Godzilla "Fine" Art

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Godzilla "Fine" Art

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I'm interested in discussing and compiling Kaiju and Godzilla related "fine art", a bullshit term, but I'm using it here to differentiate it between the types of stuff that gets posted on deviant Art and stuff that's found in museums, contemporary art magazines, album covers or books. Technically all the stuff by Shin Nishikawa could be posted here, but it's a bit redundant IMO.

To give an example, here's Hedorah on the album Sleep Dirt by Frank Zappa:

In addition, I can't post it here (it's sexually explicit but not hentai. There's a great satire of The Fishermans wife, called the Giant Member Fuiji versus King Ghidora by Aida Makoto. It depicts Fuiji from Ultraman getting violated sexually by one of King Ghidoras heads. It sounds pretty nasty and explicit, because it is. However, in Japan Aida Makoto is one of Japan's most interesting contemporary artists, and his intention for making it is very interesting.

If you really want to see it, it's on my tumblr,
https://grouchozilla.tumblr.com
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Re: Godzilla "Fine" Art

Post by Destorogoji »

I never knew about that piece by Makoto! Looks awesome. I've alwas liked his style.

Also, I love Eggleton's art:
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Re: Godzilla "Fine" Art

Post by UltimateDitto »

That moment when your intestines feel numb, ouch, poor lady. Interesting piece though.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image