzilla Vinyl Mania
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 276
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:14 am

Re: What Toho Books, Posters, Misc did you just buy?

Postby Godzilla Vinyl Mania » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:08 pm

Picked up this silk print 27"x 40" poster up on ebay for $15 total. Love this teaser poster as soon as I first saw it. All framed up in my movie room as of today.
Image

My Kaiju Poster Corner

Image
Resized Image

User avatar
G-Matt
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2831
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:10 am
Location: Porvoo, Finland

Re: What Toho Books, Posters, Misc did you just buy?

Postby G-Matt » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:07 pm

^That is so awesome! I'd love to get all the kaiju, if possible.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

User avatar
cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff
Posts: 1054
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:55 am

Re: What Toho Books, Posters, Misc did you just buy?

Postby cloverfan98 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:43 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:Very nice grab, G21. That's definitely one of the grails.


I spoke to Ed G at G Fest a few years ago. He said he thinks only 500-1000 were made. So it's a very small number that are out there. I have heard the book is somewhat dated now but I look forward to reading it.


I hope one day Ed can re-release it later on down the line. Even if it's outdated, it's still a piece of western kaju fandom history and deserves to be seen by all who are interested. Maybe an online PDF version?

Anyway, I just picked up the Haruo Nakajima Monster Photobook from a US seller on eBay for less than $30. Very excited to check it out!

Image


Very beautiful book. I managed to get two. I got both of them when Nakajima came to Dallas for a convention. I got one autographed and I bought another one to read without worrying about damaging the autographed one.

User avatar
UltramanGoji
Bad Hombre
Posts: 12911
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Western New York
Contact:

Re: What Toho Books, Posters, Misc did you just buy?

Postby UltramanGoji » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:53 pm

The Nakajima book came in today, unfortunately it reeks of tobacco so I only managed to skim through a few pages or so before I put it in a ziploc with a dryer sheet to try and get rid of the smell.

What I saw was breathtaking, so many shots that I've never seen before and more than a few I'm certain haven't left this book. It's so amazing to see the Toho soundstage in all its glory back in the 50's and 60's. I'm gonna try and track down more books in this series, I know there's a Keizo Murase book that goes for a hefty penny.
Image

User avatar
Godzilla21
Banned Hombre
Posts: 6831
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:39 pm

Re: What Toho Books, Posters, Misc did you just buy?

Postby Godzilla21 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:15 am

UltramanGoji wrote:The Nakajima book came in today, unfortunately it reeks of tobacco so I only managed to skim through a few pages or so before I put it in a ziploc with a dryer sheet to try and get rid of the smell.

What I saw was breathtaking, so many shots that I've never seen before and more than a few I'm certain haven't left this book. It's so amazing to see the Toho soundstage in all its glory back in the 50's and 60's. I'm gonna try and track down more books in this series, I know there's a Keizo Murase book that goes for a hefty penny.


I hate when books come in smelling like tobacco. Did the seller mention that?
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.


Return to “Toho Comics, Books, Posters, Misc”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest