GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
Laserface121
Monarch Researcher

Re: GODZILLA: RULERS OF EARTH

Post by Laserface121 »

Actually, I'm looking forward to this because it opens up to how they fight. Godzilla is an engine of destruction, destroying anything in his path just to get to his target while Zilla is more based around guerrilla and ambush tactics. Plus, it would be good chance to see an actual fight between the two.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

I'm honestly really excited to see this new battle between Godzilla and Zilla, maybe because I picture the much more powerful "Zilla Jr." incarnation from the animated series doing battle with him. That was a great monster. The 1998 version died in his film. And GFW.

Hearing Zilla show up truly does go to show that anything's possible here. I don't think anyone was really expecting him to come back. And since this is being made by fans who know Godzilla better than the back of their hands, they'll do this battle justice for Godzilla, no doubt. No need to worry.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Primevalgodzilla V2
Futurian

Post by Primevalgodzilla V2 »

Well, for me, the power of Zilla is irrelevant. There could be a cartoon series depicting Zilla as strong as Superman or something and I would still be displeased if he and Godzilla had an epic fight. Zilla Jr was a good monster, but he's too similar to Godzilla in just about every way, and the last thing i would want is for him to be portrayed as a second Godzilla.
KaijuX wrote:Prime, they have the rights to Megalon and Biollante! :P Just haven't had the chance to exploit them yet.
Wait, when was this mentioned?
It is a simple story. There is nothing that brings me happiness. Be it believing in others or them believe in me, it did not matter.
What others called happiness simply did not bring me joy.

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

Definitely going to make sure my comic shop will be getting this in even though they I always do I will double check.
Cannot WAIT to get my hands on this!

I'm excited for all these new stories and cannon material. It helps really expand the Godzilla Universe.

Prime- WE GET IT!!! You dont need 10 different posts of you repeating the same thing pretty much.
IN GARETH EDWARDS WE TRUST!

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Primevalgodzilla V2 wrote:
KaijuX wrote:Prime, they have the rights to Megalon and Biollante! :P Just haven't had the chance to exploit them yet.
Wait, when was this mentioned?
Megalon has already appeared in Godzilla: The Half-Century War #3. Check the preview if you didn't get the comic:

http://www.tohokingdom.com/news/2012/10 ... eview.html

Biollante was mentioned in the press release for the new series:

http://www.tohokingdom.com/news/2013/03 ... ement.html
If it bites... don't mess with it!

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

Just wondering, who here's been able to pre-order a copy of this already?

My comic shop's just replied they'll be happy to check on it! :)
Formerly known as kurtzilla

Laserface121
Monarch Researcher

Post by Laserface121 »

I can already guess which animal is gonna die when Zilla shows up.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Zilla?!

KILL, Gojira! KIILLLL!!

I would rather not have Zilla be in this, but maybe we'll see a truly brutal beat-down by Godzilla.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Brody wrote:Funny, I just made a topic about Zilla being in the 2014 Godzilla.
Actually it's not funny. Having Zilla appear in a comic book vs the LP movie are completely different things.

The reaction to Zilla in the comic- Mostly positive (I'd say about 70 % at this point). The reaction to your thread about Zilla in the LP film even as a joke- 100% Negative. need I say more?
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

yaburu wrote:I think it's time to let that go. Zilla has potential to be a very interesting character and fun to watch. Let's stop throwing stones at him for the sins of two ass-hats who didn't respect the fandom.

Let's welcome him into the fold.
I would be happier if he stayed away for good; but that's just my opinion.

kaiju115
JXSDF Technician

Post by kaiju115 »

^
Same here, but I would love to see the Big G give him hell kinda like in Final Wars but bring on even more pain, because as Bane would say,"His punishment must be more severe".
SHIN GOJIRA IS AWESOME!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/kaiju115

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Kaiju115
Hope Legendary's Godzilla gets more than a Trilogy

milo bloom
Monsterland Worker

Post by milo bloom »

yaburu wrote:
Rody wrote:Zilla?!

KILL, Gojira! KIILLLL!!

I would rather not have Zilla be in this, but maybe we'll see a truly brutal beat-down by Godzilla.
Because GFW wasn't enough?

I'm on the side that wants an awesome battle between the two. Pure brute force and aggression vs. speed and cunning. Those are always fun matches to watch. And yes, the '98 movie was awful and a slap in the face to every Godzilla fan worth his or her salt. But you know what? That was damn near 15 years ago. Since then, that design of Godzilla has had a kick-ass animated feature, built himself a cult following, been given his own name and went toe-to-toe with Godzilla himself. And he's done it all while being shit on by a good solid chunk of the fandom every step of the way. I think it's time to let that go. Zilla has potential to be a very interesting character and fun to watch. Let's stop throwing stones at him for the sins of two ass-hats who didn't respect the fandom.

Let's welcome him into the fold.
Damn, that's beautiful.

Except it's a "she" :) .

But yes, Zilla is no Jar Jar Binks. She got redeemed in the animated series, and she got put in her place in Final Wars. Let's let her join the rest of the Toho roster with some dignity going forward.

I might have to pick these up down the road if they collect them in a trade.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

milo bloom wrote:Except it's a "she" :) .
Zilla is asexual. As much as I would love to call Zilla a her, as Toho is in desperate need of more female monsters, not sure the label applies here.
Tyler wrote:We know Godzilla and Zilla aren't going to like each other, but if Godzilla has 'friends' Anguirus and/or Rodan make the most sense. To me.
I agree those are the classic choices, although Godzilla might be getting a group of friends depending on how the current ongoing works out and how they defend against the space monsters.

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

... I called it. Zilla's inclusion would cause controversy.

They're not calling him Godzilla. He's not Godzilla. He's a completely different monster. Why be upset? If they did call him Godzilla in the series, then you'd have more than enough reason to be upset.

Anyways, teh logo:

G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

For those talking about zilla being a she, which one? If the first one, that one is asexual or as I like to say quoting The pink panther strikes again, "Madam or Monsieur". If Zilla Jr. he is male as he mated with a female mutant lizard and they had an egg together.
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

Brody wrote:I expect IDW will see a steep drop in sales because of this whole Zilla thing. Zilla is the scorn of the franchisae, looked down upon even more than Minya. This series looked so promising too, now it's ruined.

I'm not even gonna bother here. You never cease to amaze me.

Best ignore him folks.
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Mr. X wrote:... I called it. Zilla's inclusion would cause controversy.
Way more than I thought it would. After Final Wars, I thought that was mostly worked through everyone's systems, but I guess not.

I can only imagine the reaction if Zilla actually won, the rivers would run red for weeks... :lol:

Still, a little controversy is not bad assuming it goes beyond fans talking amongst each other. Just hope they can channel some of this into press on the title. The Japanese vs US Godzilla was woefully under used for marketing Final Wars when it could have netted some press for that film had they done any concentrated effort besides a quick shot in the trailer. Clearly passion is still strong on this subject, and controversy can help to get comics in people's hands (see Superior Spider-man). Pissing fans off is not always a bad thing, especially if the end result is interesting.

Laserface121
Monarch Researcher

Post by Laserface121 »

I think this is a good idea. I mean, with Chris Mowry, I'm pretty sure he can utilize Zilla in a much better execution than Roland Emmerich or Dean Devlin. Besides, remember Godzilla the Series and his rampage in Sydney in Australia? PLUS, it'll be a true east vs west style fight as opposed to a 30-second fight in Sydney.
I expect IDW will see a steep drop in sales because of this whole Zilla thing. Zilla is the scorn of the franchisae, looked down upon even more than Minya. This series looked so promising too, now it's ruined.
Dude, this comic hasn't even come out yet. There's lots of potential for this. Believe it or not but, I'm looking forward to seeing Zilla featured in this and hopefully we can see him being sheer badass.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Living Corpse wrote:Get back to me when we get something cool like Zone Fighter, the Super-X, Garuda, Megaguirus, King Caesar, Dogora or Mecha-King Ghidorah.
Wasn't Megaguirus already mentioned back during the initial hoo-ha that stated they had the Gargantuas? Not saying there has been a press release or solicitation that has brought her up in official terms, but sounded like they purchased the rights to use her around the same time as Biollante, Monster X and others.

space godzilla
JXSDF Technician

Post by space godzilla »

Mr. X wrote:
Brody wrote:I expect IDW will see a steep drop in sales because of this whole Zilla thing. Zilla is the scorn of the franchisae, looked down upon even more than Minya. This series looked so promising too, now it's ruined.
Where's the like button when you need it?

On-topic:I'm fine with Zilla being in the new series. I would even be fine if they made him kinda dangerous.*Holds up flame shield*
Against all the evil that Hell can conjure, all the wickedness that mankind can produce, we will send unto them... only you. Rip and tear, until it is done. - King Novik, DOOM Eternal