The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
soulgodzilla
Futurian

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by soulgodzilla »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Recognizable has nothing to do with it.

If no one's gonna write for them, there's no point in putting them in the roster and cluttering up space.

And I don't want to speak for KaijuX, that sounds like a pretty definitive "No more Ultra Kaiju at all".
Well, guess were stuck with Monster X, as if I haven’t seen enough him. -_-

But aside from that, I guess I might as well sell the SH Figurarts Twin Tail that I have.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Monster X? What does he have to do with this?

RIP Evan.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Monster X? What does he have to do with this?
Was mentioning of how he gets the most matches and I’m kinda tired of it, and I would rather see a match with someone else.

Ya know, I’m gonna drop this topic.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Hahaha! Sweet!

The terrible Heisei Mothra design is gone! Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Anyway I really like how much of the KWC's old rules have been bent and abolished since I was last here. Which is great because it allows for more creative and free writing.

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

ROMG4 wrote:Hahaha! Sweet!

The terrible Heisei Mothra design is gone! Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Anyway I really like how much of the KWC's old rules have been bent and abolished since I was last here. Which is great because it allows for more creative and free writing.
I won't say abolished per se, but we've been given a lot more creative leeway over the last couple of years. I know I've said this before, but I'd compare ourselves to IDW. We had to be by the book at first, but the more we proved ourselves (since KWC is pretty much among the top-viewed sections of the site, just behind the Monster Bios), the more rules we could bend for creativity purposes.

As far as TV monsters go... Well, there haven't been any announcements concerning any of the TV monsters being retired (I know we've talked about it, but we don't have plans on retiring anyone else anytime soon save for the 4 mentioned). So just use them for future matches.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

I don’t think the Heisei Mothra’s design is terrible, not my favorite, but I still think it looks good.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

KaijuX wrote:

I won't say abolished per se, but we've been given a lot more creative leeway over the last couple of years. I know I've said this before, but I'd compare ourselves to IDW. We had to be by the book at first, but the more we proved ourselves (since KWC is pretty much among the top-viewed sections of the site, just behind the Monster Bios), the more rules we could bend for creativity purposes.

As far as TV monsters go... Well, there haven't been any announcements concerning any of the TV monsters being retired (I know we've talked about it, but we don't have plans on retiring anyone else anytime soon save for the 4 mentioned). So just use them for future matches.
Are we ever going to get Giant Doctor Serizawa?

It has been 2 years, the community is asking even the director of KOTM knows of it :P
Last edited by ROMG4 on Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

ROMG4 wrote:Are we ever going to get Giant Doctor Serizawa?

It has been 2 years, the community is asking even the director of KOTM knows of it :P
Believe me when I say, I love me some Giant Dr. Serizawa. :lol: But so far, last time we discussed it, we don't have plans on pushing GDS into the light at all. So he's sadly a no-go.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

KaijuX wrote:

Believe me when I say, I love me some Giant Dr. Serizawa. :lol: But so far, last time we discussed it, we don't have plans on pushing GDS into the light at all. So he's sadly a no-go.
He should be more of a April Fools joke character.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

KaijuX wrote:

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

ROMG4 wrote:
KaijuX wrote:

*image*
Priceless. :lol:
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

soulgodzilla wrote:
ROMG4 wrote:
KaijuX wrote: Believe me when I say, I love me some Giant Dr. Serizawa. :lol: But so far, last time we discussed it, we don't have plans on pushing GDS into the light at all. So he's sadly a no-go.
*image*
Priceless. :lol:
Use this image we must everytime he fails

Moth
Gotengo Officer

Post by Moth »

I dunno, I think at the least Eleking deserves a pass in. Him, Gomora, and Redking feel like to be the most popular Ultraman kaiju. But uh, can someone explain how Eleking is eligible?
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

But aside from that, disappointed that Mothra (Heisei) has to go since I’ve grown to like that specific Mothra and how shes the second most versatile Mothra out there. But since Mothra (SOS/FW) is gonna be the replacement, I think its a sacrifice that does scar, but worth it at the same time.

I mean, I’d rather have SOS/FW Mothra over the GMK Mothra.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

Moth
Gotengo Officer

Post by Moth »

If any GMK monster has a shot of getting in. It's Ghidorah and maaaybeee the Godzilla.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Nathus214 wrote:I dunno, I think at the least Eleking deserves a pass in. Him, Gomora, and Redking feel like to be the most popular Ultraman kaiju. But uh, can someone explain how Eleking is eligible?
There was this painting in one of the distributed Ultraman Taro episodes where it shows Alien Emperor sending out a bunch of monsters, Eleking being one of them. Along with Bemstar who I can also see getting added instead of Gudon and Twin Tail.

But I agree with you, Eleking (and hopefully Bemstar) should be given a pass since he is a very popular monster and I imagine that allot of people would be happy for his addition.

Added in 2 minutes 52 seconds:
Nathus214 wrote:If any GMK monster has a shot of getting in. It's Ghidorah and maaaybeee the Godzilla.
GMK Godzilla is a definite yes, for his energy absorption, how close he is to Ghost Godzilla, and how vengeful and evil he is. He’s a prime example that the character and the personality is what makes him so unique that he’s worth to be added. Godzilla Heisei could be added, but I don’t think he would be any where of being just a sadistic bastard as the GMK counterpart. :twisted:

Added in 5 minutes 36 seconds:
GMK Ghidorah, while I’m not a fan of that Ghidorah and would rather use MKG, I think he could be an interesting addition for anyone to write a mythical guardian monster and a Ghidorah thats like a middle tier.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

'fraid there aren't going to be any special passes here. ;) And paintings sadly don't count, either.

On the GMK front, while I am hesitant at the idea of GMK Godzilla (though I agree the personality definitely helps his case), I'd be down for including GMK Ghidorah to replace GKG. But as far as I'm aware, that won't be the case; as Greyshot said in the video, it's very much the Japanese Space Ghidorah vs. the American Space Ghidorah. So I don't think GKG will be retiring any time soon.

Pair of kings.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Why don’t people just...write stories with the monsters they want to use and post them in the fan fiction section instead of limiting themselves with a restrictive ruleset like this.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

KaijuX wrote:'fraid there aren't going to be any special passes here. ;) And paintings sadly don't count, either.

On the GMK front, while I am hesitant at the idea of GMK Godzilla (though I agree the personality definitely helps his case), I'd be down for including GMK Ghidorah to replace GKG. But as far as I'm aware, that won't be the case; as Greyshot said in the video, it's very much the Japanese Space Ghidorah vs. the American Space Ghidorah. So I don't think GKG will be retiring any time soon.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o5rme1GnL3I

Alright, I’m fine with GMK Ghidorah being denied, but I would like to see GMK Godzilla get in just for a pure 100% evil Godzilla with no redemption, not even having any interest of doing such, just a malevolent creature made up of restless souls, and has no hesitation to bring chaos and destruction on anything his soulless white eyes gaze upon.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

UltramanGoji wrote:Why don’t people just...write stories with the monsters they want to use and post them in the fan fiction section instead of limiting themselves with a restrictive ruleset like this.
I do have to agree, I've never understood why we don't just roll up all versions of a monster into one banner

For example the Godzilla banner would allow you to choose any incarnation of Godzilla, but you are restricted to the incarnation you pick. So if you pick say the Showa Godzilla you are limited to that version's powers and fighting ability so no Heisei or Millenium power-ups

Forcing an arbitrary restriction has always seemed silly and creatively restricting

But the Dark Ones Arbok and Greyshot are very obsessive ones :P
Last edited by ROMG4 on Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.