Godzilla Discovers America (book)

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
Creature22
EDF Instructor

Godzilla Discovers America (book)

Post by Creature22 »

Was reading the review on the site about this book. Looks pretty.. er... interesting to say the least. What I noticed in the review is that there are appearances of Ghidorah, Ultraman and a little Godzilla... anyone have any scans of any of the book's pictures with these characters? I've seen a few with Godzilla but aside from that, not much. :-|

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Re: Godzilla Discovers America (book)

Post by JVM »

I don't remember Ghidorah or Ultraman appearing, but I read this book around fifth grade, so.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

JVM wrote:I don't remember Ghidorah or Ultraman appearing, but I read this book around fifth grade, so.
Ah. I've only read a review and seen some pictures. I don't want the book enough to buy it though so I'm hoping someone else has it to clarify.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

My local library used to have it. For a kid's book it was pretty good, but anyone over thirteen or so is probably going to spend the entire time facepalming. But I thought it was pretty good for a kid's book.

Most of the focus is on Godzilla and the Scorpion creature, Kamacuras comes later, that's all I remember monster-wise.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

ZillaMaster91
G-Grasper

Post by ZillaMaster91 »

JVM wrote:My local library used to have it. For a kid's book it was pretty good, but anyone over thirteen or so is probably going to spend the entire time facepalming. But I thought it was pretty good for a kid's book.

Most of the focus is on Godzilla and the Scorpion creature, Kamacuras comes later, that's all I remember monster-wise.
That's Godzilla Invades America. A good childrens book regardless, and I still have my copy of it.

Godzilla Discovers America is an entirely different book. Never read it nor know what it is about, personally.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

A few more pictures form the book can be found on this strange site.
http://godzilla.monstrous.com/gallery/t ... hp?album=1
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

ZillaMaster91 wrote:
JVM wrote:My local library used to have it. For a kid's book it was pretty good, but anyone over thirteen or so is probably going to spend the entire time facepalming. But I thought it was pretty good for a kid's book.

That's Godzilla Invades America. A good childrens book regardless, and I still have my copy of it.

Godzilla Discovers America is an entirely different book. Never read it nor know what it is about, personally.
Ooops.

Sorry dude. Can't blame me though, I got 2 of 3 words right.