The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
Greyshot151
Applebee's Manager

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Postby Greyshot151 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:00 am

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:"Why they lose?"

[gestures at Destroyah]

Yeah, gotta say, I'm not sure why people think monsters are owed a win because they lose a lot. If you want to write them a win that's great, but for me, the win or loss really doesn't matter. I think if you are going to have an issue with an outcome, it should be based on how the monster was represented in the match. If it was a stellar representation of the character then that I would say is far more of highlight then if a monster won it. Sometimes, people enjoy watching someone win as much as someone losing.

On the note of the match, fun match from Hayes, another match I had from Titano's original batch, and stellar banner from Landon. Quite enjoy the ending tribute with Gomora and the ruthlessness of Destoroyah.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

HillyHulk
Interpol Agent

Postby HillyHulk » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:15 am

Spoiler:
I love the maliciousness and bloodthirsty nature of Destoroyah and Gomora's determination deteriorate as the battle continues.

This was an very enjoyable match.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Postby KaijuX » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:21 pm

Greyshot151 wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:"Why they lose?"

[gestures at Destroyah]

Yeah, gotta say, I'm not sure why people think monsters are owed a win because they lose a lot. If you want to write them a win that's great, but for me, the win or loss really doesn't matter. I think if you are going to have an issue with an outcome, it should be based on how the monster was represented in the match. If it was a stellar representation of the character then that I would say is far more of highlight then if a monster won it. Sometimes, people enjoy watching someone win as much as someone losing.

On the note of the match, fun match from Hayes, another match I had from Titano's original batch, and stellar banner from Landon. Quite enjoy the ending tribute with Gomora and the ruthlessness of Destoroyah.

I have to agree. Plus, even if they lose, having another match in their repertoire is a good thing. It means the character is getting a lot of love and attention, certainly better than being underused. I know I used to be more all over the whole "this monster should've won!" mentality, but so long as the representation is on-point, should it matter? I think it's about time the lot of us try to look at it from a different perspective and learn from it. ;) In the end, whatever benefits the story is what matters most--regardless if the monster wins or loses.
TK's Resident Wumbo
UltimateDitto wrote:^ Ya gotta have muscles on your eyeballs!

Birdman wrote:It's actually happening, isn't it?

GVJ is finally getting a promotion.

"If you can't take the edge, that's okay." -KaijuX

Nagoda
Interpol Agent

Postby Nagoda » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:07 pm

Match is good. Banner looks good.
Spoiler:
Really enjoy how parts of the match elude to earlier matches and how Destoroyah just tortures Megalon and slices apart Gigan. Missed opportunity at the end to have Gomora’s tail reanimate and start fighting while the main body is recovering.
Last edited by Nagoda on Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

Birdman
Kwaidan

Postby Birdman » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:22 am

Oh, goodie, another sequel to Match 56.
Komenja wrote:"Rematch! Rematch! Oodako's comin' back for the title!"

https://vk.com/video224433251_166145954

ShinGojira14
Ronin

Postby ShinGojira14 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:23 pm

I wonder: was this most recent match a sequel to “Destoroyah vs Gomora”? Or was it another sequel to match 56?

Or does it just take place in its own continuity?
"There's only one God, ma'am. And his name is ゴジラ."

tyrantgoji
EDF Soldier

Postby tyrantgoji » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:25 pm

ShinGojira14 wrote:I wonder: was this most recent match a sequel to “Destoroyah vs Gomora”? Or was it another sequel to match 56?

Doesn't say.Maybe it's a sequel to 56? But even then it's not canon to the main story.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Futurian

Postby GodzillavsRayquaza » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:40 pm

ShinGojira14 wrote:I wonder: was this most recent match a sequel to “Destoroyah vs Gomora”? Or was it another sequel to match 56?

56. It makes explicit reference to a scene from 56, just doesn’t say it’s a sequel for whatever reason.
King of the Monsters wrote:You guys, this Godzilla was clearly the next GINO from the point its silhouette was revealed on that poster and it wasn't just the Heisei Godzilla. Any true fan would feel the same way.

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Man, I can't believe this series that started as a condemnation of nuclear weapons, Cold War arm races and called for humanity coming together MIGHT DARE TO BE (le gasp) political

Birdman
Kwaidan

Postby Birdman » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:14 pm

Oh skreeonk, I lost the discord!

tyrantgoji
EDF Soldier

Postby tyrantgoji » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:55 am

Some smol footage of GVK was released today at a Con, and it looks like Kong is the same size as Godzilla, if not a little less. Nothing big but just so you guys know how big to make him. ;)

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Postby KaijuX » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:12 pm

I can verify that. ;)
https://www.instagram.com/p/B500iuhBut8/

The video that was posted on YouTube has already been taken down. So it's a definite signifier, if you ask me! I still can't believe Kong's gotten that big...
TK's Resident Wumbo
UltimateDitto wrote:^ Ya gotta have muscles on your eyeballs!

Birdman wrote:It's actually happening, isn't it?

GVJ is finally getting a promotion.

"If you can't take the edge, that's okay." -KaijuX

GodzillavsRayquaza
Futurian

Postby GodzillavsRayquaza » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:30 pm

I’m going to assume the new match is rather old, probably even one of the ones Titano handed over to Greyshot during the change in leadership. Writing was bland, used the monster’s names too often. Orga’s ship does pretty much nothing except sit there and get blown up, which makes me ask why include it in the first place.

Spoiler:
Highlight was the Orga hybrid, but it was rather standard as those go. Didn’t really do too much with said hybrid.

Banner looks ok, but the straight from the movie image of Orga and his ship clashes hard with the other combatants being figures. I also feel like the glow on the crystals and Krystalak is a bit overdone, makes them clash even harder with the rest of the elements of the banner, but I might just be nitpicking at this point.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King of the Monsters wrote:You guys, this Godzilla was clearly the next GINO from the point its silhouette was revealed on that poster and it wasn't just the Heisei Godzilla. Any true fan would feel the same way.

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Man, I can't believe this series that started as a condemnation of nuclear weapons, Cold War arm races and called for humanity coming together MIGHT DARE TO BE (le gasp) political

GmkGoji
Interpol Agent

Postby GmkGoji » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:53 pm

Not gonna lie, Goliath in the banner looks really weird. Still, great new match!
Why yes. Yes it is.

Saw-U-In-1/2
JXSDF Technician

Postby Saw-U-In-1/2 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:41 am

Thank you guys for enjoying my match although looking at it years later, its flaws are very evident and this was an experiment for me to work on four kaiju rather than the basic one on one matches I did so I try to work on my weak areas as much as I can.
Last edited by Saw-U-In-1/2 on Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Happiness is an illusion the mind creates to conceal what you truly feel.

tyrantgoji
EDF Soldier

Postby tyrantgoji » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:01 am

Saw-U-In-1/2 wrote:Thank you guys for enjoying my match although looking at it years later, its flaws are very evident and this was an experiment for me to work on four kaiju rather than the basic one on one matches I did so I try to work on my weak areas as much as I can.

I thought the match was fine! While yeah the names are kinda overused and it needed more fleshing out, it was a nice first attempt, and your certain to get better down the road! :D

CommanderBowser
Samurai

Postby CommanderBowser » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:20 am

This new match is quite a fun one, shame Goliath is going to be retired soon

Spoiler:
And another win for Orga as well. I wonder if there will be a sequel to that match

Overall, it's a fun match
Last edited by CommanderBowser on Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just your average fan of Godzilla, who also loves cartoons and Super Smash Bros

FWI, Bowser is my Smash Main, hence my user name.

Birdman
Kwaidan

Postby Birdman » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:39 am

There is, actually.

Kiryu2012
Kwaidan

Postby Kiryu2012 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:38 am

Spoiler:
Eh, this match felt a little bare boned. There's potential here, especially with Orga's hybrid form, but there isn't much effort put into it.
Last edited by Kiryu2012 on Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...

gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide

Holy poop man.

My DA

soulgodzilla
EDF Soldier

Postby soulgodzilla » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:57 am

Saw-U-In-1/2 wrote:Thank you guys for enjoying my match although looking at it years later, its flaws are very evident and this was an experiment for me to work on four kaiju rather than the basic one on one matches I did so I try to work on my weak areas as much as I can.

Congrats for having this old match getting uploaded, after all those years. I remember reading it a long time ago.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

Saw-U-In-1/2
JXSDF Technician

Postby Saw-U-In-1/2 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:14 pm

tyrantgoji wrote:

I thought the match was fine! While yeah the names are kinda overused and it needed more fleshing out, it was a nice first attempt, and your certain to get better down the road! :D

Thank you so much! :)
Happiness is an illusion the mind creates to conceal what you truly feel.

Return to “K.W.C. (Kaiju War Chronicles)”