Page 490 of 630

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Posted: Tue May 28, 2019 11:18 am
by Gerdzerl
Does anyone here have a link to the KWC Discord server? I would like to join.

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Posted: Tue May 28, 2019 2:59 pm
by Nagoda
Gerdzerl wrote:Does anyone here have a link to the KWC Discord server? I would like to join.
Just send KaijuX a PM. He’s the one in charge of the discord server.

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Posted: Tue May 28, 2019 9:06 pm
by TitanoGoji16
People really put way too much time and energy into the whole overused/underused, win/loss ratio thing. It's big rubber monsters beating the tar out of each other. Some win, some lose. Just enjoy the matches.

I mean, if we go by the movies, some monsters don't have ANY wins. AT ALL.
soulgodzilla wrote:Ah, well I think he would be fine as a skin. Or that idea that GVJ mentioned in that one video of MUTO Prime being like an eco fighter.
Image

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Posted: Tue May 28, 2019 9:39 pm
by soulgodzilla
TitanoGoji16 wrote:People really put way too much time and energy into the whole overused/underused, win/loss ratio thing. It's big rubber monsters beating the tar out of each other. Some win, some lose. Just enjoy the matches.

I mean, if we go by the movies, some monsters don't have ANY wins. AT ALL.
soulgodzilla wrote:Ah, well I think he would be fine as a skin. Or that idea that GVJ mentioned in that one video of MUTO Prime being like an eco fighter.
*image*
Oh, we do enjoy matches. But sometimes, wouldn’t you get a bit sick of seeing this happening all the time? Seeing Zilla and Ultraman win all the time while eeing Baragon and Megalon win all the time? Seeing Monster X and Gigan get the most matches uploaded while Ultraseven and Orochi are underused?

I don’t see no problem with that.

And lemme guess, its because of the whole “his name is different because he is called “MUTO” just with a extra name added” thing, isn’t it?

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Posted: Tue May 28, 2019 11:00 pm
by Nagoda
soulgodzilla wrote: Oh, we do enjoy matches. But sometimes, wouldn’t you get a bit sick of seeing this happening all the time? Seeing Zilla and Ultraman win all the time while eeing Baragon and Megalon win all the time? Seeing Monster X and Gigan get the most matches uploaded while Ultraseven and Orochi are underused?

I don’t see no problem with that.

And lemme guess, its because of the whole “his name is different because he is called “MUTO” just with a extra name added” thing, isn’t it?
It’s more that MUTO Prime is far different than the other two MUTOs in its abilities and looks. Thus, having it as a skin, or as an “Echo” Fighter, wouldn’t make as much sense.

Also, you can blame all the win loss ratio stuff on us writers as we are the ones making them like this. Same with the underused/overused monsters. The only reason some monsters don’t show up is because nobody wants to write with them or they can’t think of something to write them with. Also people tend to follow the cliches such as an underdog pulling through or a hero beating the villain. Either way, it’s easier to just read or write for enjoyment than to worry over a win/loss ratio or over/underused monsters.

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Posted: Wed May 29, 2019 6:59 am
by soulgodzilla
Nagoda wrote:
soulgodzilla wrote: Oh, we do enjoy matches. But sometimes, wouldn’t you get a bit sick of seeing this happening all the time? Seeing Zilla and Ultraman win all the time while eeing Baragon and Megalon win all the time? Seeing Monster X and Gigan get the most matches uploaded while Ultraseven and Orochi are underused?

I don’t see no problem with that.

And lemme guess, its because of the whole “his name is different because he is called “MUTO” just with a extra name added” thing, isn’t it?
It’s more that MUTO Prime is far different than the other two MUTOs in its abilities and looks. Thus, having it as a skin, or as an “Echo” Fighter, wouldn’t make as much sense.

Also, you can blame all the win loss ratio stuff on us writers as we are the ones making them like this. Same with the underused/overused monsters. The only reason some monsters don’t show up is because nobody wants to write with them or they can’t think of something to write them with. Also people tend to follow the cliches such as an underdog pulling through or a hero beating the villain. Either way, it’s easier to just read or write for enjoyment than to worry over a win/loss ratio or over/underused monsters.
Then again, you’re right, if MUTO Prime is gonna be viewed as something like Spacegodzilla.

Well then, I guess some people could have some good reasons of not wanting to write a certain monster, kinda like me when I kinda had writer’s block of writing a Shin Godzilla match.

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Posted: Wed May 29, 2019 12:15 pm
by CommanderBowser
Looks like I'll be the first to talk about the new match

It is short, yet fun to read
Spoiler:
A bit one-sided, but the Kamacuras did put up a fight, and the Xillen Commander is always a delight. I wonder what other kaiju he has in store
I guess the Skullcrawler got no match in the legendary brawl.

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Posted: Wed May 29, 2019 1:23 pm
by Greyshot151
CommanderBowser wrote:Looks like I'll be the first to talk about the new match

It is short, yet fun to read
Spoiler:
A bit one-sided, but the Kamacuras did put up a fight, and the Xillen Commander is always a delight. I wonder what other kaiju he has in store
I guess the Skullcrawler got no match in the legendary brawl.
What makes you say that? Who says May-hem is ending the 31st ;)

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Posted: Wed May 29, 2019 2:24 pm
by Nagoda
A nice match. Banner is pretty good looking as well.

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Posted: Wed May 29, 2019 4:07 pm
by soulgodzilla
Greyshot151 wrote:
CommanderBowser wrote:Looks like I'll be the first to talk about the new match

It is short, yet fun to read
Spoiler:
A bit one-sided, but the Kamacuras did put up a fight, and the Xillen Commander is always a delight. I wonder what other kaiju he has in store
I guess the Skullcrawler got no match in the legendary brawl.
What makes you say that? Who says May-hem is ending the 31st ;)
Oooh, so its a month event with five matches instead of four? Interesting.
Spoiler:
As for the match, it’s a fine one, at least the banner is great and the Kamacuras put up a good fight.

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Posted: Wed May 29, 2019 11:28 pm
by MoarCrossovers
If that's the case, then expect more than five matches.

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Posted: Thu May 30, 2019 11:01 pm
by Nagoda
New match. Match is ok. A great banner by KaijuX. Also, this match didn’t take over a week to get up. It’s a sign! Something is probably going to go wrong!
Spoiler:
I should have expected for it to end that way considering who the combatants were.

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Posted: Thu May 30, 2019 11:35 pm
by Shazam14
Greyshot151 wrote:
soulgodzilla wrote:But if you do retire them, and I’m predicting that you’ll likely say no to this one. But since it’s two TV monsters that are likely gonna be retired, would you replace them for Spider Uros? Since I know that GVJ once mentioned about wanting that guy to get in.
Spider Uros is a good idea if only to get him in briefly. Or if he's popular he might stay. Again, my 2 main factors for removing a monster is keeping the status quo on duplicates (examples include Godzillas, Mechagodzillas & Ghidorahs) and amount of matches the monster is used in. Right now, my retire list from most to least likely include the following:
1) Daigoro
2) Goliath
3) King Ghidorah (Heisei)
(All the above a matter of when, not if)
4) Mothra (Heisei)
5) Jikiro
6) Frankenstein
7) Spyler & Wargilgar
I know I'm extremely late to the party, but this list is pretty lame. I don't see the need to retire any of these kaiju other than Heisei King Ghidorah. I knew retiring Godzillasaurus was going to open pandora's box, but damn. If anything, I'd say the Titans should have never been brought in, and HKG should get re-retired. Otherwise, I think the roster is fine.

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Posted: Thu May 30, 2019 11:51 pm
by GodzillaFan1990's
Shazam14 wrote:I know I'm extremely late to the party, but this list is pretty lame. I don't see the need to retire any of these kaiju other than Heisei King Ghidorah. I knew retiring Godzillasaurus was going to open pandora's box, but damn. If anything, I'd say the Titans should have never been brought in, and HKG should get re-retired. Otherwise, I think the roster is fine.
Agreed. I'd rather see the Titans go instead of Frankenstein. They're generic and there's nothing to them. Basically just naked oversized humans with insane regeneration.

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Posted: Fri May 31, 2019 12:15 am
by MoarCrossovers
No one liked the live-action Attack on Titan movies anyway.

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Posted: Fri May 31, 2019 5:29 am
by CommanderBowser
Another match already, that was fast.

I was right, there was no Skullcrawler match for the month.
Spoiler:
Another fun match and a fun rematch, and just in time for Godzilla: King of the Monsters

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Posted: Fri May 31, 2019 5:55 am
by soulgodzilla
Birdman wrote:No one liked the live-action Attack on Titan movies anyway.
If the movie were to have the original characters from the anime/manga (like have them show up in like a sequel to the two films) then maybe it could have redeemed itself.

Added in 1 minute 59 seconds:
Spoiler:
Also, this match was really fun to read through, love the banner, the fight was rather grizzly and its cool how Gojira was in this for a story purpose. All and all, really great match that ends in a tie.

Also I’m glad that its another Round 2 match, really refreshing to see that.
Added in 9 minutes 7 seconds:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Shazam14 wrote:I know I'm extremely late to the party, but this list is pretty lame. I don't see the need to retire any of these kaiju other than Heisei King Ghidorah. I knew retiring Godzillasaurus was going to open pandora's box, but damn. If anything, I'd say the Titans should have never been brought in, and HKG should get re-retired. Otherwise, I think the roster is fine.
Agreed. I'd rather see the Titans go instead of Frankenstein. They're generic and there's nothing to them. Basically just naked oversized humans with insane regeneration.
While I was kinda iffy on the idea of Attack and Armored Titans being way taller then 15 meters tall and the idea of them being in the roster because, well, they’re ded the moment their napes are destroyed (that and I would have liked it if were allowed to have either Attack Titan’s berserk mode or hardening ability) But I still kinda see potential use of them, especially for Eren since we can at least write him and the others as their anime/manga counterparts, and there could be some potential for story writing.

As for Shazam, I’m kinda with him on the whole unnecessary retirements, except for Spyler and maybe Wargilgar.

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Posted: Fri May 31, 2019 9:28 am
by GodzillavsRayquaza
I’m really glad people seem to be liking my match.

It’s not exactly my best match by any means, but I feel like I did a good job. Especially given the difficulty of writing a match where both combatants are different versions of the same monster. Not a bad first impression, hopefully.
Spoiler:
Some trivia, Heisei Godzilla was originally intended to be the winner. Whether I forgot to make that clear in the original submission of the match or if that was changed in the editing process, I don’t know. Not complaining, the result being a tie makes way more sense anyway.

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Posted: Fri May 31, 2019 1:06 pm
by UltimateDitto
As expected I got lost..a lot.

Kinda hard to enjoy this one when trying to figure out who is doing what.

That's just me personally.

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Posted: Fri May 31, 2019 1:10 pm
by Gigantis
new match is good, but also kinda confusing. i got confused on which godzilla was which!

also featured nice human dialogue and some nice action sequences.