IDW's GODZILLA General Discussion

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Kwaidan

Re: IDW's GODZILLA General Discussion

Postby Tyrant_Lizard_King » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:23 am

miguelnuva wrote:Is there a reason Toho doesn't like crossovers? I know for a fact that it gets new eyes on different properties and it can bring new fans in.

Godzilla I think would have done well in the idw crossover world.

I'm pretty sure IDW wanted to use Godzilla in their Cthulhu crossover event but Toho wouldn't allow it.
Rocker, Dinosaur nut, Cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, of you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Image Image

g2vd
Kwaidan

Postby g2vd » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:44 am

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:Is there a reason Toho doesn't like crossovers? I know for a fact that it gets new eyes on different properties and it can bring new fans in.

I'm pretty sure IDW wanted to use Godzilla in their Cthulhu crossover event but Toho wouldn't allow it.

Dark Horse also wanted to crossover Godzilla with Terminator and Predator.

if those were successful I am sure they would have tried Alien next.
Orson Krennic will provide support

Resized Image

The Power we are dealing with here is immeasurable

All the better, Soundwave activate the Nemesis Protocol

miguelnuva
Keizer

Postby miguelnuva » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:47 pm

g2vd wrote:
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:

Dark Horse also wanted to crossover Godzilla with Terminator and Predator.

if those were successful I am sure they would have tried Alien next.

The Cthluhu crossover would have been cool to see and I know I would have ended up buying the entire crossover to follow that storyline. As for Darkhorse that we have defentily brought some new eyes to the Godzilla comic between Terminator, Predator and possibly Alien.

Toho needs to untighten that leash on Godzilla.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

Tim85
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Tim85 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:35 pm

I really wish that Toho would say why they won't allow Godzilla in any crossovers. I don't care if the explanation is total horse crap. When you just get a "no" and that's it; that's not good enough for me. I'm sorry. Tell us why.
I was mentioned in the SciFi Japan article about the appearence of extras on the Godzilla vs. Megalon DVD.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2012 ... p-mystery/

MM Raids Again
JXSDF Technician

Postby MM Raids Again » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:17 pm

I believe it was said that Toho just doesn't want to do the back and forths with other companies. "They can do this to Godzilla!"... "Well Godzilla can do this to *insert property* ... "No, that won't do. We don't like *insert property* doing that to Godzilla" ... "Well Godzilla can't do that to this *insert property*...

Meanwhile, IDW just stands between them with their eyes looking back and forth.
Did you miss me?

GodzillaFan1990's
E.S.P.Spy

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:28 pm

Tim85 wrote:I really wish that Toho would say why they won't allow Godzilla in any crossovers. I don't care if the explanation is total horse crap. When you just get a "no" and that's it; that's not good enough for me. I'm sorry. Tell us why.

Maybe they don't want Godzilla to lose to other characters in crossovers perhaps?

miguelnuva
Keizer

Postby miguelnuva » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:51 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Tim85 wrote:I really wish that Toho would say why they won't allow Godzilla in any crossovers. I don't care if the explanation is total horse crap. When you just get a "no" and that's it; that's not good enough for me. I'm sorry. Tell us why.

Maybe they don't want Godzilla to lose to other characters in crossovers perhaps?

Toho needs to grow up with how they deal with Godzilla or go ahead and over power him even more. None of us are going to start hating Godzilla is Optimus Prime found anway to hurt him.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

UltramanGoji
Keizer

Postby UltramanGoji » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:55 pm

From what I recall, it's that they're trying to take Godzilla into a more serious direction for western audiences. That's why they declined NECA's requests to make figures based off the Marvel and Hanna-Barbera designs.

Or it may also be about dual-ownership rights, i.e. Toho might want complete ownership of all things related to Godzilla these days, which I don't necessarily blame them for.

I don't have a source for any of these (maybe kpa posted about them somewhere), just my own personal speculation.
Check out my YouTube channel CinemaGoji for all things Godzilla!
Steam! (PM me if you add me!)

MechaGoji Bro7503
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:37 am

Got Godzilla in Hell as a gift, really good comic. It was all 5 issues in one. Definitely one of my favorites.
Are actors who play bad guys really bad guys?

Andromeda

Godzillian
EDF Soldier

Postby Godzillian » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:39 am

Hope IDW makes more Godzilla comics I'd be a shame I'd they chose not too. Can't help but feel Godzilla Oblivion cashed them to get cold feet with the license, Quick note the Godzilla Rage Across Time isn't on preorder anymore on Amazon so grab the trade of that while you can

Jason
Yojimbo

Postby Jason » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:34 am

miguelnuva wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:

Toho needs to grow up with how they deal with Godzilla or go ahead and over power him even more. None of us are going to start hating Godzilla is Optimus Prime found anway to hurt him.

Godzilla would be no match for the Transformers. There are too many combiner Transformers that are a lot bigger than him. Not to mention ones that can turn into cities.
God bless, Jason Irelan

LamangoKaijura
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby LamangoKaijura » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:55 pm

IDW's on my Hedorah list. It's done, their contract is up with Godzilla, and not one. NOT ONE mention of a giant walrus or a cameo of Maguma? skreeonk this. Get this Hedorah to the book burning pile.
Spoiler:
I skreeonking LOVED Rulers of Earth. THAT'S how a Godzilla cinema universe should be.

LockBite
Yojimbo

Postby LockBite » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:49 pm

I really wasn't sure where to post this, but I restored my IDW digital purchases on my iphone, and now the reading experience seems downgraded. I remember it used to be that you could sweep panel to panel, and now you can't, unless I'm doing something wrong? Does anyone know?

Pkmatrix
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Pkmatrix » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:10 am

LockBite wrote:I really wasn't sure where to post this, but I restored my IDW digital purchases on my iphone, and now the reading experience seems downgraded. I remember it used to be that you could sweep panel to panel, and now you can't, unless I'm doing something wrong? Does anyone know?

If you're using Comixology, I think you just double-tap on the panel to switch to panel mode.

LockBite
Yojimbo

Postby LockBite » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:35 pm

I use the IDW app. That's where all my purchases are, plus comiXology is missing most of the Godzilla comics.

Cookson
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Cookson » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:24 am

Man, I'm way behind on these.... im going to use comiX for some of these and the new Kong stuff.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

B34sT
Yin-Yang Master

Postby B34sT » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:06 pm

LockBite wrote:I use the IDW app. That's where all my purchases are, plus comiXology is missing most of the Godzilla comics.

I bought all of IDW's run on comixology.

LockBite
Yojimbo

Postby LockBite » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:01 pm

Ah, found it. How do I purchase it?

CyberZilla
Interpol Agent

Postby CyberZilla » Sat May 27, 2017 6:37 pm

So, any new updates on another IDW Godzilla comic series yet?
Kaiju fanatic and aspiring artist/writer.
:xilien: :g2k: Image Resized ImageResized ImageResized ImageResized ImageResized ImageResized ImageResized Image
Get the cool shoe shine.
Put on your war paint.
Who will know?

UltramanGoji
Keizer

Postby UltramanGoji » Sat May 27, 2017 6:49 pm

CyberZilla wrote:So, any new updates on another IDW Godzilla comic series yet?

If there was, the last post in this thread wouldn't be a month old.
Check out my YouTube channel CinemaGoji for all things Godzilla!
Steam! (PM me if you add me!)

Return to “Toho Comics, Books, Posters, Misc”