Your Godzilla Book Idea Thread

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Your Godzilla Book Idea Thread

Post by g2vd »

What are your ideas for a Godzilla book or Comic book.
Last edited by g2vd on Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Godzilla

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Re: Your Godzilla Book Idea's Thread

Post by Pkmatrix »

I've been thinking about this recently and I have some ideas for Rulers of Earth-based Minis:

- A Mini-Series focused around the Devonians, maybe going into what happened to them during the four-year time skip and how Godzilla ended up in the Arctic (if they aren't planning to cover this in the main series, of course).

- A Mini focused on the Cryogs, details about why they're trying to invade, how they found Earth, and - most importantly - how and why Gigan came to work for them. It would basically be a Gigan mini-series. Not quite sure how Godzilla would relate to this one...maybe center it around the Cryogs and Gigan trying to spring another trap for Godzilla?

- A Mini focused on the adventures of Jet Jaguar and the Monster Kill Crew/MOGUERA. I think in-story JJ has been missing for four years, but I'd still love to see a mini that focused on them. I could easily see this working as the basis for a second ongoing, honestly.

- A Rodan-based mini. I don't know what it would be about, but I'd love to see a Rodan-based Mini...even moreso if they add his mate to the story, it'd add a great extra dimension.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

I so want a mini just based around, or actually is, on the second and/or third issue of Half Century War issues. I just loved the idea of different monster crews for each monster. I easily saw a great cast of characters right there. Can't forget about the strange maser master with his love of drills!

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

g2vd wrote:What are your idea's for a Godzilla book or Comic book.
My first idea involves not using a misplaced apostrophe in the title :)

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

A book similar to Hyrule Historia or one of those dinosaur encyclopedia books. Basically, a guide to Godzilla.

I have not read The Art Of Japanese Monsters but I assume that it's kinda like what I'm asking for.

steven
Monarch Researcher

Post by steven »

Godzilla monster island(novel by jeremy robinson or matthew stover with a treatment from me)

premise

a scientific theme park specializes in creating strange and exotic life forms or pretty much kaiju through genetic engineeering(creating a more grounded tone). they use them for purposes to entertain or to work, the park itself is called monster island which is owned by a company called monarch. the military wants a alpha predator that will work for their interest. with that in mind they create the creature and to their horror it escapes to destroy things it hates. its revealed to be Godzilla and they are desperate to stop him. its godzilla vs his parents who work for the monarch cooperation. they create rodan to fight him, but he kills it and rages on the city nearby. the world is thrown in chaos as a new terrible era arrives. this is the novel will cover godzilla's journey and a realistic world reacting like the real world would. iconic monsters will also pop up but in darker and more sci-fi and grounded forms. the 2 scientist and the company and government will use weapons to try to destroy their creation including the oxygen destroyer(which doesn't work). the final battle will be godzilla battling Destroyah as the world is falling apart and bowing under the titans. it will cover the emotions and thoughts of godzilla throughout the book giving him real character depth and development. the tone is dark and somber with some hope.

themes and style
although it would use mankind's hubris as a theme, it will also use a variety of more timeless themes and quality writing making this novel tell a story that transcends the Kaiju genre. in terms of the version of godzilla its a reinvention/amalgam.

the book will be more focused on being a great novel before being a tie in

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

A comic book series (15 issues) that takes place in the 80s and 90s of the Showa Era. It's premise is the humans constructing monster land and gathering the monsters.

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

Basically,there are several different kinds of "Dream books" pertaining to Godzilla that I would love to see in English format:

1. Something in the same manner/style of the Shogakukan books, which loaded with both great photos as well as written information, such as the one(s) below:

2. An updated Japanese Favorite Mon-star by Steve Ryfle all the way until the upcoming 2016 film:

*OFF TOPIC* Whatever happened to the Honda Biography he and Ed Godzisewski were working on? :?:

3. One of those cool "DK CHILDREN'S" books featuring cutaways of the various kaiju, locations, and mecha throughout the Godzilla series, similar in style to this DK book below for 007:

Just a few book ideas off the top of my head....I would have thought we would have at least gotten a new TOHO-Authorized book or two (ala The Godzilla Compendium) covering the Showa/Heisei/Millennium series last year during the G2014 film, but we got zilch/nada/nanimonai..... :evil:
GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

ebirahsmeg1 wrote:*OFF TOPIC* Whatever happened to the Honda Biography he and Ed Godzisewski were working on? :?:
Godziszewski and Ryfle also recorded commentary tracks for Toho's Battle in Outer Space (1959) and Mothra (1961) which are included on Sony's Icons of Sci-Fi: The Toho Collection. The pair are currently collaborating on an Ishiro Honda biography with hopes of releasing it later this year.
http://www.scified.com/site/we-all-wear ... dziszewski

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

ebirahsmeg1 wrote:Basically,there are several different kinds of "Dream books" pertaining to Godzilla that I would love to see in English format:

1. Something in the same manner/style of the Shogakukan books, which loaded with both great photos as well as written information, such as the one(s) below:

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx81 ... sGvsKG.jpg

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx81 ... oksGFW.jpg

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx81 ... G54-99.jpg

2. An updated Japanese Favorite Mon-star by Steve Ryfle all the way until the upcoming 2016 film:

http://contentcafe2.btol.com/ContentCaf ... n=1&Type=M

*OFF TOPIC* Whatever happened to the Honda Biography he and Ed Godzisewski were working on? :?:

3. One of those cool "DK CHILDREN'S" books featuring cutaways of the various kaiju, locations, and mecha throughout the Godzilla series, similar in style to this DK book below for 007:

http://www.patfullerton.com/007/books/c ... rld-sm.jpg
http://s3files.core77.com/blog/images/2 ... _bond2.jpg

Just a few book ideas off the top of my head....I would have thought we would have at least gotten a new TOHO-Authorized book or two (ala The Godzilla Compendium) covering the Showa/Heisei/Millennium series last year during the G2014 film, but we got zilch/nada/nanimonai..... :evil:
IDK. Maybe with IDW and LP showing Godzilla can be profitable in the US again they'll be more open to things like officially licensed guidebooks.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

MM The Destroyer
Terminated
Terminated

Re: Your Godzilla Book Idea Thread

Post by MM The Destroyer »

I'd like to see a mini-series where the reader has the POV and thought process of Godzilla himself. See what it's like to fire the beam from his line of sight, battle kaiju, the army, etc.
I'm Back... for a... Damn it, I lost count!
Godzelda wrote:
Inferno Rodan wrote:But regardless, what on earth makes you think that, say, Spacegodzilla's Corona beam, which penetrated Godzilla's hide on more than one occasion, is more damaging than a nuke on a point-for-point basis?
It hurt Godzilla. That's why I think that.

TK's #1 most reported, popular, hated, loved, sarcastic kaiju pleb.

All_Humans_Must_Die
G-Grasper

Re: Your Godzilla Book Idea Thread

Post by All_Humans_Must_Die »

a story about the world from Godzilla's point of view
For the sake of peace, for the sake of balance, and for the sake of the earth... All humans must die