The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

KaijuX wrote:But I guess if we're going off of Orga rules
Actually, now that you say this... Maybe the Trilopods shouldn't be able to hybridize, specifically because Orga has already done this in matches. It would be a good way to differentiate their DNA absorbing abilities - Orga can go all hybrid crazy while the Trilopods can only do one monster at a time.

In other words, the Trilopods are the Body Snatchers while Orga is The Thing. :P
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

TitanoGoji16 wrote:In other words, the Trilopods are the Body Snatchers while Orga is The Thing. :P
And what is Barugaron when he gets added eventually? :lol:

I guess if anything he'd be Dracula. :P
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:54 pm, edited 5 times in total.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

But what if an Alpha took genetic material from a hybridised Beta?
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

TitanoGoji16 wrote:Actually, now that you say this... Maybe the Trilopods shouldn't be able to hybridize, specifically because Orga has already done this in matches. It would be a good way to differentiate their DNA absorbing abilities - Orga can go all hybrid crazy while the Trilopods can only do one monster at a time.

In other words, the Trilopods are the Body Snatchers while Orga is The Thing. :P
Aye, I would actually agree to this. It would help differentiate the Trilopods and Orga as both share the same base ability of essence absorption.
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:And what is Barugaron when he gets added eventually? :lol:

I guess he'd be Dracula. :P
Barugaron is an interesting case. He's like Orga in that he gains physical mutations from the other monsters he's taken hemoglobin from; however, unlike Orga, Barugaron is able to discard these mutations by converting the hemoglobin into energy, thus getting rid of any physical change in the process. I think this ability would be best if Barugaron absorbed one of the Amoeba Trio (Gezora, Ganimes, or Kamoebas), as they possess Yog.

Imagine this: a scenario where Barugaron absorbs the Yog. The Yog tries to control him, and upon realizing this side-effect, Barugaron converts the Yog into a power-up.
Birdman wrote:But what if an Alpha took genetic material from a hybridised Beta?
My guess would be that if they were taking the genetic material from a Beta Trilopod that's already been mutated, I think it would only really extract the genetic template of whatever monster they're fused with.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

KaijuX wrote:Barugaron is an interesting case. He's like Orga in that he gains physical mutations from the other monsters he's taken hemoglobin from; however, unlike Orga, Barugaron is able to discard these mutations by converting the hemoglobin into energy, thus getting rid of any physical change in the process. I think this ability would be best if Barugaron absorbed one of the Amoeba Trio (Gezora, Ganimes, or Kamoebas), as they possess Yog.

Imagine this: a scenario where Barugaron absorbs the Yog. The Yog tries to control him, and upon realizing this side-effect, Barugaron converts the Yog into a power-up.
Heh, that just makes Barugaron much more interesting. :D

Someone definitely really needs to do Barugaron vs. Orga vs. Trilopod so badly. :huge:
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

^ And Iris to an extent. While he can't mutate, he can take other monster's powers to use it as his own.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

KaijuX wrote:^ And Iris to an extent. While he can't mutate, he can take other monster's powers to use it as his own.
True, true. Might as well throw Iris in there too. Oh and Megaguirus for that matter... :lol:

Anyone else I'm missing? :P

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

WOO HOO! Finally, got to those updates! :) And made a lot of minor edits and changes.

Pair of kings.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

KaijuX wrote:WOO HOO! Finally, got to those updates! :) And made a lot of minor edits and changes.
Much appreciated KaijuX! :huge:
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

What changes?
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:What changes?
Nothing toooooo much. While one is basically our reasoning of not changing monster names to correspond what's on TK (like with Rogue Titan/Attack Titan), the other falls under the more important category of saying "Not all crossovers are Toho involved" for the most part. Just bringing that to clarity.

Added in 1 minute 22 seconds:
But with that said, there were minor edits:

-"Round 2" has been added to Match 217.
-All the Gigan matches now have the incarnations appropriate to those matches.
-The tiny, weeeee little mistake with Match 171 has finally been corrected.

Pair of kings.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Quick question: if I were to commission a 3D model for use in KWC banners, should I also ask for the 3D file, if that helps with angles?
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Birdman wrote:Quick question: if I were to commission a 3D model for use in KWC banners, should I also ask for the 3D file, if that helps with angles?
Probably not because unless you have the software to use said file, I think it would be useless to you no? My recommendation would be just different angles of said monster.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

A Sketchfab link is included with the finished commission, it seems, so I don't need to bother about angles.

Also, artwork is expensive.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Birdman wrote:Also, artwork is expensive.
As someone who has looked at ways to expand the K.W.C. creatively and possibly revamp some monster images, I can agree with that :lol:
—Epsilon

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

As expensive as making clay statues.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

$415 dollars for two pieces of artwork

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Only as long as you have the needed programs and space to hold it, then I'd say go for it.

Pair of kings.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

If only Dopepope wrote for the KWC, he would make some sick banners for his matches :lol:
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Congrats in getting your first match added to the K.W.C. Sensei!!!! :D
Spoiler:
This was an really fun one to read and nice to also see Zilla being portrayed as a wild animal once more like some other matches rather then his Animated Series counterpart. It's been a while since we got that with the last being #159.