GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
Mr. X
Keizer

Re: GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH

Post by Mr. X »

Fans, we need your help! Spread the word of Rulers of Earth by including a link to one of these banners in your sig!

These were supplied by HdE of the IDW Forums:

And these by your truly:

If only we had image sigs! At least include a link, please! We need this book to sell well!
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

space godzilla
JXSDF Technician

Post by space godzilla »

^Put the first one in my sig. I shall help spread the word.
Against all the evil that Hell can conjure, all the wickedness that mankind can produce, we will send unto them... only you. Rip and tear, until it is done. - King Novik, DOOM Eternal

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Living Corpse wrote:let it go and move on.[/size]
Yes. Do that. Along with everyone else bitching and moaning about Zilla being in the comics.

Ok seriously guys, the amount of butthurt coming from this thread is outrageous. You people who are getting pissed about Zilla being in the comic are coming off as really childish. So because one kaiju you don't like will be in the series ya'll are gonna get pissed? Really now.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Laserface121
Monarch Researcher

Post by Laserface121 »

Do I have to say it one more time? IT'S ALL ABOUT EXECUTION! EXE-F***ING-CUTION!
Last edited by Laserface121 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

And I'll say--

*looks at Mr. X's post*

--Ooo, pretty! :D
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

ebirahsmeg1 wrote: - The most recent sales figures are a little alarming (under 7000 issues sold for Godzilla #10).
This new series could be the last if this trend continues. If this is indeed a swan swong, then let's hope this will be a great series). We need an ongoing that is on par with the mini-series for a change.
How many times have you said that before? When has IDW even given ANY hint at the Godzilla comics ending? Especially with Godzilla about to make a huge comeback? Thats just silly thinking. Hell you've hated on all the comics since Day 1.

Actually wait this goes in line with those fans who said the SH MonsterArts and Bandai USA lines wouldn't last either. Look at them now :roll:
IN GARETH EDWARDS WE TRUST!

Laserface121
Monarch Researcher

Post by Laserface121 »

Brody wrote:
Laserface121 wrote:Do I have to say it one more time? IT'S ALL ABOUT EXECUTION! EXE-F***ING-CUTION!
If you think I'm helping you now with your Godzilla/Korra crossover. You can forget it. Find a new artist.

To get off the topic of GINO, I talked to an employee at a New Dimensions Comics store at the mall and asked him if he had the first issue of this series yet. He checked his computer and said no but I made him go in the back and check anyway because sometimes I think they get them early and are just too lazy to put them on the shelves. Either way when these issues do come out, I'll skim through them and see if they're even worth buying.

Look, I'm sorry if I blew my top off back there, but you have to take execution into account.

LaserDuel
GPN Volunteer

Post by LaserDuel »

Brody wrote: Why must every Godzilla movie be devoid of any comedy? It's just an inside joke for the fans, and to remind the GINO fanboys who's the REAL king of the monsters.
I keep hearing about these GINO fanboys and I'm beginning to wonder they're really as numerous as people seem to be implying. Also, Zilla getting owned wasn't funny the first time it happened, so repeating it won't change that.
You obviously have little knowledge of eating disorders. I have a family member who has been down that route, and they don't think rationally. You and I would have no problems reading this new series, but to the more impressionable readers this could spell trouble. It's isn't something that just affects women. Both genders, all ages, can have these disorders when it comes to body image. I'm just stating that Matt Frank could tone it down a bit with this unrealistic portrayl when it comes to drawing muscular builds.
Thanks for the information, but eating disorders are the first thing hammered into students during health class. My point is that Godzilla is a monster, not a human being and and a person feeling bad because a dinosaur has bigger pecs than him/her is kind of sad and sounds very implausible. I understand that those with eating disorders are sometimes irrational, but what you're suggesting stretches belief.

On that note, I think that Matt Frank should stop making the monsters so tall because it might make shorter people feel bad about themselves.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Godzilla fans: We need to come together and accept that GINO was in a bad film, the monsters itself needs to be forgiven and based on what he has done on Toho and now Matt Frank's watch.

GINO fans: It's okay to like GINO but now is the time to expect that Godzilla is the Stone Cold Steve Austin to Zilla's John Cena.

It's time for all of us fans to unite as Godzilla fans and be done with it.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Laserface121
Monarch Researcher

Post by Laserface121 »

Brody wrote:
Laserface121 wrote:Do I have to say it one more time? IT'S ALL ABOUT EXECUTION! EXE-F***ING-CUTION!
If you think I'm helping you now with your Godzilla/Korra crossover. You can forget it. Find a new artist.

To get off the topic of GINO, I talked to an employee at a New Dimensions Comics store at the mall and asked him if he had the first issue of this series yet. He checked his computer and said no but I made him go in the back and check anyway because sometimes I think they get them early and are just too lazy to put them on the shelves. Either way when these issues do come out, I'll skim through them and see if they're even worth buying.

Well, there you have it. You were my last chance. I mean what was I thinking? ME!? A nobody asking help from other artists to squander their talents on a comic that probably couldn't even get off the ground to begin with. I'm just stupid for even considering an idea like that in the first place. :cry:

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

I enjoyed Zilla getting PWNed in FW, and I would have preferred if that was the last we saw of it.

Zilla IS returning, though; this is a fact, and it's not worth complaining about any more than I already have. I trust Mr. Mowry & Mr. Frank will give us a battle to relatively satisfy both sides.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Brody wrote:

Godzilla fans: We need to come together and accept that GINO was in a bad film, the monsters itself needs to be forgiven and based on what he has done on Toho and now Matt Frank's watch.

GINO fans: It's okay to like GINO but now is the time to expect that Godzilla is the Stone Cold Steve Austin to Zilla's John Cena.

It's time for all of us fans to unite as Godzilla fans and be done with it.
No! This is exactly what I was just talking about in my earlier post. GINO shouldn't be accepted as a respected member of the Toho kaiju gallery. It's not a creation of Toho. Robot Chicken sums up what GINO has done to the franchise in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba0chf_WCfU
That's the problem right there. What did Zilla due to the franchise? GINO was a sore spot for fans of the original Godzilla but he did due two things,

1. He created more fans of Godzilla

2. He casued the return of Godzilla in Godzilla 2000 ahead of seclude.

Had Zilla acted like he did in GTS I think eventually everyone could have warmed up to the change in look. I look a Zilla like a step child that has been abused all his life, yes we didn't like how he was presented to him at first but now that he is under the eye of Toho and more importantly Mowry & Matt Frank its time for all of us to give him a fair shake.

It was Zilla's powers and attitude that ultimately killed Zilla not his look.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

Tyler wrote:I don't think it's so much about execution as it is IDW being the first company to have actual Toho monsters, most of which they haven't even properly utilized. They say it's up to us to keep the comics going, then in the debut issues of a new series they showcase GINO. It doesn't matter if you make him tough like the animated version, it's going to put some people off regardless.
Exactly. I love how some on here like to paint people who don't like GINO/cartoon GINO/Zilla/Fred/whatever as "you're all just still bitter/butt hurt (how cute, looks like the Internet has a new cliche to go along with "epic", Haterz gonna hate" and "pwned! :roll: )". I haven't given the 98 film a second thought since G2k and the Millennium series...perhaps many fans just don't like GINO as a kaiju? :idea: His design is beyond lame(you a know a monster is flawed when it's face and mouth were inspired by The Lion King, or how many have to turn to a short run cartoon series to defend how "cool" they think he is) and looks like a skinny, anorexic lizard that I might accidentally step up in the forests of Nikko, Japan. He doesn't even remotely resemble a true Japanese "kaiju", and sticks out like a sore thumb in the Godzilla universe. Likewise, this notion of "we'll, they'll make him badass, so that'll win everyone over" is equally laughable. I would much rather see a tooth and claw kaiju like Varan, Gorosaurus, Baragon, the Gargantuas, etc. battle Godzilla over the first 2 issues....that would be a thousand times more exciting that GINO.

Having said that, I and most others are excited about this new title, inspite of using GINO. Having Frank and Mowry working on this title holds a lot of promise and potential, and this could be the first ongoing series that has a chance to really be special and on par with the minis. But this first announcement of using GINO continues the trend of odd, head-scratching choices IDW always seems to make with the ongoing books...let's give it a chance and see how it plays out after the focus on Zilla shifts elsewhere....
GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

No but seriously the overreaction by some is beyond silly. Why not wait and see how the story plays out first? Personally I think this is a very cool idea and I cannot wait to read it. Heck maybe I'll buy 2. Let them try there new thing. Some people need to realize that Godzilla is NOT the only franchise out there to have on bad film.

This is doing nothing more than expand the Godzilla universe and adding more to the mythology. This is called trying the make the best from something bad (GINO)

Besides we are getting a new American Godzilla film that is sounding promising so far. Time to look towards the future instead of dwelling in the past.
IN GARETH EDWARDS WE TRUST!

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

I'll read all this butthurt later. Right now, let me just address a few important things:
KaijuX wrote:And I'll say--

*looks at Mr. X's post*

--Ooo, pretty! :D
Dankie! ;)
Godzillatheultimate wrote:Hey Mr X., I decided to create a thread advertising the series on another forum I'm n. There's no problem if I post those images for people over on that forum, is there?
No problemo, my good man! :)

And here's some more for you folks:

And I attempted to make a color version. Looks like crap.

These are fun! Include them in your sigs of all the sites you're on!
G2000 wrote:
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:

antovald20
Terminated
Terminated

Post by antovald20 »

Godzilla: Rulers of Earth sounds like a dream come true. This is what every godzilla fan is bin waiting for, and it looks like IDW finally heard us, and are gonna deliver in a BIG! Way. IDW has given us great stories, so far, and now they took what the fans wanna see, and gonna show that godzilla is in good hands.
"Continuity gotta love it. :D"- antovald20

EVERY KAIJU FAN SHOULD CHECK THIS OUT! HIT THE LINK BELOW!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxd7cleqz74

GODZILLA VS GAMERA! THE ULTIMATE BATTLE IS FINALLY HERE! CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO SEE
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iMOl-amah8w

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

Okay, now I can address everything.
Godzillatheultimate wrote:One bad movie does not define a character.
Apparently here it does.

Godzilla sucks because Final Wars sucked.
Brody wrote:If you think I'm helping you now with your Godzilla/Korra crossover. You can forget it. Find a new artist.

Oh my god, that's glorious! :lol: Like a kid having a tantrum.
Brody wrote:To get off the topic of GINO, I talked to an employee at a New Dimensions Comics store at the mall and asked him if he had the first issue of this series yet. He checked his computer and said no but I made him go in the back and check anyway because sometimes I think they get them early and are just too lazy to put them on the shelves.

You're kidding. You're kidding, right?

It's coming out in JUNE. They haven't even PRINTED IT YET. It's literally 1000% IMPOSSIBLE for an comic book store in AMERICA to have the comic in their possesion. Even HCW #5, which comes out IN A MONTH, is NOT in any comic stores ANYWHERE.

What the hell is wrong with you?
Tyler wrote:They say it's up to us to keep the comics going, then in the debut issues of a new series they showcase GINO. It doesn't matter if you make him tough like the animated version, it's going to put some people off regardless.
I have to agree with this. I do think it was a poor choice to have Godzilla vs. Zilla in the first issue(s). That'd be an instant turn-off for a lot. A lot of these idiots on TK judge IDW's comics by either KOM (most) or the first issue of a series. Hearing that Godzilla's gonna fight Zilla will make them put the book down and not bother with the rest of the series.
ebirahsmeg1 wrote:His design is beyond lame in my opinion
Fixed. Do try to realize not everything you think is fact, okay? Seriously.

There was a thread around here that revealed that a lot of people like his design.
ebirahsmeg1 wrote: I would much rather see a tooth and claw kaiju like Varan, Gorosaurus, Baragon, the Gargantuas, etc. battle Godzilla over the first 2 issues....that would be a thousand times more exciting that GINO.
Well I think the majority of us would. But guess what? That ain't happening. Bitching's not gonna get you anywhere.
gatorzilla wrote:No but seriously the overreaction by some is beyond silly.
THIS.

A lot of ya need to shut up already. He's gonna be in the comics, and there's nothing you can do about it. 'Kay? Let's look past that now.

After the first 2 controversial issues, think about what we're getting! Moguera. Biollante. Destoroyah. Gigan. GOROSAURUS. VARAN. Like antovald said, these comics are a dream come true. We'll finally see Varan getting some much-needed love! Who doesn't want to see that?

Despite how you feel about the first 2 issues, try to look past them, please. This series is written by CHRIS. MOWRY. He's got talent up the wazoo. He knows how to deliever a great story.

And then there's the monstrously talented MATT FRANK. I recall in the early days when TONS of you guys wanted to see him in these comics. Dozens of you. The number of you who are loving that, while positive, is nowhere near the number of you that were complaining that he wasn't on interiors back in the day.

This series is basically EXACTLY what you fans wanted, despite Zilla's appearance. You can't win 'em all. IDW can't satisfy everyone. To some, actually a lot, the upcoming Godzilla vs. Zilla battle is making fans even MORE excited for this series. IDW is giving you guys what you requested. Spread the word, and make this book sell well! If it does, imagine what we can get from IDW down the road! If this series does well, we'll get more mini series!

Spread the word, Toho Kingdom, spread the word! Get everyone you know to buy this book!

*drops mike, walks off stage as audience cheers*
G2000 wrote:
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

imo, I think G vs. Zilla for the first issue is a great hook. Even fans who hate GINO may be curious enough to check it out - either because they want to see new ways of Zilla's ass getting kicked, or because they're curious about how this battle will unfold in this story (I'm apart of the latter group).

But seriously. Some of you guys worry too much. lol
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Mr. X wrote:
Brody wrote:To get off the topic of GINO, I talked to an employee at a New Dimensions Comics store at the mall and asked him if he had the first issue of this series yet. He checked his computer and said no but I made him go in the back and check anyway because sometimes I think they get them early and are just too lazy to put them on the shelves.

You're kidding. You're kidding, right?

It's coming out in JUNE. They haven't even PRINTED IT YET. It's literally 1000% IMPOSSIBLE for an comic book store in AMERICA to have the comic in their possesion. Even HCW #5, which comes out IN A MONTH, is NOT in any comic stores ANYWHERE.

What the hell is wrong with you?
My god I'm beyond relived I wasn't the only one to find that little gem..

Either 1.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLI0GMMbQaQ

2.) He's under aged.

Or 3.) He's a blatant troll.

It's beyond annoying.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

GigaBowserG wrote:imo, I think G vs. Zilla for the first issue is a great hook. Even fans who hate GINO may be curious enough to check it out - either because they want to see new ways of Zilla's ass getting kicked, or because they're curious about how this battle will unfold in this story (I'm apart of the latter group).
That was probably IDW's plan. I'm also in the latter group.

Seriously guys, don't complain so much. So there's one monster you don't like. Big woop. IDW can't get all the monsters you want. Speaking of which, there's still over 8 kaiju we don't know about yet.
G2000 wrote:
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote: